AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance & Ashley

Kristin is offline Senior Member

Lance & Ashley

http://www.usmagazine.com/morning_ru..._seen_nuzzling

Can you believe the negative press about these two? What is the deal? Tom & Katie didn't get so many "ewww" responses!

I think a lot of people are being unfair to Ashley - I would say she is the more "together" of the twins and she has been running the Olsen "empire" since her teens. Doesn't surprise me that she isn't interested in some young party boy!

nluvw19 Guest
    I can't believe how utterly superficial people have become! All of those comments are inflated and all regarding their looks. I want to see pics of the people who are calling either of them ugly, my guess is that they feel ugly themselves, they are the ugly in this case, not the celebs.

Gypsyheart is offline searching for myself
    Most of those comments sound like kids(teenagers) anyways. Still sad to see such ignorant crap spewing from the younger generation.

Unfortunately, I've read similar comments all over the place.

I just read in People that Dennis Quaid (53 yrs) and his wife (36 yrs) just had a baby. No one commented on HIS age gap. Makes you wonder what people are picking up on with Lance & Ashley? Just because she's 21? I mean, people have to admit she's not your average 21 year old!!

Gypsyheart is offline searching for myself
    Another thought too is the "twins" were public figures since they were babies. They also have childlike qualities to their looks. I think it's hard for people to accept they've become adults along the way and still see them as "kids". I suspect her being 21 does make a difference in the "ewww" factor with the general public. (shrugs)

miu Guest
    My YM is a huge fan of Lance Armstrong the bicyclist. He used to wear a yellow Lance Armstrong Foundation bracelet too. Well, these are our thoughts about the Ashley thing. When Lance left his wife and family for Sheryl Crow, we were sad for his family. We figured that his wife put up with so much between his cycling career and his bout with cancer. Then, we got used to Lance and Sheryl being together as a cool YM/OW coupling. With Ashley, we are both disgusted, especially my YM. Ashley is nothing compared to a woman like Sheryl Crow. If anything, we wish that he'd go back to his first wife.

My YM and I have never liked the Olsen Twins. It's a part of American culture that we don't understand. My YM has honestly never thought either of the twin "hot" or attractive looking. They typify the kind of YW that turns him off and why he loves me so much. I guess for that, I should thank them.

I guess I always thought that they were very different - Ashley seemed to have her act together compared to her sister - Lance isn't the first older man she's dated. I feel bad that she gets lumped in with her twin.

I never understood the whole Olson Twins appeal, but I think she's done pretty well for herself. Mary Kate is pretty messed up, though.

Lance was tried & convicted on erroneous public opinion. A lot of people complain his wife supported him during the cancer battle, but in truth, his cancer was mostly in 1996 and he didn't even meet her until 1997 - he had just finished chemo. They separated in February 2003, filed for divorce in September 2003. Lance and Sheryl met at an event in Las Vegas in October, 2003 - so obviously the Armstrong's were already on the way to divorcing by the time he met her.

I saw Kristin on Oprah and she blamed typical forces - not him being unfaithful - and they are still on good terms.

So, I think Lance gets a bum rap for "leaving his devoted wife, that supported him through his cancer, for Sheryl Crow" as so many people say, because that isn't what happened at all! And I think Ashley gets a bum rap because of her flaky sister.
    Last edited by Kristin; 11-21-2007 at 01:02 AM.

Bob's babydoll is offline Love is patient...
    Seemed like only yesterday when the Olsen twins were Michelle on Full House...

*sigh* Where did the time go?

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miu View Post
    My YM is a huge fan of Lance Armstrong the bicyclist. He used to wear a yellow Lance Armstrong Foundation bracelet too. Well, these are our thoughts about the Ashley thing. When Lance left his wife and family for Sheryl Crow, we were sad for his family. We figured that his wife put up with so much between his cycling career and his bout with cancer. Then, we got used to Lance and Sheryl being together as a cool YM/OW coupling. With Ashley, we are both disgusted, especially my YM. Ashley is nothing compared to a woman like Sheryl Crow. If anything, we wish that he'd go back to his first wife.

My YM and I have never liked the Olsen Twins. It's a part of American culture that we don't understand. My YM has honestly never thought either of the twin "hot" or attractive looking. They typify the kind of YW that turns him off and why he loves me so much. I guess for that, I should thank them.
    I'm just curious miu, can you explain what makes her so terribly different from Sheryl Crow. What type of yw does she represent? I don't know much about her so maybe that's why I'm a bit confused!

miu Guest
    I have just never liked or respected the Olsen Twins marketing empire. I didn't even like the tv show that they started on. I remember when all the YM were counting down to the day that they turned 18 and became legal adults. The twins just seem to be part of the typical skinny talentless celebrity YW scene. And it's a reaction to so many YM thinking that they are hot looking, but not to us. We feel the same way about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

Anyway, it's that my YM and I respect a lot Lance as an athlete from his many wins doing the Tour de France. Honestly, we don't care who is is seeing. But Sheryl Crow we like as a cool OW that started her career late and was a school teacher. And we respect her real musical talent.

Otherwise, we don't follow People magazine or tv shows like Entertainment Tonight on a regular basis. We prefer admiring real people and ones that get ahead by using their brain, not going to exclusive Hollywood parties or dressing provocatively for the press and their public.

Okay, for us a YW or any women that uses her smarts instead of her looks to get ahead and doesn't wear the latest in trendywear is the kind of female that we admire. I don't focus on too many YW, but I suppose I admire Danica Patrick. Of actresses, those that are more character actresses and not ones that play pretty airheads like Reese Witherspoon did in Legally Blonde. Yes, she was funny, but my YM's sisters actually seriously admired her character in that movie. Yuck.

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miu View Post

Okay, for us a YW or any women that uses her smarts instead of her looks to get ahead and doesn't wear the latest in trendywear is the kind of female that we admire.
    This is part of the reason my OM daughters don't like me; like so many others who thinks I'm stuck up until they get to know me! I dress flashy! wow!
    whatever!

Amina Guest
    I sure do hope the idiots responding to that "article" were not above the age of 12. Ugh, how frustrating.

On another note, I've always found something not-so-likable about ole Lancey boy...so the fact that they are together turns me off for no age gap reason, but merely because I get a bit of a "dog" vibe from Lance. Of course, I don't him, lol..so who am I to say?

scott2075 Guest
    I just laughed as I read those comments. We all know it comes from people under the age of 16, you can tell by their inability to spell and put sentences together. To be a little off topic, I remember when I was going to school, you were considered stupid when you didn't spell correctly. Now, it's ok to speak, write Ebonics and misspell. It's disheartening to me.

I remember the Olsen twins growing up. I also remember them just being those cute little girls on Full House and movies. Some people don't fathom them actually being grown-up. When you say Olsen twins, I think back to those times. I don't keep up with the news much because I really don't care. I don't like celebrities in general either. Live and let live, you know?. People are too caught up being insecure and unhappy with themselves, that's why they feel the need to critique other people's lives.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    I guess I always thought that they were very different - Ashley seemed to have her act together compared to her sister - Lance isn't the first older man she's dated. I feel bad that she gets lumped in with her twin.

I never understood the whole Olson Twins appeal, but I think she's done pretty well for herself. Mary Kate is pretty messed up, though.

Lance was tried & convicted on erroneous public opinion. A lot of people complain his wife supported him during the cancer battle, but in truth, his cancer was mostly in 1996 and he didn't even meet her until 1997 - he had just finished chemo. They separated in February 2003, filed for divorce in September 2003. Lance and Sheryl met at an event in Las Vegas in October, 2003 - so obviously the Armstrong's were already on the way to divorcing by the time he met her.

I saw Kristin on Oprah and she blamed typical forces - not him being unfaithful - and they are still on good terms.

So, I think Lance gets a bum rap for "leaving his devoted wife, that supported him through his cancer, for Sheryl Crow" as so many people say, because that isn't what happened at all! And I think Ashley gets a bum rap because of her flaky sister.
    Thanks for posting this Kristin. I didn't know his background and couldn't understand what all talk was about.

And for a second I thought...isn't this exactly the point YW have been complaining about magnified? Not sure what type of woman she looks like outside of her being herself.

I don't have a problem with who he dates. It's not my business and I don't even consider them two dating entertainment worthy unless of course there is some strange addiction or drama linked to them.

These are 2 successful and seemingly normal adults who have something compatible with each other. Good luck to both of them.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PinkPanther_04 Guest
    The fact of the matter is that we don't know much more about most celebrities than we do about strangers walking down the street. We don't know what they're like as people, or what they're like in a relationship, or how compatible or incompatible they may be with anyone else on Earth. And none of that has any impact on any of our lives anyways. But some people still insist on judging them based on their appearance or the characters they play or tabloid gossip. And it's funny how sometimes it's people who claim not to care about celebrities who have the strongest opinions about them. So two people have so far found themselves to be incompatible with other people they have been involved with and are now involved with each other. Big whoop. So one of them happens to be a bit older/younger than the other. Again, big whoop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast