AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree24Likes
  • 7 Post By TheRomantic
  • 1 Post By Mebel
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 2 Post By kvw1988
  • 1 Post By gorillagirl
  • 3 Post By TheRomantic
  • 2 Post By pinkunicorn
  • 1 Post By TheRomantic
  • 2 Post By NY10
  • 4 Post By TheRomantic

Thread: Life Is Good

TheRomantic is offline Senior Member

Life Is Good

Well,

Here is my happy thoughts thread about things in my life that make me feel good.
    The goal: This thread will serve the purpose to remind me that there is a life outside of J, and that it is a good life. Hopefully it will also remind me that there are lots of things in my life to be grateful for, and hopefully this thread will also motivate me to work on making my life even better than it already is. I'll try out some new things, new experiences, and write in here about some of them. :-)

Today is DAY 13 of NC.

Lots of nice things happened today. I had lunch with four of my girlfriends - we had Persian food night. Z (one of my girlfriends) made Persian food and had us all over. It was so tasty, and lovely company. We were together for about four hours and had a really lovely girls day in (instead of girls night out, heh). Afterwards, I walked one of my girlfriends home (because I parked my car at her condo), who is also having some tough times in her romantic life. I told everyone that I am going to have a house-warming get-together once I have settled in a bit, so that's something to look forward to. Also, my new place is a 10 minute walk from this girlfriend whose apartment we were at, and a 5 minute walk from the girlfriend I walked home. So, I won't feel lonely. PLUS, I am literally smack in the middle of the city, so it'll be nice to see life around me happening and the energy just bursting. I never thought I would be the person who would enjoy living in a condo-building, on the 15th floor, but somehow at the moment (not for long-term), I want JUST that. It's liberating. It's freeing to have one wall all window, and see all those lights, and energy around. I am looking forward to it.
    Then, I picked up my good friend and he drove back with me to ****. He is staying with me and my parents here until Friday (he works here in **** three days a week). He is like my brother, and his presence always calm me. Plus, we can also be very productive together working side by side.

Four more days until I move in. Yay!

Well, So much for now about the good stuff. I'll write again.
    Last edited by TheRomantic; 02-19-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Seven smiling faces Yeah!
    TheRomantic likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    You will love condo living. I find there are more opportunities to meet people and make friends in a condo, where you will meet people in the elevators, and common areas. Also living on a high floor is restful at the end of a long day. Persian food sounds delicious.
    TheRomantic likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

kvw1988 is offline Neophyte
    I'm so jealous of your window wall lol
    pinkunicorn and TheRomantic like this.

gorillagirl Guest
    beautiful. xo
    TheRomantic likes this.

DAY 16 of NC.

Thanks for all the support through this.

I posted a little in my other thread (in the relationship section) about the good stuff happening in my life, but it is all entangled together with my feelings about J. So, now I'll post (sorry if there is overlap with the other thread) about the good stuff without including J at all or my feelings about him or what certain places brought up as far as my memories with him, etc.

So, I am moving tomorrow and am SUPER excited. I may shift the moving day to Sunday, as I might spend Saturday here with my parents, but we will see. :-)

I just came back from buying some new bedding for myself. Bought a reaaaaaaaaally nice duvet cover, pillow cases, sheet sets, etc. Also bought some stuff for the kitchen. Am *super* excited. It'll be really nice to decorate the new space and fill it with all those little touches and details that are an expression of who I am. I am very excited about the new space and it couldn't have come at a better time. Funny how the universe works that way.

Yesterday was a really packed day that made me feel good and reminded me of how many people there are in my life who I consider really important to me, and who I care about. I woke up early, so that I could drive to the airport to pick up my friend from Peru. Being at the airport made me also feel the buzz and energy of things moving and changing, and it made me want to travel. I know I need to stay put now (for the most part), but I will see if I can afford a trip some place for a few days somewhere around my birthday as a treat for myself. Not sure if that will pan out because of obligations, but I can try and see what I can squeeze in, if anything. Once my friend walked through the door, I was REALLY happy to see her and we had a lovely day catching up. We spent the whole day together pretty much (on and off as I had other places to be) and caught up on our lives. She lives in Toronto, but has been away for two months.

I had a really good meeting talking about the progress of the film, etc.

Then I met with F again (my friend from Peru), and we went to her place to have dinner. She lives in a condo on the 35th floor, RIGHT ON the lake, so her view is breathtaking. It's like waking up in a cloud with all the water around. She goes back to Peru on June 29 (for good this time), and her lease runs out July 1, so I may take her place after she leaves. I called her landlord, and as he knows me from before (I stayed at F's place for almost two months before, when she had gone to Peru a little over a year ago), he said to let him know sometime in May, and we can work something out even month by month, if not a one year lease. I was happy about that. It may not happen as I may change direction, but it is great as an option. Her view is REALLY amazing. So, we had soup and watched the crazy storm happening outside.

After the storm calmed down, I met up with the guy who is buying my camera backpack. Like I said in the other post, he turned out to be very cute and nice, and this made me remember that there are other men out there.

At about 7:30, I started driving towards **** and it took forever through the storm. I met with S (my friend who works in *** every Wed-Fri and stays over at my parents' place) and we went to grab some food and talk about our demanding and exhausting, but ultimately rewarding, day. I went to sleep relatively at peace, knowing that my life is very rich as it is and it made me feel very grateful and blessed to be in this position that I am in.
    Last edited by TheRomantic; 02-21-2014 at 02:17 PM.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    TR, it sounds like you live in a beautiful place! I wanna come visit!
    TheRomantic and theREALTrish like this.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

You're most welcome to come, pinkunicorn.
    pinkunicorn likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    What a wonderful time, a friend, decorating! You must send us a picture of your place when you are done.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    The place sounds amazing, I'd love to see pics of it once it's all done. Hanging with friends is always good medicine. Enjoy your decorating fun (I love it) and being with your friends. Keep busy and stay focused.
    Mebel and TheRomantic like this.

DAY 26 of NC with J.

I had a wonderful weekend with S. Well, Sunday, heh, because I spent most of my Saturday editing. I actually edited until 6a.m. (yikes!) but felt great and accomplished afterwards. That also made me feel like I can fully enjoy Sunday and reward myself. Around noon, S, my friend, came to pick me up and we headed on a little road trip. I always have the best time with him and am so lucky and fortunate he is in my life. We spent the day stopping at little places on the road, went for dinner, bought snacks, and watched the Oscars from a jacuzzi! :-) We rented a hotel room with a hot tub, and had tasty snacks, sweets and drinks. It was great.