AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why Are You Here?

Kristin is offline Senior Member

Why Are You Here?

How did you find Ageless and what was the thing that you wanted to find out most of all?

just_jasmine Guest

Yahoo!

I found it when searching Yahoo. I can't even remember what I typed in...lol

I came looking for support in helping me deal with my YM leaving me while pregnant. And I got a lot more than that!! This place is full of a bunch of the best people I have ever met!

I was really having a hard time believing that my handsome, much younger boyfriend could really find me attractive and desireable.

I was also curious as to what the age difference was between Demi and Ashton. I was thinking, "If she can do it, why can't I??" (I'm 37, him 24)

I did a Google search for them and came across a whole bunch of articles about them and a few mentioned other age gap relationships. One of the sites had a link to AgelessLove.com.

I spent about a week reading through the threads to get an idea of what the site was like. Finally, I came across the thread in Sexuially Speaking (now stickied at the top) called "The Old Body Thing". It was such a relief! I realized that my insecurities were normal and that other men truly appreciated their older mates - "old body" and all.

I have been an AL addict ever since!

We are going on 10 months now, I've fallen very much in love and we are moving in together when his lease is up at the end of this month!
    Last edited by Kristin; 04-23-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Loucine Guest
    I came here in tears after having told my ex ym to go away He was only 6 years younger , made a big issue about the age difference and I was desperately searching on google about age gap relationships. I typed 'older women younger men'.

It was this particular story that made me search on google, totally forgetting that my older sister has always had long-term relationships with much younger men and also one of my best friends has been living for 16 years with a wonderful man 15 years younger than her. I could have asked them for advice but I searched on Internet instead and I'm glad I did.

Why did I stay after my story with ym ended ? because I found some of the subjects discussed here very interesting, some people are absolutely amazing and because I spend about 12 hours a day working on my computer and some short breaks from time to time to read or post a few words cheer me up. Sometimes I take too many brakes though

Michele Guest
    I came in looking for support after a long term/long distance romance with a younger man failed.....I dont like to think it was the age difference that did us in, but the distance...though I think age had a lot to do with it....he was a 39 year old man, never married and no kids....and I know he would love kids...but how he terminated our very loving relationship...left me in a near emotional breakdown...

the immediate support I got here was what i needed for that kick in the butt move on...

I also typed into a search engine...older women younger men....

though I hardly think of myself as older....
    Last edited by Michele; 04-23-2005 at 04:45 PM.

Carazy Guest
    I came here when I started falling in love with my b/f who at the time was 19 (to my 36) - and basically I was just wondering if I was "crazy" and started browsing the net to find out if there is any pathological pattern related to this experience

Found that site via google and got a lot of support telling me to give it a try and see where it goes

Got to say thanks to many, like Bella, Jo, Whisper, DS and other ppl to encourage me to actually look behind convention .
    Just for the record, we are still together (heading for our second year now) - still long-distance though, working slowly towards changing that at the latest next year though (job/language issues ^_^)

kathyw Guest

Thumbs up The reason I'm here..I believe in the site for one...cos I met my bf here!

I was struggling with the concept of dating a younger guy I worked with. I typed in age gap realationships into google and found this site about a year and a half ago looking for support and to ask a few questions about the situation.

I got alot of support from some of the members here and not so much from others, but overall..I didn't end up pursuing the realationshp with this guy..primarily because we worked together and I didn't think it would be the ethical or wise thing to do.

I started chatting with a few people from here and one day, met someone on here whom I just seemed to click with. We stayed up till all hours of the night talking both online and on the phone and decided to meet a couple of months later.

Fast forward, I moved to Boston to be with him a few months later (at his request) so he could finish college. We now live in Boston and are very much in love..he is a great guy..one of the nicest, kindest and most giving men I have ever met.

I am 46 and he is 23. Not every step of the way has been easy and we still struggle daily with certain things, but overall, no more so than in any other relationship...it's been great. We've been together a year and a half now. We've lived together for about 9 months...and we have talked about getting married after he finishes school. He is an extremely hard worker and has had to do alot of stuggling with family members and such, in order for us to be together (and so have I)...and it's been well worth it.

