AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Interracial AGRs

divine_ms_m is offline dream job: Queen

Interracial AGRs

This is a question for forum members that are in interracial AGRs.

Which do you find elicits more of a "reaction" from those you know you, the age gap or the interracial aspect of your relationship?

Just wondering.
    “A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.”
    —Maya Angelou

BellaLove Guest
    I would say the age gap definitally. A lot of people here in CA are in inter-racial relationships so it isn't such a shock to see...... it's much more of a shock to see the age gap. :-)

marcy Guest
    Well I'm not in an age gap interracial relationship at the moment. However, my ex-husband is Chinese and my new husband is 20 (I'm 37). I would definately say that my current marriage elicits a much stronger reaction from people.

fos4snt Guest
    Am I in an interracial relationship? I KNOW I'm in an age gap one, but I'm not so sure about the inter-racial. Litical's Dad is from Nicaragua and his Mom is an all American Mutt like me (altho, I get to add cherokee to the mix)... so HE is inter-racial... but I'm not sure that makes US an inter-racial couple.

Not like I even CARE about that aspect. I am human. He is human. We are beautifully human together. If someone wants to make assumptions about either of us based on race, it only makes THEM look stupid.

People definitely don't make mention of either of our "race" but they do mention the age gap from time to time.
    ~phos

1love Guest
    I have been in both types of relationships, not all at once....but, the interacial relationship drew much more of a response.

wcoloto Guest
    I think its more of a shock to more people for a White/Black couple then it is for a White/Hispanic couple, or White/Asian.....Of course because of the history between Blacks and Whites.

Harrison Guest
    Which draws more of a reaction?

It's hard to say because we live in a part of the country (West Coast -- WA) where interracial couples are very common.

I'd had people ask me about my wife and if we were planning to have kids, so based on that implicit assumption (that she's under 42 or so), I'd say the interracial aspect draws more attention.

Due to my wife's youthful appearance, we look like a couple with a 6 year age gap as opposed to the 16 year gap that it really is.

roho3710 is offline Member
    Where I am from the AGR does draw stares and comments, but throw in inter-racial with it, and we have a scandal!! Small southern town mentality at its worst. I don't bring anyone that I date anywhere near the people that I live by or work with.... sad but true. I teach high school and think that I would fear for my job if I did anything considered scandalous by administrator's viewpoints. Most of the people who are my acquaintances just think that I have not dated in a very long time.... Part of me would love to shock them by bringing home a much younger, most apparently different-raced man--- but I won't. Of course, if I one day find true love with such a man, then yea for me!!

educo Guest
    Mostly the age gap gets stares, but since my former relationship was interracial and since I live in NYC, i get the "sugardaddy" assumption.

Flyer Guest
    I agree with BellaLove, in California, the interracial couple is no big deal, it's so common. Pretty much the agr doesn't raise many eyebrows either. I think in California we are a lot more open-minded that other parts of the country. Just guessing, though.
    Flyer

Charlotte is offline Every day is a new one.
    heh

It's extremely common here to be in interracial relationships.

I find that being in a non-interracial relationship with a German man IN Germany, and my father being from Germany, that people tend to make an issue of it more so than of his age.

They seem surprised that I'm "going back to my roots," as I've heard repeatedly.

emero Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wcoloto
    I think its more of a shock to more people for a White/Black couple then it is for a White/Hispanic couple, or White/Asian.....Of course because of the history between Blacks and Whites.

I'm dating an hispanic man who is 13 years younger than me, the only person who has had a problem with it is him... Why are you dating me? I'm the foreign guy, you could have any of the english guys ( at the time a few guys had asked me on dates)

I said to him, I chose you because of you, not because you are colombian, nor because i think all hispanics are hot

I like you not the english guys( I've dated a few) they don't do anything for me, you do

No one has said anything about his skin colour, he just looks to me like he has a tan, though he goes much darker in the summer (lovelyeeeee)(getting carried away)
    Maybe some people have a problem, though I haven't encountered anyone while I've been with him

ZenWarrior Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by divine_ms_m
    This Which do you find elicits more of a "reaction" from those you know you, the age gap or the interracial aspect of your relationship?
    From my experiences, and in multivariate statistics parlance, I'd say there is more of a significant interaction effect rather than a strong main effect from either. (That is setting aside those statisticians who feel there must always be a main effect if there are any interaction effects, a point still sometimes debated.)

BellaLove Guest
    I wish I would have had the chance to date an African American man...... they are just SO handsome and classy.

Had to say that. :-)

Mark Guest
    I wish I would have had the chance to date an African American man...... they are just SO handsome and classy.
    Lots of white women say this. I don't get it. How is the average black man classier than the average white man? Can someone please explain this to me?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast