AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: the bright side of life

lovemytwins is offline Senior Member

the bright side of life

I have been frustrated with my supervisor's attitude but I did not think of quitting untill last night. My boss is very good at criticizing me and often ignore my hard work and the good work I do for her and the company. I have made mistakes at work and each time she scolded me as if I were a child, a few time she even swore at me. She did not like the fact that I put my honest opinion on a wrttien warning papers that she had me signed because she thought I was being defensive. She does not take responsiblity for her action and often blame it on others. I never feel appreciated for the good things I do at work. When I caught the man who tried to cash $3000.00 check, my boss told me' I would have been mad at you if you had cashed that check because it was so obvious that it is a stolen item'. Her boss called me to congratulate me and thank me for saving the company money.

So yesterday I made a rare mistake, it's not a big mistake and the bank does not lose any money but it's a rare mistake. Tomorrow when I go to work I know she will scold and insult me. I told my husband how unhappy I have been with my boss, he said that I should quit, find a different job or take a break. I told him if I quit I must enjoy my break and that is GOING HOME. He said go for it. So, I'm planning to turn in my two week notice on thursday and fly home on the January 21st. My husband can't go with me and I'll miss him. I want to stay longer but I don't want to be away from him for more than six weeks, he insists I go for 8 weeks. I'm going to have a lot of fun with my family, it's been tree years since I last saw them.
    Now that I have made up my mind to go home during my break, I feel that things happen because they are meant to happen. I have been wanting to go home for a while but I stick to my job because of health insurance. This year they change the health insurance and very few docs in our area accept it. The combination of a few frustrated things makes it perfect for me to quit and go home to visit my family. The only thing I regret is that my dear husband would not be next to me for about 6 weeks because he has to take care of business here.
    Lucky me, he checked and found out he has more than enough frequent flyer miles for my tickets and that saves us about $2000 buck just on air tickets.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

goodchild Guest
    Sounds like you are comfortable with your decision to quit your job and your husband supports your decision. Enjoy your break; it will give you an opportunity to reflect on your professional life and determine your next step.

~Guinavere~ Guest
    What a sweet husband you have!!

I am very happy you have an opportunity to visit your family. I recently stayed an extended time in the states to be near my family too. For part of the time my husband was with me...and then for the last part of my stay my husband had to come back to Australia to work. So I know how you feel.

Just go and have a happy time with your family and then when youget back home with hubby, you can look for a better place to work. Yes, things happen for a reason...I wish you a safe and happy trip!

TALLBLONDECUTE is offline Here I am...
    Bon Voyage!

And can we find out where home is? Just curious because the airfare is so expensive! So just wondering if it is somewhere very far... Es todo!

PS A couple of summers ago I bought a ticket for my kid to travel from our city to my home and the ticket cost me $3,600.00*

*Unaccompanied minor traveling on high season and for a 2 months stay. I could not get it any cheaper. It takes a minimum of 3 planes (connections) to get back home. It is a loooooooooooooooooong trip.
    Last edited by TALLBLONDECUTE; 01-02-2008 at 02:53 AM.
    *Disclaimer, please consult an attorney of your choice, this is not legal advice.