I guess that's why when I read some of the demeaning things here said by other younger guys on this site (and some older woman) regarding age gap realationships it really bothers me, and I take it very personally since I actually met my boyfriend here..and at that time their seemed to be a much higher caliber of men who frequented the site..now we have people who are trying to get sexual conversations going about MILF's and such..and we really didn't have to deal with much of that before...so it's annoying, however, overall, I think it's still a great support site...and will come back around to become even better at some point in time (and I can't wait) .

Great subject Kristin..thanks.
    Last edited by kathyw; 04-23-2005 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Loucine Guest
    ****! this thread made me go back to read my first posts. I was soooo desperate and so much in love. It's all coming back now and I still miss him

Great answers, very interesting - keep 'em coming!

(Would like to hear from some men, too!)

just_jasmine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Loucine
    ****! this thread made me go back to read my first posts. I was soooo desperate and so much in love. It's all coming back now and I still miss him
    gn bn gvb

(sigh) I know....me, too.

joelstrouble is offline Silence! I'll kill you!

Thumbs up

I'm here cause I fell in love with Joel that are 13 years younger than me... and I thought it was very confusing cause I had never been in love with someone younger than me, I guess the youngest guy I had been with prior to meeting Joel were 1 month younger than me and I hardly thing that count as an age gap... I was looking too se what was written about this and I found ageless... and I'm happy I did!!! I don't think of the age difference as a problem any more, just as a difference! We have almost everything else than the age in common and that is rare and special!!! We are also a LDR, we live 6000 miles away from each other, and that gap is TOO huge for us, so we are getting married in the summer and Joel are moving over here!!!

ldydiane Guest
    I had been talking with a younger man who lives halfway across the states from where I am.
    We had been having very good and intense conversations. Mostly about my fear of the age difference. He was more mature than 99% of the men I have talked with my age or older for that matter.
    He gave me the link to this site and told me I might find it interesting.
    He was very right about that. Since then I have kept up on many of the posts and have learned very well that there are more than a slim few who have the same questions and 'fears' as I do.
    It is still very scary for me as I have many insecurites and worries. Although at this time I am in no relationship with anyone... I still have the questions. This is a great site. I am truly thankful I was guided here. (Thank You ALLEN)
    SMILE,
    Diane

Science Goddess is offline Bodhisattva O' Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin
    How did you find Ageless and what was the thing that you wanted to find out most of all?

I found AL when I became involved with someone almost 17 years my junior.

Most of all, I wanted to know that I wasn't the only crazy lady out there who was willing to take this chance!

Even though the aforementioned relationship has ended, I pop in and out because it's just a great group, overall.

Plus, I now find that I am much more receptive to the attention that younger men show me than I was before - thanks to AL. It used to be that I wouldn't give ym the time of day.

So, I figure, I should probably stick around here.
    "It's either on the table being a part of your life, or under the table running your life." ~ AMK

You're an extraordinary woman. How do you expect to lead an ordinary life? ~ Louisa May Alcott

Science Goddess is offline Bodhisattva O' Love
    Quote Originally Posted by joelstrouble
    We are also a LDR, we live 6000 miles away from each other, and that gap is TOO huge for us, so we are getting married in the summer and Joel are moving over here!!!
    Lovely!

I've been floating in and out and you probably posted this somewhere and I missed it.
    "It's either on the table being a part of your life, or under the table running your life." ~ AMK

You're an extraordinary woman. How do you expect to lead an ordinary life? ~ Louisa May Alcott

teddikat is offline Senior Member
    I was talking with a 27 yo grad student who claimed to be interested in me...I didn't understand why. He told me about this site about the same time he lost interest in me...
    I did not understand how a much younger man could be interested in someone old enough to be his mom. I didn't know if it would be OK to be interested in someone that young. The biggest age difference before was with my ex-husb(9 yrs younger) and it gave me pause when we were first married, but later seemed ok...
    I still don't understand this phenomenom, but I now know that there is nothing wrong with me for thinking about younger men as possible companions. My son who is 28 doesn't see a problem with age difference, to him age is just a number.
    This site is great, not only for those of you in relationships , but for us who are considering the possibility of a ym/ow .....

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast