AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SummerBob
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties

Thread: Whats good to say

marklogan51 is offline Member

Whats good to say

Since the site has been so quite by younger women, This question is for both men and women. What is good about this relationship you are in? Do you have any advise for others?

Mark

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I used to think of a list of reasons why it's "good" to be with someone younger, and some of that may be true early in the relationship. But when you've been with a partner for as long as I have (22 years), age related things go away and it's just like being with any other person. In the long run it's personality compatibility, shared values, common interests and acceptance of each other as people that far outweigh any benefits or drawbacks of your partner's age. Just like it is with same-age relationships.
    SheLikesKitties and degausser like this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    My advice for others would be: If there is mutual love, persevere, and don't let anything stop you, not even common sense and reason.

What's good about my relationship? We are friends with benefits, who happened to be married.

I was reading SummerBob's post, and while I totally agree with him, looking at our relationship, we are not that compatible. We only share a few aspects, that luckily seem to be important enough to hold this relationship together for over 10 years.
    1. We both believe in God
    2. We are sexually compatible
    3. We both lean towards the political right.
    4. We share the same taste in movies
    5. We can have great conversations

At one point, one has to stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes, so we play with what we share, leave aside what we don't, don't sweat the small stuff, forgive, communicate, understand, trust and respect each other.
    SummerBob likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.