AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SummerBob
  • 1 Post By SummerBob

Thread: Intereting article from an old scrapbook

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator

Intereting article from an old scrapbook

I was cleaning my garage and ran across an old scrapbook with stories I saved years ago. I thought this might be an interesting conversation piece here, from the Feb 19, 1985 issue of Globe Magazine's "Dear Sarah" column.

Some things haven't changed in 30 years.

Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I was able to read the article by zooming.

Interesting, my best friend, who will be 61 in a couple months has given up on the hope of getting a partner... But you hear about women in their 60s and 70s who do find a partner and get married.

So what do you think?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

I think it's great whenever anyone finds happiness. The worst thing anyone can do is give up on life and love.
    fiorinda likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

I think what fascinates me the most about this story is not the headline or the feature story, but the two responses that follow it. "Very Happy in Kansas" is particularly inspiring. "Boiling mad in Maine" seems to have a bit of a chip on her shoulder, but her sentiments are understandable and often overlooked. We hear all the time about people attracted to youth and "good looks", but we forget that some people are ALSO attracted to older people, even much older in some cases.

I also find it interesting that, through my experience here at Ageless, I've sometimes heard the opinion that we've moved forward in our acceptance as a society, that people today are more enlightened, that "back in the 1980s" people were far more narrow minded and unaccepting of age gaps. I think the two stories in this article suggest otherwise. Or do they?

When you get right down to it, times change but people don't.
    ukfireball likes this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerBob View Post
    When you get right down to it, times change but people don't.
    This, right here.

Amen!
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson