AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Sharing a private message

Geo55 Guest

Sharing a private message

I received this private message from a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who!

Hey dude,

Remember when you talked me into signing up with Ageless Love? Remember? It wasn't that long ago. You're not that old & senile that you have forgotten already? Remember how you convinced me Ageless Love needed me?

So now you're gonna just quit and leave? I don't think so, pal! Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop being self centered. There are people at Ageless that like you, others that depend on you. You're needed more than I am. Have you considered what kind of an example you are making? I didn't think so. Remember, you're the one who told me every life is a book without words. So what is this, a chapter on quitting? Stop being a pud, suck it in, and get your rear end back here. I've seen you do way more difficult things than this.

Yeah that's right, you're being a pud.

If you come back I'll be over this weekend with a bottle of Kendall Jackson cabernet, we'll practice for Feb 1.
    Guess Who! is right, I haven't set the example I should be setting. So I've reversed my decision to leave. I apologize for the impulsive Good Bye and for the drama. I apologize to those of you I let down. I was wrong. It takes more patience and love to stay, than it does to run away. Cowards run away. The wine had nothing to do with my decision. Honest.

with love to all, the old guy

joelstrouble is offline Silence! I'll kill you!
    Well I don't think there are anyone here that haven't done something simular to that in the heat of a moment... I sure have... MANY times!

I'm happy you are staying, George!

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joelstrouble View Post
    I'm happy you are staying, George!
    ME TOO!

lynn59 Guest
    Hi George. You and I have never corresponded, but I always read your posts with interest as they are always intelligent and insightful and your self-deprecating humor is always appreciated too. Glad you decided not to bail.

Inahnia Guest
    Well, add me to that list! I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Your posts are always very intelligent and well thought out.

Guess Who! Guest
    Awww heck.

I take back that part about you being a pud.

See you Saturday

PinkCat is offline Animals are people too!
    Welcome back, Geo.

BTW, the word "pud" makes me laugh, I love it.

Lesson learned: do not attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Greeneyedlily Guest
    I'm in full agreement! You are VERY needed here! You have personally, given me such great (and numerous!) advice! And I would have to stalk you if you left and make you my own Dr. Phil! Really, you are a gifted writer with a very compassionate heart and experience that is invaluable to people who come here for support! I'm glad you wised up b/c we love you George!
    Last edited by Greeneyedlily; 01-04-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typos! :-X

Diamonella Guest

Georgie Porgie, or Georgie Pudgie???

Good day!

Well, things must be looking up, George is back!!!

Well, thing is, I don't know what a 'pud' is ...remember, I am french canadian so I don't know all the words...and my Webster is saying that pud is pudding...so, not only do I not understand it, I do not 'get it' either...

Any help? Inquiring minds want to know!

So please, someone, anyone, enlighten me...

Guess Who! Guest
    In the UK a pud is called a John Thomas.

Guess Who!

Diamonella Guest

ahhhh....

Guess who...

Guess what?

Say no more, say no more, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...!

Now I get it!

And now for something completely different...

P.S. Thank you...!

~Guinavere~ Guest
    George...so glad to see your return. That must have been SOME wine you were drinking, mate!! LOL

And pud = John Thomas!! I do know what a John Thomas is and a Lady Jane too!! Ahhhh....D.H. Lawrence liked his play on words didn't he? LOL

scott2075 Guest
    I'm glad you are staying George and not leaving me behind.

adeladeb Guest

whoo hoo!

thanks George for reconsidering I always appreciate your posts!!!

now, pull yourself together and don't scare us like that again

best,
    -a

Geo55 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scott2075 View Post
    ...I'm glad you are staying George and not leaving me behind...
    I've always got my eye on you Ms Scott. I won't leave you behind.

Quote Originally Posted by adeladeb View Post
    ...now, pull yourself together and don't scare us like that again ...
    I'm sorry I temporarily let you down Adelade.

Life is all about attitude and perspective. I've come to realize that leaving Ageless Love when things aren't going my way is (1) a selfish act (2) a cowardly choice (3) a bad example. In the future I shall ignore any impulse to leave. I won't let you down again.

luv, the old guy