AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins
  • 1 Post By dragonflysky

Thread: Can divorced men in their 40's be shy?!

MissyM Guest

Can divorced men in their 40's be shy?!

A man I like at work has gone from chatting to me to suddenly smiling and putting his head down when he walks passed. He acts nervous but still very friendly. I know I haven't done anything and some have said he must be shy around me but I don't see how a man that age can be is this possible?!

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    A man I like at work has gone from chatting to me to suddenly smiling and putting his head down when he walks passed. He acts nervous but still very friendly. I know I haven't done anything and some have said he must be shy around me but I don't see how a man that age can be is this possible?!
    Oh heck yes. My SO is shy, and he's 64. The more they like you, the worse it gets (for them). If he's shy, he very likely will not make the first move. Do you know him well enough to have any knowledge of his hobbies, interests, etc.? Even if no romance develops, you'll probably have a friend for life if you take the time to draw him out of his shell a little.

MM
    theREALTrish likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

MissyM Guest

Unhappy

I've only chatted to him a few times and he's still very smiley with me he just looks down but still smiling. He's only done that once maybe I need to see if he does it again. I've only worked there a few months and know there's nothing I've done wrong , I did ask a friend who hears of work things going on with him and he is apparently really stressed about something to do with a team member but she couldn't say anymore. Plus his mums apparently not well. I won't push it I'll just carry on being friendly but won't pursue chats till I get something back. Its so upsetting because I hardly ever meet a man I'm do attracted to who's personal it is so nice too everyone says it about him. My heart really wants him! :

Air
    Air is offline Senior Member
    Hi MissyM,
    I don't know much about men and shyness, but I do know that if my ex. hadn't initiated us dating we probably hadn't been together. In those days I were so shy so I hardly could look at a man without blushing - luckily I have become better these days and I'm able to speak to a man without become too withdrawn.

My advice is that you keep on showing him your interest. Today women are allowed to take initiative but I do think it could be a problem though you are at the same workplace so if you have any opportunity to see him outside - for instance at a cafe - that would be preferable. And if he has some feelings for you, most will work out if you just give it time
    Navigare necesse est!

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyM View Post
    I've only chatted to him a few times and he's still very smiley with me he just looks down but still smiling. He's only done that once maybe I need to see if he does it again. I've only worked there a few months and know there's nothing I've done wrong , I did ask a friend who hears of work things going on with him and he is apparently really stressed about something to do with a team member but she couldn't say anymore. Plus his mums apparently not well. I won't push it I'll just carry on being friendly but won't pursue chats till I get something back. Its so upsetting because I hardly ever meet a man I'm do attracted to who's personal it is so nice too everyone says it about him. My heart really wants him! :
    Tell him someone mentioned his mum isn't well, and let him know your thoughts are with him.

MM
    Mebel likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

dragonflysky is offline Member
    Yes, it's entirely possible for someone who's divorced and in their 40s to be shy! Some people are shy by nature...more introverted. Their prior spouse may have been their one and only...or one of very few...ventures into dating, prior to marrying. Who knows...it may be that when he noticed you were showing some interest in him....might actually be interested in him.... that he doesn't want to get his hopes up..or be mistaken. So...some shyness and withdrawal start showing up in a protective sort of way???
    pinkunicorn likes this.