AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Sometimes, people say stupid things.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member

Sometimes, people say stupid things.

I think this isn't an instance of someone not perceiving our relationship as real due to the age gap, but I may be wrong.

After his divorce (a year prior to us meeting each other), Lovey was left with next to nothing in the way of setting up a household. When we decided to combine households in December 2011, he moved in with me. Pretty near everything in the house is mine, and was mine long before I met him.

We recently moved to the rear unit of a home that's been converted to a duplex. (My property needs work before I can move in; due to post-operative restrictions, I'm not able to do it at present. Plus, my job is here. Once my place is squared away, for as long as my job is here, I'll stay here with Lovey M-F and be at my place on the weekend.)

We were shown this unit by a female property manager and her female assistant. While they were showing us the unit, it was quite evident that both the property manager and assistant were into Lovey. I found it amusing.
    A) I've been with the guy 6 years, I know what they'd be getting into.
    B) He was oblivious to it.

This unit was vacant for quite some time before our occupancy. For some reason a great deal of the work which needed to be done (plumbing, wiring, carpentry finish work and flooring finish work) wasn't completed prior to our move in, despite their need to delay our move in by 2 weeks. As a result of the delay and still unfinished work, they wound up giving Lovey a discount on the first month's rent and reducing the security deposit.

In the 6 weeks we've been here, the property manager has had a lot of "reasons" to call Lovey or for him to stop by their office, or she has needed to come over here. It was excessive. The second time someone was here the week of my first surgery (I've undergone a colonoscopy & two surgeries this summer), I said something to her and the maintenance man about it.

After we noticed that his prescription pain medication was missing, Lovey went by their office and reminded them that they need to call first (they're supposed to provide 24 hour notice) and that nobody better be entering the property when we're not home. None of this work is emergency work, and we'd noticed a missing prescription.

The drop-ins stopped.

In the past couple of weeks, there's been a personnel change. The property manager no longer works for the real estate office, and the woman who was the assistant is now the property manager.

New property manager (who was throwing down plenty that Lovey wasn't picking up) tells Lovey that the former property manager said she wanted to come over to the house and cook him dinner. Between you and me and the gate post, there's only one reason a woman tells a man a story such as this, and it's because she herself is trolling.

As he's telling me the story, he says, "While she was saying that, I was wondering what she thought [MM] was going to eat."

I asked him, "Did you mention she'd play [heck] doing it, considering the table, chairs, dishes, pots & pans are mine? Any woman who thinks she's going to come into your kitchen, cook with my pots & pans, sit at my table and feed you off my plates, I just might take care of with your .22 sitting over there in the corner."

He said he figured I'd get pretty frowny about it.

The nerve! I've seen some cheek, but it's been a while since I've seen that much of it!

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    That is disrespectful. Do they think he is your dad or something?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    That is disrespectful. Do they think he is your dad or something?
    Beyond disrespectful, I'd say.

I have no idea what they "think"... they know I'm his girlfriend, I'm staying here full time while I recover from surgery, and after that I will live here during the week and at my property on week ends.

I find it amusing, except for when it's inconvenient. Like when we're leaving for an appointment and they show up unannounced...which has happened twice now.

Perhaps others will share their "stupid thing" someone has said?

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson