AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By SummerBob
  • 2 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By theREALTrish
  • 1 Post By Slow Worm

Thread: too much x x time on my hands...

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member

too much x x time on my hands...

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm currently in perioperative recovery for two abdominal surgeries earlier this summer. I can sit, and I can lie down; as a consequence, I'm far too familiar at the moment with what's happening on facebook. While I missed the uproar over the slaying of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe by an American hunter due to a slow connection (and some afternoon lovemaking *broad wink*), I share now with you this gem by Dame Helen Mirren on "manspreading."

Helen Mirren says what every woman who's ever been on a crowded train has been thinking.

The link should be click-able to all.

What do you watch online, when you have too much time on your hands?

MM
    Last edited by MissMuffins; 07-31-2015 at 01:33 AM.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    What do I watch online? Do you really want to know?

Lately I've been getting into religious videos on YouTube. Specifically, I've always been deeply troubled by the doctrine of eternal hell; that every one who's not "saved" (i.e. washed in the blood of Jesus) will be cast into eternal hell to burn and be tormented forever. I've found a number of very interesting videos that challenge that belief, and even quote scripture to make their case.

Some of the comments on those videos are, shall I say, interesting to say the least! Let's just say that I've seen more hostility there (coming from so-called "believers"), than I ever have on any age-gapped forum!

So anyway, that's what I've been getting into in my online viewing life lately.
    MissMuffins likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    We watch sci fi and fantasy series on Netflix. Currently into season 4 of Once Upon A Time.
    MissMuffins and Angel like this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    My latest obsession is reading things on Twitter. Well, Twitter leads me to other things to read. Facebook does the same thing. Most of it is political.
    MissMuffins likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I re-read old books, I found a set of Richmal Crompton's children's books on Kindle, (written before WWII) and I have read them all, as well as beloved old horror stories. I also play games online.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    I found a set of Richmal Crompton's children's books
    I.e. the William books! If you like Crompton's 'William' you may well also like Anthony Buckeridge's 'Jennings' series.

SW
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

gorillagirl Guest
    MM,

Grumpy Guy put out??????????
    Cuz of your birthday????

xo

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Worm View Post
    I.e. the William books! If you like Crompton's 'William' you may well also like Anthony Buckeridge's 'Jennings' series.

SW
    Yes, I love the William books. They make me laugh out loud, and they remind me of my uncle and godfather, the original owner of the old brittle William books I read as a little girl.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    My latest obsession is reading things on Twitter. Well, Twitter leads me to other things to read. Facebook does the same thing. Most of it is political.
    ...speaking of, I'm waiting for you to start a discussion on Planned Parenthood's recent bad press in The Den.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    MM,

Grumpy Guy put out??????????
    Cuz of your birthday????

xo
    LOL

What's birthday sex?

Since his magnesium & potassium levels have stabilized, "putting out" has occurred more frequently than once every 6 weeks. So, yeah, I got some and it was good but it didn't have anything to do with my birthday.

I think such things don't exist in his universe and I strongly suspect it's due to anxiety issues.

By gawd, it will def. be a thing that exists in the world of my next relationship!

MM

Idaho veteran says VA plans to seize his guns in error

This happened in the state where I live, about 200 miles away from where I reside.

It really bothers me...not that someone was going to allegedly show up and seize this individual's firearms (which can't happen without due process), but because everyone, including law enforcement and elected officials, accepted that representation of the situation as "truth" and then jumped on the bandwagon.

No one has asked to see the letter from the VA, and neither the actual letter or an example of the template used has been run with ANY of these stories.

MM