AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By MissMuffins
  • 5 Post By mskitty
  • 2 Post By MissMuffins
  • 4 Post By thatoneperson
  • 1 Post By Michelle
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins

Thread: Unfriending all ****-stirring *******

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member

Unfriending all ****-stirring *******

So, the grumpy guy (aka Lovey) wanted to put photos of his "Trees of Life" on FB. I was supposed to show him when I got home from work yesterday and I forgot.

It amazes me how someone who can figure out how to get to online dating sites and put his photo there can't upload photos to FB, but I chose to not go down that road. (I told a friend of mine whose job is to teach seniors how to use the Medicare portal that if they'd make the training full of titties and snatches, the old geezers would have it figured out in minutes.)

About half an hour ago, I typed in the FB URL on the browser window that wasn't "incognito" with the intent to go to my own site and see what's up w/everyone, and it opened already logged in to his FB. I let him know, and offered to show him how to upload photos. We did; as soon as the upload finished, his sister messaged him. I let him know and he asked me to read it to him.

He doesn't use the IM on FB often; when I clicked on the alert, one of the messages it brought up is from May. In it, she says, "Looks like you forgot to tell your girlfriend that you didn't want anything on FB...now everything you didn't want on here, is on here."

Helpful background information: When I first posted information about his diagnosis on FB, this sister took it upon herself to let me have it for posting info about his health on FB. I told her then that I did not post anything about his condition until he said it was okay. I figured at the time that she was doing a little pot-stirring; to put a stop to it before she got it started, I let her know that he can see everything I post and vice-a-verse-a. (The message between the lines being: If she thought she was going to try to tattle on me, she wouldn't be telling him anything he didn't already know.)

Why do people do things like that? I freakin' TOLD her he was okay with it, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

I told him that even though it was months ago, I don't appreciate the pot-stirring.

I asked him if he straightened her out (in May); he says he did.

Their father had 3 children by 3 different wives. He isn't close to either of his sisters; before his diagnosis, hadn't spoken to this one in at least as long as I've known him, and hadn't spoken to the other in at least 12 years. For someone he chose to NOT have in his life to presume, just because they were sired by the same man, she has any right to mess with his relationships with someone he DOES choose to have in his life, just irks me to no end!

This is the same sister that decided she needed to put him in touch with their other sister, that he hadn't spoken to (by choice) in something like 12 years.

I fukkin KNEW that's what she was up to, the old cat. Part of why they're not close is because he knows she's a shyt-stirrer; she made his life MISERABLE for several years after their dad died, bytching about the estate.

He doesn't need to know that I just un-friended her from FB. It would hurt his feelings a little, and there's no need for that.

It's my FB acct; his sister can find her fun elsewhere. People who play Jr Hi games like that don't get to have the access to the details of my life that I afford to my friends and social acquaintances through FB.

MM
    Last edited by MissMuffins; 10-20-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    mskitty and Michelle like this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

mskitty is offline Member
    "It amazes me how someone who can figure out how to get to online dating sites and put his photo there can't upload photos to FB, but I chose to not go down that road. (I told a friend of mine whose job is to teach seniors how to use the Medicare portal that if they'd make the training full of titties and snatches, the old geezers would have it figured out in minutes.) "

oMG..that is so funny...

Quote Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
    "It amazes me how someone who can figure out how to get to online dating sites and put his photo there can't upload photos to FB, but I chose to not go down that road. (I told a friend of mine whose job is to teach seniors how to use the Medicare portal that if they'd make the training full of titties and snatches, the old geezers would have it figured out in minutes.) "

oMG..that is so funny...
    We laughed so hard we cried.

We're pretty sure it would be effective, and we're equally sure the feds won't fund the revised training materials.
    mskitty and Michelle like this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    I'm convinced that when people are like that, it's because they either 1. don't have the resources or 2. aren't (mentally or physically) capable of actually doing interesting things in their lives. They get bored and cause trouble. That's what caused 1/3 of my mother's family to disown me. Yeah, it hurt my feelings, but if you want to believe that I think I'm better than you because I dared to educate myself, that's your own problem.

It helps to pity them rather than be angry at them, at least for me. What sad, dull lives they must have.

Michelle is offline Member
    I have zero family on my FB! The part I dislike is not sharing with the couple of cousins and their spouses who are honestly friendly but innocently give the Drama Creators information.
    MissMuffins likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I have zero family on my FB! The part I dislike is not sharing with the couple of cousins and their spouses who are honestly friendly but innocently give the Drama Creators information.
    I don't have zero family, but I also don't "friend" the known Drama Creators (love that!).

It came out in conversation a couple of weeks ago that I'd un-friended Lovey's sister. I could tell it kind of hurt his feelings, but he also gets it. He knows I don't have a lot of patience for that sort of thing.

I don't have any patience for people who try to create problems between couples. I think he interprets that as me being jealous, and that's not it. I'd have to think on it a while to explain it...for now, I'd have to say it's just one of those "totally out of line" behaviors. It's on par with, and in a way even worse than, making a play for a married man. I don't understand why it's not a no-brainer to everyone.

MM
    SheLikesKitties likes this.