AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is your cell phone a reflection of you?

goodchild Guest

Is your cell phone a reflection of you?

Many believe that a person's cellular phone hints at one's personality. At least that's one of the reasons manufacturers keep releasing new models, as they believe that a phone is more than just a tool, but it's an accessory.

What does your phone say about you?
    Do you believe that your phone gives the right perception of your personality?
    How often do you change your phone?

Please share and post a picture of your phone if you can!

I have had my Motorolla pebl since June of this year and I think it gives an hint at my personality. It says I'm chic, modish and definitely sophisticated! I've attached two images of my phone, but couldn't get them bigger!

How often do I change my phone? Well only when they are damaged do I change my phone and that's approximately four to seven months. Not because I want to upgrade but really because I'm rather clumsy and my phones usually fall quite often. Since 2005 I've changed a motorolla razor, nokia, motorolla v60 and I definitely hope to keep this one until the end of next year!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by goodchild; 11-06-2007 at 08:58 PM.

BeauSoleil Guest
    I have the Kyocera Strobe.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/strobe-phone/

What it says about me? Hmmmm....I got it from my ex-DH who was going to toss it. It has a full keyboard and since I have teenagers, this makes texting my kids a breeze. I guess it says that I am cheap enough to accept a hand-me-down phone and I and immature enough to text with kids?

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeauSoleil View Post
    I have the Kyocera Strobe.

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/strobe-phone/

What it says about me? Hmmmm....I got it from my ex-DH who was going to toss it. It has a full keyboard and since I have teenagers, this makes texting my kids a breeze. I guess it says that I am cheap enough to accept a hand-me-down phone and I and immature enough to text with kids?
    Lol! I guess it also says you have a great sense of humor!

whiterose is offline Administrator
    I have a black motorola razr v3. I'm not sure what it says about me though, but I like it's options.

edited to add: I change them whenever I wear the last one out. I had my last motorola for 3 years.

Geo55 Guest
    I don't own a cell phone.

PinkPanther_04 Guest
    My phone pretty well just makes phone calls (and is the only phone I have). It can also take pictures but they're not that great, and it can check my email but the network hasn't been working right lately. It's pretty beat up. I had one just like it before, for probably two years or so, but it stopped working. I think I must have gotten it wet at some point. They didn't sell it anymore at the Sprint store and there wasn't another one I liked better, so I just got another of the same kind on Ebay. I dropped it on the floor at Staples a few months ago and the little button on the back that you push to take off the battery cover flew off, so now that part doesn't stay on all that well. But it still makes phone calls and I'll replace it when it falls apart so much that it's not really usable anymore. I would say my phone doesn't really reflect my personality, but maybe it actually does, since it's a little beat up and pretty well out of date but still works fine.

The funny thing is, the phone I had before this one (well, before the one that was like this one that I had before), I had another model that broke and I inherited my mom's phone which was the same model as that one and used it until it also broke. Then I got a different kind because they didn't sell that model anymore. So out of the last four phones I've had, I've only actually had two different models.

This is the one I have now:

This is the one I had before:

And before that I had this one:

For some reason I seem to have an aversion to the typical clamshell and candy bar phones.

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo55 View Post
    What?

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
    I have a black motorola razr v3. I'm not sure what it says about me though, but I like it's options.

edited to add: I change them whenever I wear the last one out. I had my last motorola for 3 years.
    Razors are sexy and sleek, but mine lasted only two months! I think phones are not being made as strong as they use to as the manufacturers want people to purchase the later models. Also, maybe the smaller and thinner the phone, the more fragile it is

Or maybe I'm just clumsy as I said before, but the phone (samsung) I had before 2004 lasted three years and I can't even count the numerous times it fell!

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPanther_04 View Post

This is the one I have now:

This is the one I had before:

And before that I had this one:

For some reason I seem to have an aversion to the typical clamshell and candy bar phones.
    Actually, the one you have now is kinda cute

jesique is offline 2 Legit 2 Quit
    I have the LG Chocolate phone in Mint.

It says that I LOVE the color green. That's probably about all it says about me. I do have a cute picture of my cat on the screen.

I like the light touch buttons too.

I don't change my phone very often. I just got this one a couple of months ago and I'll probably keep it til it totally dies.

Nadine.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo55 View Post
    Neither do I George.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

larasteele Guest

Can't find a photo of my cell phone....

But it does say something about me. It's a Motorola V557 phone; I basically bought the one that looked the sturdiest, and the clerk told me would withstand wear and tear. LOL! I did not have a personal cell phone until last year, but spent enough time with the on-call phone for work that I knew I needed a tough phone. (I broke the on call phone! I dropped it on a tile floor! Ooops.)

In spite of the sturdy nature of my phone, it has scuffs and scratches....LMAO....I'm just too clumsy.

My phone says "Ouch."

bubbleee Guest

My Company Leash

This is my phone, it's a company issue, part fun, part leash! It has GPS which is cool.

It's high tech and sexy like the woman who carries it, of course

PinkPanther 04, Phil carried a phone like your blue flip phone for a few years. He liked it alot. Now he carries a little phone of some kind, lol. And Sheila, I use my phone for my alarm as well. IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!!!

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleee View Post

This is my phone, it's a company issue, part fun, part leash!

It's high tech and sexy like the woman who carries it, of course
    WOOT! DARN THAT THING IS SEXY AND MIGHT I ADD HOT

jesique is offline 2 Legit 2 Quit
    Oh yeah...and I forgot to mention...

My current ringtone is "Roxanne" by The Police.

Which says that I don't have to put on that dress tonight...

Nadine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast