AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Slow Worm
  • 1 Post By Slow Worm
  • 2 Post By MissMuffins
  • 1 Post By Mebel
  • 2 Post By Harp girl

Thread: Incidental mentions of AGR's in news items

Slow Worm is online now Senior Member

Incidental mentions of AGR's in news items

I've often noticed references to AG couples showing up incidently in news reports on unrelated subjects but never remembered to post them here until this one:
    this article about the Thames flooding (just four miles upriver from us!) features an OW/YM 21yr AG couple.

BBC News - Flood diehards: Riverside residents refusing to budge

SW
    Mebel and pinkunicorn like this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Worm View Post
    I've often noticed references to AG couples showing up incidently in news reports on unrelated subjects but never remembered to post them here until this one:
    this article about the Thames flooding (just four miles upriver from us!) features an OW/YM 21yr AG couple.

BBC News - Flood diehards: Riverside residents refusing to budge

SW
    Actually, it's an OM/YW.....according to the article, she's 60 and he's 81. Although, as a woman who is also 60, I'd hardly consider her a YW.

Slow Worm is online now Senior Member
    Ooops - a typing error, probably as I'm more used to OW/YM posts.......

Perhaps not young but with a 21yr AG certainly younger.

SW
    Mebel likes this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    We age-gappers are much less avant garde than we'd like to believe, aren't we?

As AGRs have been around for ages, I often wonder at society's ongoing fascination with us. Surely there's something more interesting? Apparently there isn't, as I still field questions--about once a week--as to whether or not we have sex.

I told one person no; "it" falls off when you turn 55, and I met him when he was 59.

MM
    Mebel and pinkunicorn like this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Always thought that OW( btw=me), stands for older woman, not old woman! So YM/YW just stands for younger in relation to me too.
    Angel likes this.

Harp girl is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuffins View Post
    As AGRs have been around for ages, I often wonder at society's ongoing fascination with us. Surely there's something more interesting? Apparently there isn't, as I still field questions--about once a week--as to whether or not we have sex.

MM
    A part of me wants to say, 'you're kidding right'? People ask about your sex life?

But they probably do. *sigh*

You're polite. I'd probably ask them a detailed question about theirs in return.

---
    Nice story! Thanks for the link.
    fiorinda and pinkunicorn like this.

RadoG60 is offline Senior Member
    Though this one isn't a happy story, here is another artical mentioning an age gap relationship.
    My OM grew up with the victim and his family, while he did have his issues, he was a kind person.

25 years apart

Vt. woman pleads not guilty in boyfriend's stabbing death - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-
    Last edited by RadoG60; 02-19-2014 at 03:56 PM.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    The article also mentions they've been together 31 years; so he was 50 and she was 29 when they started out.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."