AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: So nobody is watching the World Cup?

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

So nobody is watching the World Cup?

The rest of the world is on fire and not a peep here in Ageless.

USA is not doing, that bad, by the way.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member
    Nope, not me. I'm not into any sort of sports at all

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    Meh.

I only like baseball.
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not big on soccer (football for those not in the US) I am a huge sports fan but never got into soccer. I will admit though, there are some nightly fine men who play...I only wish I could stand to watch it but don't mind seeing them lol

I am not into sports, but the World Cup is different because it is like the Olympics, or greater than the Olympics, maybe not in the US, but everywhere else there is a lot of excitement, it's an event that both unites and galvanizes people. I do not even watch it, no need to, I know when there is a goal because I can actually HEAR the whole city yelling GOOOOOOL!!! And then cars go into the street with the flag of the winning team.

The world cup is like one huge worldwide party.

Some people even risk their lives to watch it, if you can believe it.
    ukfireball likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Bella_Grl is offline Neophyte
    I absolutely love soccer! I'm cheering for the Netherlands - I love this team, they are amazing and if they win the WC, this will be one of the best days of the year for me.
    SheLikesKitties and Mebel like this.

A lot of Panamanians like Netherlands. My Administrative Assistant has a Netherlands flag on her desk! I am rooting for the USA and Costa Rica, I am not sure, which one I would rather win. Costa Rica is our neighboors, but USA is my husband. Tough call.
    Mebel likes this.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Actually, everyone in my office was, until the US got eliminated. It was on in the lunchroom every day.

I've never seen this much craze over soccer.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    I have no interest in sports at all. I didn't watch any of the Olympics or the Paralympics, I hate football particularly and am not remotely interested in the World Cup. Nor am I watching Wimbledon, and have no interest in Le Tour (which passes through my city on Sunday and will probably hinder me getting to the birthday picnic I'm going to!).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I think the interest in soccer is growing, greatly, here in the US. It probably will never replace baseball and football, as a spectator sport, but I know many young people who love it, and it's a popular sport for kids to participate in. My niece, who's now 27, played soccer the whole time she was growing up.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    I think the interest in soccer is growing, greatly, here in the US. It probably will never replace baseball and football, as a spectator sport, but I know many young people who love it, and it's a popular sport for kids to participate in. My niece, who's now 27, played soccer the whole time she was growing up.
    Exactly. The media also plays an important role in creating a frenzy for sports. See how ultimate fighting replaced boxing.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    The rest of the world is on fire and not a peep here in Ageless.

USA is not doing, that bad, by the way.
    ohhh yes!!!,
    WE ARE STILL ONFIRE! I have seen all the matches sofar, and now it is the day after..I just woke up with some coffee! What an breathtaking game yesterday evening for us all! Saw the game with Kevin and whooh!!did we celebrate!
    Btw I had Arjen Robben in my schoolclass one semester, in his earlier days on highschool ,I gave drawinglessons.Talented for sure but so glad that he choosed to use his legs instead!
    MissMuffins likes this.

Sad to confess I was rooting for our neighboors. But honestly, Netherlands was the better team.
    Mebel likes this.

gorillagirl Guest
    no interest whatsoever
    fiorinda likes this.

This statue has been the center of much editing and photoshopping, with people adding flags and comments. This one is one of many, kinda sad for those of us who were rooting for Brazil.
    ukfireball and Mebel like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast