AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OW/YM or YW/OM?

whiterose is offline Administrator

OW/YM or YW/OM?

Now that we have a combined chit chat area, I thought it would be nice if we all introduced ourselves again and tell us what type of relationship you are in. Are you in an older woman/younger man or younger woman/older man relatinship?

I'll start. I am Whiterose (real name is Katrina). I am 47 years old engaged to Remi (not a member here) who is 18 years younger than me. We met online and were friends for several months and then it slowly developed into something deeper. We met in person in Bucharest in March, 2004. We began immigration procedures in August, 2004, and it's almost finished now.

I first came to Ageless in June 2003 when Remi first approached me about having a romantic interest in me. I've been a member of this board for 2 years now and really do credit it for giving me the courage and strength to give this relationship a try.

Who's next?
    Last edited by whiterose; 06-19-2005 at 11:46 AM. Reason: edited to add my age

deb100855 Guest
    My name is Deb (no surprise there in light of my screen name). I'm 49, dating a 29 year old man. We live 200 miles apart. We also met online, but only "spoke" a few times briefly before we met in person on Superbowl Sunday 2005 (Feb 2). The sparks flew immediately and we've been seeing each other regularly since.

I continue to have doubts and concerns, and I post about them ad nausem. I could never repay everyone here for your patience and tolerance in this regard.

Lynn Guest
    Okay I'll bite.... again.

My real name is Gina. *waves to everyone* I'm in an ow/ym relationship with a 28 year difference. Who cares though?! We sho don't.

We met at a gaming forum, became good buddies without knowing each others age for a long time. When we did it was a shock, and a terrible disappointment at first. But eventually we needed to meet so that we would 'know' something.

Well it's been a little over 2 years now and we're closer than ever. He is my everything, my heart and soul.

I found Ageless last fall, and it was so wonderful to know that I'm not the only one in an agr. I honestly thought I was a rarity until then, LOL. I probably still am, but I prefer to ignore it.

Katrina, I admire you so much. You DO have courage and strength. It's an inspiration for others who have a ldr.

What a nice thing to say, Lynn! LDRs are definitely not for the faint of heart, are they? And especially when people have so many preconceived notions about your relationship. He and I have so many other factors to deal with on top of the distance. It's definitely not easy. But, hopefully, at least the distance will be gone soon.

I didn't realize you and your fella are LDR. Or, are you now living together?

joelstrouble is offline Silence! I'll kill you!
    Hi, I'm Aina and I'm 32 and I'm engaged with Joel who is 19 and are from WA (I'm from Norway) We are getting married July 22nd and he will come and live in Norway right after.
    We met online 8-9 months ago and IRL 3 months ago were everything just was fantastic, so in order to be able to be together we have to get married.
    We both were kinda sad about this in the beginning, cause this was not exactly how we wanted to get married (this is also my first marriage), but we desided on doing this and then renew our vowls later in a small church in Norway so that it would be just because we love each other and not because we have to.

Lynn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterose
    What a nice thing to say, Lynn! LDRs are definitely not for the faint of heart, are they? And especially when people have so many preconceived notions about your relationship. He and I have so many other factors to deal with on top of the distance. It's definitely not easy. But, hopefully, at least the distance will be gone soon.

I didn't realize you and your fella are LDR. Or, are you now living together?
    Oh no, he's been living with me for 2 years now. We only went through a ldr for a short period of time after meeting, and yes, you're right, it's not for the faint of heart. I'm afraid I was one of those faint hearted people. But see, if I was in an ldr right now, you'd be my inspiration! The perservance, and continuing courage to work towards the goal of being with Remi someday soon. You've got it together Katrina.

LADave is offline Born 200 years too late
    Hi, I'm Dave and I live in Los Angeles (DUH! ) I've been attracted to older women for as long as I've been dating, and my steady relationships have all been with OW. My last one was with a woman in Scottsdale, Arizona who was 30 years older.

Last night I had a date with a woman who's 51 to my 35. We've known each other socially for a couple of years but most of the time she was in a long-term relationship (and then recovering from its demise). I am just overwhelmingly attracted to her--more so than with any other first date, actually. But, my sixth sense told me that I was a lot more into her than she was into me. I wish our affection levels were somewhat equal--that would make life a lot easier! I'll see what happens, but I think it's back to the drawing board this time.
    "You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."--Anon

deb100855 Guest
    Dave - I understand. I think this is my scenario too. I'm more into it than he is
    Last edited by deb100855; 07-02-2005 at 12:37 PM.

Where are our younger women or older men on the boards? I started this thread in hopes that some of you would come out and introduce yourselves so that some of us from the OW/YM side could get to know you better now that we have combined chit chat.

I hope some of you will introduce yourselves. I'd truly like to get to know you better.

GoldieCat Guest
    Sorry Katrina, another OW/YM here!

We are Suzanne and Jason, I am 13 years older. We met online 2-1/2 years ago and like Lynn and her guy we were doing the LDR thing for part of the first year. We've been living together for nearly 2 years, first he moved to my city and then we both moved to a new one. We're doing excellently, and grow more in love as we go along. He's just the BEST, and he is always becoming even more generous and loving. I can't thank my lucky stars enough that I've got such a wonderful man.

bubbleee Guest
    Yes, sorry Katrina!!!

Phillippides and I are a couple. We have a 30+ year gap between us. He's a pre-medical type college student and I'm an information systems manager.

We were LDR for about a year and now we're together. He lived on campus last year and has lived with me for on and off during the summer.

We are happy together and our future's look so darn bright we have to wear shades

Sdoah1972 is offline Freckle Face
    I agree, Whiterose, you are an inspiration.

My name is Shannon and I'm 33 while my YM, Adam is 20. Ours too is a long distance relationship and I sometimes get very faint hearted. We met via gaming and hit it off instantly. After talking for a year I got to visit him for a few days while I was in Australia this month. The sparks were just as hot in person and I'm glad to say hotter now that we've been face to face.

We both have very strong feelings for one another, but we're still taking it slow as we're not sure we're ready to give full commitment and the nasty business of dealing with immigration just makes my stomach churn. But we're very content and satisfied with what we have for now and maybe with time it will grow.

fos4snt Guest
    Hey all! I'm 33 and my guy is Litical, who just turned 20 last week. We've been together 1.5 years and have been living together a year... also as of last week. LOL.

No marriage plans or anything, but I'm in no hurry.

~phos

PinkCat is offline Animals are people too!
    Hi, I'm 31 and my boyfriend is 21. We've been together 2.5 years.

Lesson learned: do not attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Charlotte is offline Every day is a new one.
    I'm 32 and my younger guy is 19, each of us a year older next month.

We met in a reptile IRC channel and talked for a couple of years, then met in person and have been together ever since. We met 7 months ago in Germany. I'm in Canada, so we're long distance for now and engaged indefinitely until we can make arrangements.

We've had a couple of visits so far and another planned for August. I hate waiting! :P

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast