AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By trolleycar
  • 5 Post By MissMuffins
  • 3 Post By Azureth
  • 1 Post By Azureth
  • 1 Post By Redhead

Thread: Girlfriend accidentally cut herself at work :(

Azureth is offline Banned

Girlfriend accidentally cut herself at work :(

So my gf just called to inform me 30 minutes ago that she was opening a box (she works in a warehouse) with a box cutter and she just happened to slice herself. It bled a fair bit and she got neospirin and gauze and bandaged it up. I told her she should still see it checked out by a doc but she says she can't afford a dr. visit.

She is getting off now and coming over in a few hours. Time to be mr. sympathize man lol. Not that I complain, I love consoling her

trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    Hi Azureth
    If she goy cut at work The cost Of the doctor visit should be covered my the company's Workmanscomp. I remember when I got my hand stuck in a printing press and this was many years ago the company's workmanscomp tuck care the whole cost of the ER and the Works.. I wonder if she reported it to the company. A lot of folks will not report some thing like that. because they are afraid that if they report an accident they may get fired. I did not have to report mine just me screaming had there come to see what all the noise was. But I would have her have looked at.
    Wharehouses are not the most clean places.
    degausser and Redhead like this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Even tho' it'll probably turn out to be more of a PITA than it's worth, she needs to report it to her supervisor and go through the process to get it checked out by a Dr through workman's comp. If nothing else, warehouses are filthy and she doesn't want the cut to get infected. Worst case, sounds like she may need a couple of stitches and a booster on her tetanus shot.

A lot of people don't know they're supposed to report minor injuries, too. Where I work, you're more likely to get fired for not reporting a work-related minor injury than for getting hurt on the job.

Some people won't report an injury because they're afraid of the random or mandatory drug test that goes with an injury report. If you tell them what supplements, natural remedies, OTC and prescription meds you're on, there generally isn't anything to worry about. I got selected for random UA a week after I received a Rx for hydrocodone, which I took during sick leave. After I returned to work, I took it when I got home and was done driving for the day. Because I drive company vehicles, I take the added precaution of advising my supervisor and HR if I've been prescribed anything like that. For as long as I have to take the medication, I either arrange my schedule to work in office or catch a ride with a coworker for in-home visits.

I was a little nervous about the UA, and everything turned out fine. Even if the hydro had turned up in the UA, they couldn't have dinged me--I had a prescription, my employer was aware of it and I'd disclosed it to the testing site.

It pays to be transparent and conscientious.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Thanks, I told her that and she agreed. She was reluctant, but she is stubborn lol. She was crying but I just held her and we talked. Love making my girl feel better!

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I remember when I walked into a glass door at work and banged my teeth. My boss said their dental plan was not providing sugar with the coffee. LOL!

Seriously, though, she should get it checked. A round of stitches can do wonders.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I only discovered this posting today since I am reading less during my vacation. How is your gf doing now?
    In German we also have a procedure that we have to report a work-related accident.
    In Germany the Employer:s liability Insurance Association has to pay for the medical treatment. And the Association has a better medical insurance, so you usually get better treatment than when you hurt yourself at home.
    We also have to fill out a form at work explaining in detail how this happened, and the boss also has to contribute to filling out the form and has to state what will be done to ensure that such an accident will not happen again. Of course their are situations when you cannot do anything - for example when I got stung by a bee that was sitting on the rear side of the window handle (which I touched when trying to close the window.

Thanks she's doing great. She really didn't want to go through all that but I convinced her it was for the best. My gf is awesome but she is a little clumsy.
    young_lover21 likes this.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Good to hear that she is doing great and that you are her knight in the shining armor.
    Azureth likes this.