AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Tell us about your age gap

whiterose is offline Administrator

Tell us about your age gap

I know we've done this before countless times, but for the benefit of our new members, how about if everyone introduces themselves and tell us about your age gap relationship? If you aren't in an agr, then tell us what brought you here in the first place.

I'll go first. I came here 5 years ago after learning that a man who is 18 years younger was developing an interest in me. We became very involved, and even became engaged to be married. But, due to several factors, including the distance, and problems in his personal life, our relationship ended. We reconnected a few months ago and both realized that the spark is still there. But, we haven't quite decided whether we'll reconcile or not. He really needs to get his life in order first before he can fully commit to anyone. So, he's working on that and only time will tell what will happen.

Even though I rarely post details about our relationship (I'm just a very private person in that regard), ageless has been a tremendous resource to me in helping me deal with age gap related issues that have sprung up from time to time. I have enjoyed reading and learning about age gap relationships and all the dynamics involved.

Who's next?

belle1025 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
    I know we've done this before countless times, but for the benefit of our new members, how about if everyone introduces themselves and tell us about your age gap relationship? If you aren't in an agr, then tell us what brought you here in the first place.

I'll go first. I came here 5 years ago after learning that a man who is 18 years younger was developing an interest in me. We became very involved, and even became engaged to be married. But, due to several factors, including the distance, and problems in his personal life, our relationship ended. We reconnected a few months ago and both realized that the spark is still there. But, we haven't quite decided whether we'll reconcile or not. He really needs to get his life in order first before he can fully commit to anyone. So, he's working on that and only time will tell what will happen.

Even though I rarely post details about our relationship (I'm just a very private person in that regard), ageless has been a tremendous resource to me in helping me deal with age gap related issues that have sprung up from time to time. I have enjoyed reading and learning about age gap relationships and all the dynamics involved.

Who's next?
    Wow, I remember back when you use to post about your relationship with R.

I originally came here looking for support some years back (my username was bella belle)as I was involved in a LDR with a man 18 years older than me. Our relationship lasted over 2 years and then we broke up due to the distance that seperated us oddly enough after ending the distance in our relationship... we were found back in a LDR.

Post break-up with him, I wasn't even looking for a relationship when I met my now husband who is 15 years older than me. We met on a rooftop on July 4th and slowly realized we had feelings for one another. Once our friendship turned to more we dated seriously for 6 months. At one point he decided I was going to break his heart one day so he wanted to end things before that ever could happen. Although he would often say. "If you were older I'd marry you!". He broke up with me. I was a mess!

Ironically, he would call me every once in a while. About 1 month after breaking up, a few days before Thanksgiving, he called to see what plans I had. I was staying home all alone not even celebrating T Day. So he invited me over to his place for Thanksgiving although I'd be doing the cooking. Somehow, along the way, his family ended up coming over to celebrate the day with us. I worried about everything! I thought his family would think I was too young, his mom would hate me, the food would not be tasty enough, etc... I ended up burning my hand severely in all the stress.

Turned out everyone LOVED the food I prepared. His mom loved me immediately and so did the rest of his family! I ended up staying the night, the following day, two of his newphews, whom I met on T Day; where in a fatal accident. I ended up staying a few weeks to help him cope and to be with him and his family as they mourned. A few weeks before Christmas he asked me if I wanted to go to Vegas for NYE. I was reluctant as we had just broken up a few months before and I didnt want to attach myself emotionally if we were to remain friends. It was now Christmas and Im still staying over nightly!

We were celebrating Christmas together when he asked me to marry him. I was literally LOL as, again, we were not together anymore. Before I even answered his question I told him he needed time to think about us because if he had any doubts or questioned that I would one day leave him we should not spend any time together let alone get married.

We went to Vegas and after we returned, he asked me if I was ever going to answer his proposal. It took me from December 25, 2007 to December 27, 2008 to finally answer his proposal with a yes. I wanted more than anything, for him to be sure in his heart that I loved him and it wasnt just a phase that I was involved with him- 15 yrs older than me.

We grew a lot together during that year. He learned a lot about age less love. I later learned his parents were 26 years apart. His mom younger than his dad. To him it was hard, as he saw his dad going through a "phase" in his relationship with his mom. She was actually his mistress.

I couldnt be happier! We are newlyweds and 15 years apart!

coloradogrrrl Guest
    I joined this site 2 years ago, when dealing with the breakup of an AGR. He was 20 years younger than myself. 2 months ago I got back together with an ex, 22 years younger than myself, but unfortunately he's been diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma. He's going into hospice in September for pallative care, and I will support him any way I can, until the end.

This is a wonderful site, so many wise people, with so much insight to share....

Zapped1x Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradogrrrl View Post
    I joined this site 2 years ago, when dealing with the breakup of an AGR. He was 20 years younger than myself. 2 months ago I got back together with an ex, 22 years younger than myself, but unfortunately he's been diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma. He's going into hospice in September for pallative care, and I will support him any way I can, until the end.

This is a wonderful site, so many wise people, with so much insight to share....

Oh Coloradogirl: I am so sorry about your YM....if you have told us before and I missed it...I am also sorry for not posting before this...my most heartfelt thoughts go out to you and him and all that love you both.

It truly goes to show, not one of us knows how long we have on this plane and we need to love and live like we are dying...because we are! I too just got back together with a man 18 years younger....and we are trying a LDR and just seeing how it goes...only time will tell...

Blesssings, Jann

coloradogrrrl Guest
    Thankyou it is much appreciated

mplskan Guest
    I'm not in an age gap relationship, but came here looking for advice because I fell for someone who I believe is 20 years older than myself. I am still uncertain how old he is, but it doesn't matter, since he's recently told me that he doesn't want to be in a relationship until he can get some things straightened out in his personal life.

-mplskan

jmansgurl Guest

Wink if you're going swimming might as well dive right in

Ok i've read posts over and over again i guess its time for me to make my own. I've been seriously dating my boyfriend now for almost a year. He's 28 years older than me. Its the first relationship i've ever been in thats actually had some substance. We started off as friends and it just became a relationship. Neither of us ever thought 11 months ago that we would be living together and happier than anything. He has a daughter who lives with us who is only a few years younger than me (thank god he didnt have kids younger ). We get along fine, I was never this good with any of my dads girlfriends. Yes we have our issues but there are issues in all relationships and you always have to work on them. Working on them only makes your relationship stronger.

There is alot of very good advice on this site and its helped alot in just knowing that there are other people who have the same isssues.

I've met even his extended familly and nobody has said anything rude and everyone has just taken me for who I am and welcomed me with open arms. Thats one of the major things that has helped us alot. If you treat your relationship like its "normal" and everybody does it, then others will look at you and realize the same thing.

any feedback?

remember... those who mind, dont matter. and those who matter, dont mind.
    Seb Tombs likes this.

demonswantme Guest
    jmansgurl, same age gap!
    I'm still new here and recently posted about mine...I'm in a 28 year age gap relationship that is also pretty new. We met playing World of Warcraft. I actually almost started dating his brother...but that just didn't work out (never got past the online flirting stage). I talked more and more to M, and I ended up taking a trip up there to met him....and wow. I've already made a second trip and he'll be coming down here sometimes in sept (we hope!). We've been together about three months now. Don't have the advice or anthing anyone else has here...but I'm doing my best.

Wow, my story is so epicly boring. hehe.
    BeachHut likes this.

myoulove Guest

Just an introduction...

I'm 18 and I have a 17 year age gap. Just looking at the numbers sometimes throws me through a loop, but I remember it's just a number. I've got the best man there is all to myself... and it's going to be ten months soon. That's so long for me. God, I really must like the guy, huh?

RnKyh Guest
    It's been awhile since I have been here!..... My story.....

We met 8 years ago at work, he is 18 yrs older than me........... I didn't like him at all! I thought he was the most arrogant man that I had ever met.....avoided him at all costs..........fast forward to 3 yrs ago........... still worked at same place, just different area............. he walked in one day, and I went the other way.......... he eventually started making small talk, and we got to know each other as colleagues......... my oldest son was having some health problems and I asked him about it from time to time.......... he started emailing me and would show up in the unit I was working in........ one day he asked me to go for a cup of coffee............ and the rest is history.....

We have been together for two years now........met his kids the first Thanksgiving together......... He surprised me with a trip to Italy in the summer of 07..........lol.......so...... who knows what will come in the future................

He makes comments from time to time about our future, but who knows. He is very well respected in his career, and travels a lot for it giving lectures and for meetings........I am in graduate school............ he has a son in college and his daughter just got married about 3 wks ago, my youngest is a senior in high school this year....my oldest is about to ask his girlfriend to marry him......... lots of things to keep us busy....... but it is absolutely wonderful!

coloradogrrrl Guest
    My update:
    I have recently reconciled with the man that brought me to Ageless a few years back (20 years younger than me) and we are stronger and better than ever.

Kilbey Guest
    I was in an age gap relationship a couple of years ago. The girl was 24 years my junior. I was 42 at the time, she was 18.

I was crazy about the girl, but it didn't take me long to figure out that I was being used. After a year and a half of lies and deceit, she finally stole some items from me to sell on ebay. It was painful, but I had to ask her to leave and get her own place. She had the audacity to be bitter about the affair.

I would like to meet someone younger, but older than 18, maybe around 25-30. I don't really want a long distance relationship and I don't want to be used.

guessgirl Guest

Ok Here goes..

I met my YM/hubby when I was dating his boss!! I had been divorced from my ex for a year and was being completely the possessive man more my age. I worked next door to him and he would come next door and grab drrinks (restaraunt) all the time. But he always turned red and could never look me in the eye. When I spoke he would freeze up. Sooo cute. YM took it upon himself to finally warn me about the boss being quite the liar and dog. We started talking and I broke it off w/ boss. YM was just a cute young friend that I thanked for the headsup, but I completely wrote him off. HE WAS JUST TOO YOUNG!! Well, boss got all psycho and started stalking, calling all hours of the night, driving by..... YM started hanging at my home b/c I was scared. I lost weight(gained it back though) and passed out at work. The stress from boss was getting to me. YM came out and told me one night how he felt and he knew it was a long shot but he couldnt hide it anymore. I said no b/c I had a son only 2 1/2 years younger. He didnt care. He asked me to go w/ him one place b4 I made up my mind. He took me to his fathers home. I was surprised and mad. But they welcomed me b/c......His stepmom is 14 years older than his dad. They met later in life but still gave us their blessing even though he was 18 at the time. After that we went through alot of hell w/ the rest of our families. My son took it the hardest and soo I broke it off. My YM would not have it. Eventually my son came around when he realized YM makes me happy. YM joined the Army to be a man and asked me to marry him after BCT. We married when he came home from AIT and here we are in Germany. The hardest part is my son is finishing highschool at his home w/ my mom. He loves me and YM. I just cant wait for him to be here in summer. He will be 18 soon and constantly teases me about bringing home an older woman. It has been a hard road but we are all the better for it!!! Wow my fingers are tired!!!Yep.. I am long winded.

oldfella Guest
    I met my YW 3 years ago, she was a school-mate of my grandson. We get married last year and now we would like to have a children. She is much more mature then her age; the big age difference is not a problem for us: we stay together all the day, we travel a lot, she is never bored and we are very fond of each other; we are happy.
    clear2land and Seb Tombs like this.

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfella View Post
    I met my YW 3 years ago, she was a school-mate of my grandson. We get married last year and now we would like to have a children. She is much more mature then her age; the big age difference is not a problem for us: we stay together all the day, we travel a lot, she is never bored and we are very fond of each other; we are happy.
    Much luck to you and your wife Oldfella! My age gap is 30 yrs; I'm 29 and he's 59. We've been together 8.5yrs and though we were separated for a few months, we are committed to each other now more than ever.
    M&M and Seb Tombs like this.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast