AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like younger guys? Fancy spilling the beans in a magazine article?

MichaelB Guest

Like younger guys? Fancy spilling the beans in a magazine article?

I’m a London-based freelance writer whose interview features appear regularly in intelligent top shelf magazines like Forum and Desire. We’re currently looking for the opinions and experiences of women who have enjoyed sexual relationships with younger men. There are no age boundaries here – in fact, the bigger the age gap, the better!

The idea is to explore and understand what it is that makes such relationships so appealing, whether one-off or regular preference. While the aim is to get a factual account of each couple’s story, the feature will emphasise the sensual aspects, bringing out the fun, excitement and passion that can come from such liaisons. Many women – and men - will have fantasised about this, so your story will attract a lot of very interested readers!

Time is tight unfortunately and I will need to do the interviews – phone is fine – by the end of April. Absolute discretion is guaranteed and all identifying details will of course be changed as required.

So, if you have a story you’re willing to share, please do get in touch right away, either by private messaging me here, or emailing jonnco@hotmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!

marcy Guest
    While I certainly understand WHY journalists come to AL to find age gap folks for articles and television, we have participated in several of these ourselves but always closely screened first, what I fail to comprehend is the utter LACK of research these journalists do when posting here.

This community is founded upon the notion of loving, committed age-gaped couples. Anyone that reads for more than 10 minutes will see that this is a conservative community and that we are not salacious in nature AT ALL.

What’s the deal of the onslaught of this kind of interest and the shoddy research about the community in general????

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelB
    the feature will emphasise the sensual aspects, bringing out the fun, excitement and passion that can come from such liaisons. Many women – and men - will have fantasised about this, so your story will attract a lot of very interested readers!
    This is NOT a fantasy. This is NOT a liaison (ie. illicit sexual relationship) for us.

This is real life.

The fun, excitement and passion we have isn't any different than in any other kind of love and THAT, Sir, is the point of this website.

Like Marcy said - do your research. You aren't going to find "Cougars" or "MILFS" here that are out to seduce young men. And the young men here (at least the real men here) weren't out to "bag" an older woman.

We met and fell in love. And because of articles such as you intend to write, we have to come to this site to find support and know that there isn't something wrong with us, just because we happened to fall in love with a younger/older person.

just_jasmine Guest

Bizarre

Okay. Why all of the sudden two people are posting on this board wanting "interviews"? This seems extremely bizarre to me.

marcy Guest
    People post here wanting interviews ALL THE TIME. It’s not bizarre at all. It is just a little weird that two journalists, posting at nearly the same moment, did no research whatsoever (beyond older women/younger men of course) on the community. Both journalists are looking for something titillating and have a rather distasteful, exploitive nature to their requests.
    Last edited by marcy; 04-21-2005 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling errors and I might still have missed some :)

just_jasmine Guest
    Thanks Marcy. UGH - sensationalism=lack of real journalistic skills.

I used to be Lead Editor at my college paper...I never allowed such garbage!

MichaelB Guest
    Thanks for those responses. I have actually taken a very good look around your site - but still imagined there might be a few women who might want to share - in complete privacy - the fun and excitement of their relationships. (Just as same age-group couples are often quite happy to. )

No-one's looking for titillation - just honesty. We don't judge, we just listen, try to understand and, only then, report. I have to say, I wonder whether any of my new, immediate rush-to-judgment critics have ever actually seen a copy of UK Forum or Desire magazines?

Don't forget, in the UK we're quite used to sex and nudity on our public mainstream TV channels. We have licensed sex-shops and sex is not the big deal it used to be. No huge protests over a stray wardrobe malfunction either. If people over here want titillation, there are loads of places to get it. Our magazine is upscale, intelligent, edited by a woman, and just likes to tell stories of people who enjoy their lives - including their sex-lives - and have fun.

If that doesn't sound like you, I'm very sorry to have upset you. Have a nice day!

If it does sound like you, please let me know!

marcy Guest
    Anyone want to give odds on an active female member of this site actually providing this information to the inquiring journalist? Anyone want to give odds on a male member of this site actually providing this information and having any of that information be *TRUE*?

It is your original post that indicated the nature of your request... "the feature will emphasise the sensual aspects". I admit I am unfamiliar with your mag(s), but the tone of your request certainly makes your request seem tawdry. You say you have "actually taken a very good look around your site", if this is so, what exactly did you read here that gave you the impression that our community supports cheap, meaningless sex or that we want to perpetuate the sterotypes about older women/younger men? I am sincerely interested. If we knew what it was that you read here (other than the title on the forum) that gave you the impression, then we could address it and change it. This would perhaps dissuade this kind of interest in us altogether. Which I think is exactly what most of us would like...

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    Hey Michael...Im sorry if some of us come across a bit harsh. I know it's just your job, and Im sure you quite good at it!

We have had a few..what I would call bad experiences..mainly with talk shows, and we are starting to wonder....is this another person who wants to exploit us to raise the ratings? You know?

Hey members, you notice another thing? The last three or four writer/producer type people who have posted on the site have been on a very tight deadline....It's like at the last minute they decided...what the heck...lets go ahead and do that older woman/younger man thing. *smiles*

eddiesfairy Guest

last minute my ***...

I am suspious of every thread in this site i guess from here on out i will lurk....like the others?

I am paranoid of .....nah...not them!!

night!

fairy

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    huh?

You lost me there...Why would you be suspicious of every thread on the site, if you don't mind me asking. Clue me in....Im a former blonde and all....

GoldieCat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelB
    Don't forget, in the UK we're quite used to sex and nudity on our public mainstream TV channels. We have licensed sex-shops and sex is not the big deal it used to be. No huge protests over a stray wardrobe malfunction either.
    Oh yes here we go. Having sexual content all over the place means "more sophisticated," right? Beg pardon, but there are not only two ways to be about this. Not wanting to flaunt oneself or be bombarded by commercial sexuality does not = Victorian prudery. To me it equals a more RESPECTFUL environment. Why shouldn't women be offended when commercial sexuality is pushed? It's somehow always US who are on display. If you're so sophisticated tell me how much of the "nudity" is men's.

Arguing that we're no fun because we aren't all about sex is ridiculous. Some of us have grown past the juvenile view that it's the Meaning of Life. Oh believe me....we have GREAT sex. But for some of us, sex is a very special private matter having to do with love, and is not a spectator sport.

We have sex shops here too. And if sex is "no big deal" anymore, not only do I feel sorry for you, I fail to understand then why it's the BIG FOCUS of the magazine. It's no big deal!

Sorry all....just these attitudes do annoy me. We've plenty of their equivalent on this side of the pond.

special K is offline dedicated member :-)
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not particularly offended by the OP's post or request. I think it could be a GREAT plus for us all and the public view of AGR's in general if sincere, loving, comitted couples from here would share their experiences about the genuine, playful, AMAZING sexual connections we have with our ym (that are only possible because of the AMAZING emotional, intellectual and spiritual connections we have in place as a foundation). I'm not talking lurid details or techniques, but a debunking of the myth that we're a bunch of desparate whatevers fulfilling empty fantasies with no depth. Okay, okay, we are living fantasies, but they are based in love and commitment with fun, younger, great guys!

Let's think of it as an opportunity to enlighten readers to the truth. Anything positive written is good for our team.
    Last edited by special K; 04-23-2005 at 12:26 AM.
    "What the caterpillar sees as the end of the world, the butterfly calls wings."

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    LOL @ SpecialK -

If we told them what it was REALLY all about, I doubt the article would ever get written!

He doesn't want to hear the boring, 'We are just like any other couple" story, he wants to hear, "The sex is FABULOUS and we are bonking like rabbits all the time!"

lalaith Guest
    This is my first time writing. I am very happy to have found a site like this. Been in a relationship for over a year..I am 35 and he is 26. It has been wonderful so far In response to the gentleman looking for individuals to talk about their relationships I am torn. When my bf and I first started dating a friend of his asked if he would do an interview for Mens Health about younger men in relationships with older woman. The writer was a college friend of my bf's buddy. I had no issues with this (he asked of course) the interview was done over the phone with me there and it was tasteful and I enjoyed hearing him share what he liked about our relationship. But what was key was that the article was about "relationships" not just sex between an older woman and a younger man. Anyone who wanted to do an interview has the ability to hang up the moment they do not like where the interview is going. I guess its best to let the individual make the choice about what feels right for them..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast