AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone enjoy clothes shopping?

Azureth is offline Banned

Anyone enjoy clothes shopping?

So earlier today I went to Kohl's with my gf and she helped me pic out some clothes!

It went really well overall. I even got some really great deals such as a nice discount for signing up for a Kohl's card.

She did go with me to try on clothes to make sure they fit and looked good but no one was in them but us and the store was pretty empty.

When we got back to my place she got me dressed and took a few pics. I should note she wanted to add a tie and a belt but wasn't in clothing budget (also got two nice plain shirts, and shorts).

Anyway, without further adieu:

I, personally, think she did a great job within the budget (but everything was marked off good prices). I know some other editions would have completed it but hopefully I can update with pics of it

She is such an amazing lady!

Anywhoo, I found it rather fun. I haven't clothes shopped in years and many of my clothes had holes lol. The changing part kinda sucked (I don't know how you ladies handle it lol) but I enjoyed looking and, of course, spending time with her

So, anyone else like it? Funny thing is my friend spends a lot of time grooming himself and picking out nice stuff just like a girl lol.
    Air, mskitty, pinkunicorn and 1 others like this.

Air
    Air is offline Senior Member
    Azureth,
    don't know how to write this without you thinking I'm a strange figure, but I'm a female that never liked buying clothes or doing shopping. Most clothes I got from my older sister who got tired of hers, but she is a little taller than me so I often have to sew and fold in. Boy, would I like to have a partner that liked dressing me or at lest walk me through the stores to find some new clothes

Great that your gf had the energy and time to find some new clothes and as what I could see in the pictures you don't need a belt or tie, I think it still looks rather proper!
    SheLikesKitties likes this.
    Navigare necesse est!

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I hate shopping of any kind. Well, actually, that's not quite true. I love decorating so I like to shop for things for my house. But, I don't do much of that anymore because I
    own too much "stuff".

If I do shop, I buy things and take them home to try.

Now, on the other hand, my daughter and my son both love to shop. They sure didn't get it from me. lol!

Az, you and your GF did a great job. You look terrific!
    Air and Redhead like this.

gorillagirl Guest
    you are rockin' the pink. love that color on guys.
    i hate shopping for clothes but when i find something i like, i buy multiples.
    Air and MissMuffins like this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I love that color combination Azu, it's very elegant and at the same time bold.
    I personally do not like to buy clothes, or shoes. But I'm like GG, if I like something and it fits good, I try to buy the same thing in several colors... specially shoes.
    Which brings a different set of problems, one day I went to work wearing a brown shoe and a blue shoe, because the shoes were the same, just different colors and I dressed in the dark that day.
    MissMuffins and gorillagirl like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    To me, online shopping is a wonderful thing for people who don't like to shop. My son gave me a gift card this past Christmas and I bought things online. Of course, I wasn't
    sure if they'd fit but I got lucky and they did. For my birthday, he and my future-daughter-in-law gave me a big screen TV. I had to buy new furniture for it (I had an old
    entertainment center) so I shopped online. I got a console and shelving units on Target.com that I love (they were on sale)....and shipping was free!

The last few Christmases I've shopped online. I've bought jewelry, perfume and accessories for my daughter. It's so much better than fighting crowds and grumpy people.
    mskitty likes this.

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    I love to go "shopping" without any money or credit cards, nor any intention of purchasing anything. I go to the high-end stores (Barney's, Saks, Bloomies) on weekday mornings when it's quiet, and I try on clothes just for the fun of it, purposefully choosing styles and colors way outside of my usual comfort zone. Sometimes it's quite a surprise to find an attractive new look that I never would have thought I could wear. I've found some great looks that way, without any damage to my bank account, and then I can go search for similar things at the reasonably priced stores.
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Az, you look FAB!

Not only a very classic, very male take on some of the hottest trends--brown & pink and brown & turquoise happen to be two of my faves--but the hottest accessory of all...a fantastic smile.

I'm so-so about shopping.

I prefer the choice of sizes and styles available online, but usually only use an online retailer after I've had the opportunity to try things on in a storefront.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    I love that color combination Azu, it's very elegant and at the same time bold.
    I personally do not like to buy clothes, or shoes. But I'm like GG, if I like something and it fits good, I try to buy the same thing in several colors... specially shoes.
    Which brings a different set of problems, one day I went to work wearing a brown shoe and a blue shoe, because the shoes were the same, just different colors and I dressed in the dark that day.
    gg & SLK, I shop the same way--if I find something I like, I get it in different colors.

I haven't mis-matched my shoes, but it's happened to a friend who also shops like we do. She went to work with one brown & one black boot, and noticed it about 6 hours before her coworkers did. She's one of those people who's fazed by nothing, and played it off really well.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member
    I like shopping, but not really for clothes. I do, but I never see anything I like in my size, so it gets aggravating after awhile. Doesn't help that my clothes budget is limited to like, Wal-Mart prices. What saves me is for Christmas every year my parents let me pick out a certain dollar amount worth of clothes online. Get me a few pairs of jeans and I'm set for the year. I did like to shop at Fashion Bug, Like literally every shirt I have was from there, but now they're closed so I'm sad, it's been tough finding shirts I like. Doesn't help that I'm picky as all get out. Shoes is the same way, I wear size 11, and it is terrible trying to find shoes above size 9 around here unless you go to Payless, and then there's only like 8 styles to choose from, mostly either flat dress shoes or sneakers. Neither of which I wear... grrr.
    Send me into most any other kind of store and I'll shop all day though, especially a bookstore.....

trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    I my self I do not mind going clothes shopping I like shopping at Sears .
    In fact I Any store that has a good tool department. and in the clothes department They better have Blue jeans. and socks and underwear.
    Now for Formal wear I Get a lot of my clothes from a company called Wearguard Whey main produces are work clothes and uniforms.
    I get my shirts with my company Logo above the pocket. and for every day wear I but my shirts and jackets at the yearly monster Model Railroad show
    In Springfield MA in January this shirts and jackets all have to logos and silk screen of Railroad Subjects. also I have a collection of NRA clothes.
    I was going to go off on a rant about the Second Amendment but I will not. All I will say my favorite NRA tee Shirt says the Second Amendment is just 26 words and they are worth fighting for. and the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. In also buy clothes at the the NRA annual meeting.
    The worlds larget family reunion 83000 strong this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaAlice View Post
    I like shopping, but not really for clothes. I do, but I never see anything I like in my size, so it gets aggravating after awhile. Doesn't help that my clothes budget is limited to like, Wal-Mart prices. What saves me is for Christmas every year my parents let me pick out a certain dollar amount worth of clothes online. Get me a few pairs of jeans and I'm set for the year. I did like to shop at Fashion Bug, Like literally every shirt I have was from there, but now they're closed so I'm sad, it's been tough finding shirts I like. Doesn't help that I'm picky as all get out. Shoes is the same way, I wear size 11, and it is terrible trying to find shoes above size 9 around here unless you go to Payless, and then there's only like 8 styles to choose from, mostly either flat dress shoes or sneakers. Neither of which I wear... grrr.
    Send me into most any other kind of store and I'll shop all day though, especially a bookstore.....
    If you liked Fashion Bug, try:
    Roaman's
    Woman Within
    Just My Size

I liked Fashion Bug, too.

MM
    AmandaAlice likes this.

Azureth is offline Banned
    Thanks for all the compliments! My gf really knows what she's doing!

BTW, degausser and TOP strike me as the type who love to clothes shop and certainly would not turn down a chance at a shopping spree lol. Though neither would my gf lol.

Anyone here shopped at Sak's Fifth Avenue?

soul is offline Senior Member
    Check you out lookin' all posh. Looking very dapper Azureth, I like the shirt.

Generally I don't like shopping and prefer to shop online, I particualry hate supermarkets and as others have said, if I find something I really like I'll buy it multiples. I do like shopping for Antiques though, then I'm like a pig in poo

gorillagirl Guest
    i've window shopped in Saks 5th, Nordstroms, etc.. just to gawk at the rich shoppers but i would never buy there, even if I had the money. To me, that "clothes make the man" idea is utter nonsense. i mean, a $35.00 shirt from Sears, JCP, Macy's, Kohl's is fine. Nobody needs a $375.00 shirt from Saks. Saks is for people who have too much money. I will easily pay $120.00 for a pair of decent vegan shoes though. My (deceased) roommate was a purse collector. The woman had hand bags that cost more than her monthly rent. I use backpacks. $35.00 and they last a lifetime (Jansport will replace them with a lifetime guarantee) and they are better for your back because weight is distributed evenly and not just on one arm/shoulder. When it comes to shopping, I'm not cheap. I'm just practical. I only buy what is going to hold up a long time. Right now, since I work in a spa, I only need yoga clothes for work. I wear flip flops or go barefoot on the job. My last "work clothes" purchase was 4 pairs of yoga pants (black) and 8 pair of yoga shirts, a bathing suit cover up, and 2 pairs of shorts.
    Last edited by gorillagirl; 08-18-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast