AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: New years gift

lovemytwins is offline Senior Member

New years gift

Hubby and I don't celebrate X'mas but New year is big time! I have been thinking of a gift for him and I think I have found one. I'm going to get him a TShirt with our lovely picture printed on it, with a saying 'We must love each other or die'. What do you guys think about that, or do you have a better idea?
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

jesique is offline 2 Legit 2 Quit
    Would he wear a shirt like that?

Nadine.

Quote Originally Posted by jesique View Post
    Would he wear a shirt like that?

Nadine.
    I'm sure he will wear it, do you think its too strong?

jesique is offline 2 Legit 2 Quit
    I do think it's a little strong.

I understand the sentiment behind it...but it could be a bit much to wear on your chest.

What about a nice framed picture of you? Then you could write that in a card...or even have it written on the mat surrounding the picture?

Nadine.

~Guinavere~ Guest
    I think it is a bit strong. One thing we are doing for our anniversary this year (which is in January) is having one of our photos put onto canvas. It is a very large picture that we will hang somewhere in our apartment...most likely the living room.

If you haven't had a professional photo done together...that might be a good gift...also...not just any photograph...but maybe a glamour photo of the both of you together.

Or you could just get one done of yourself and present that to him...

Now that I think about it, I agree with all of you. How about 'There is only one happiness in life to love and to be loved'

Do you like that?

I need to know what you think about my Tshirt idea, give me some feedback. How about if I write 'My greatest happiness is to love and to be loved' Does that sound loving, would you wear a shirt like that guys?

~Guinavere~ Guest
    If your guy will wear something like that then go for it.

My husband wouldn't wear it. He would think it was too cheesy. And I can just imagine his mates ribbing him for wearing something with such a romantic sentiment on it.

Considering I bought my hubby a t-shirt with Guiness written all over it for Xmas because he loves to drink it. Pubs rule in OZ and it would be appropriate for him to wear something touting some sort of alcoholic beverage.

If I were to go another route with t-shirts and slogans, I might lean toward getting matching t-shirts with some sort of slogan on it...not necessarily some romantic line, but maybe something with a sports theme or something. What are his interests? If the gift is for him...it should reflect a genuine interest HE has.

~Guinavere~ Guest
    What did you decide on for a gift?

I got him a t shirt with his handsome face on it also a very nice portrait of us. He likes them very much.

~Guinavere~ Guest
    That sounds lovely! Glad he liked them and that you had a nice New year's celebration.