AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Couples in my area that are in an age gap relationship.

Chloe-and-Max Guest

Finding Couples in my area that are in an age gap relationship.

Greetings to all...I am in an age gap relationship with the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. I just want to find other relationships similar to mine for some of the same reasons I chose to come to Ageless Love. I am aware of how special age gap relationships are and that they need to be nurtured in ways that are not traditional in society's standards. I want to know the challenges and advantages of other couples for comparison.....as I am in this for the long haul. if you would like more information just message oh and one more thing.... our age difference is 18 years. Im 19ym and my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend is 36.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    I found my way to the board back in 2006 to find others in a relationship like mine. I began dating my guy when he was 18 and I was 32. We are now 24/38 and have been happily married for a little over 2 years now. We have a 5 year-old daughter and are happy as can be.

Welcome to Ageless and I hope you find couples near your hometown that you can meet up with!
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Since you haven't mentioned your location, this will be hard to respond to. You should join the site and complete a profile so that other members will know where you both are.

Chloe-and-Max Guest
    thank you for the support i wasnt sure if i was allowed to put where im from but im around the west virginia, ohio, kentucky area if any couple would like to get to know me and my amazin gf jus message me.

laurad121 is offline Senior Member
    I get my relationship support from the wonderful people here In person I really don't need to hang out with others in an age gap relationship. I think of my boyfriend and myself as just a regular couple and don't dwell on the age gap. We hang out with friends of all ages. Recently one of our mutual friends said we make such a great couple and that no one in our local bar thought we would last. Well 1 1/2 years later we proved them wrong! There are unique challenges to any relationship and this forum has been invaluable to be to deal with them....so hang out here and post your concerns as needed.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laurad121 View Post
    I get my relationship support from the wonderful people here In person I really don't need to hang out with others in an age gap relationship. I think of my boyfriend and myself as just a regular couple and don't dwell on the age gap. We hang out with friends of all ages. Recently one of our mutual friends said we make such a great couple and that no one in our local bar thought we would last. Well 1 1/2 years later we proved them wrong! There are unique challenges to any relationship and this forum has been invaluable to be to deal with them....so hang out here and post your concerns as needed.
    That's fantastic, Laura! I suspect it will be the same for me and Joe, since I don't see "Small Town, North Carolina" as a capitol of age gap relationships. LOL I think that people just need to get used to seeing you together, and over time, you're just another happy couple. BTW...great pic of you and your man!

On the other hand....Maxx....I understand why you and your lady would find comfort in the company of like minds. But just because you and Chloe share that one element in common, doesn't mean you're compatible for friendship with other people based on age gap alone. I would think that it's more important to seek out friends with open minds with whom you share common interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe && Max View Post
    thank you for the support i wasnt sure if i was allowed to put where im from but im around the west virginia, ohio, kentucky area if any couple would like to get to know me and my amazin gf jus message me.
    I'm not from that area, but I hope you make connections with couples that are!

Laurad, I sort of wish I had local OW/YM friends that I associated with. We have couples we are friends with but they are generally closer to my husband's age and their mindset is different than mine. They have the mindset go-go-go and I'm more in line with a more typical older mindset of go-rest-go-rest. It really is one of the age gap issues I've experienced (though not really an issue for us, just a noticeable difference in desire or energy). I'm not so eager to party and rave if I'm not 100%, like a 24 year-old might want to, ya know? Couples closer to our age we tend to have little in common with so a relationship never develops. I have often felt like we need to be somewhere in between those two mindsets, and I think many age gap couples, like mine, feel this way too. It's not that we don't have a blast with the couples we do hang with, but it would be nice to have this need met as well. It feels unfulfilled. Sometimes I meet someone on Ageless and I'm just like darn, I know I'd have a blast hanging out with them IRL. We'll connect on FB and it usually reinforces that emptiness of having no one locally to the share quirks, issues, and inside jokes/comments age gap couples share.

Like my husband has a running joke each year on my birthday to say, "Woo-hoo! You're officially the oldest woman I've ever slept with." I know any age can get the humor of that, but a YM attracted to OW (and the OW) *really* can appreciate the inappropriate humor of the comment. I hope, one day, I'll make that connection locally like I've done on Ageless with an age gap couple. ...or that I'll convince a few people from Ageless to move near me, lol!
    Last edited by Angel; 02-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.

laurad121 is offline Senior Member
    Val,
    Thanks for the comment on the pic! I think he is the most gorgeous wonderful man and love showing off the pic.

Angel,
    I don't know where anyone lives on Ageless but maybe there is a local couple that would fit this need? I personally live in NJ and if you were close by I would invite you and your man out for a drink with us

Quote Originally Posted by laurad121 View Post
    Angel,
    I don't know where anyone lives on Ageless but maybe there is a local couple that would fit this need? I personally live in NJ and if you were close by I would invite you and your man out for a drink with us
    Aw, you're very sweet! Unfortunately we're all the way over on the other side of the country in the mountains! But if we're ever in NJ I may take you up on that offer!

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind that just because another couple is in an AGR, it does not necessarily mean they will have something in common with you and your girlfriend.

What if you find a local AGR couple, but they are into traveling, fine art, and wine-tasting, while you and your girlfriend would much rather get together at home for a game-night complete with beer, nachos, and NFL?

I think you should focus more on finding couples with similar interests, rather than similar ages. If another couple should be in an AGR, just consider it icing on the cake!
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

adbmon21 is offline Member
    congrats and welcome to ageless.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs

?

I tried to see Chloe&&Max profile here, but it says; 'This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view".

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mebel View Post
    I tried to see Chloe&&Max profile here, but it says; 'This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view".
    Mebel, I got the same thing when I was trying to figure out where they are from. Personally, I don't think people should be able to post here at ALL until their registration is accepted.

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkunicorn View Post
    Keep in mind that just because another couple is in an AGR, it does not necessarily mean they will have something in common with you and your girlfriend.

What if you find a local AGR couple, but they are into traveling, fine art, and wine-tasting, while you and your girlfriend would much rather get together at home for a game-night complete with beer, nachos, and NFL?

I think you should focus more on finding couples with similar interests, rather than similar ages. If another couple should be in an AGR, just consider it icing on the cake!
    I get what you're saying, but it really is nice to find people who can share their experiences with something that affects your daily life as much as an AGR does.

I'm an atheist in the US (there aren't that many of us, at least in my state), so while I really did enjoy talking to other atheists online, it was incredible for me to move to this city, join an atheist club, and see just how many other atheists there were in the area. We have discussions and I disagree with a lot of people, and I don't like someone for the mere fact that they're also atheist, but finding someone IRL who is part of your minority group is just so...exciting!

wild youngerMan Guest

Can anyone , help me here new on here M 47, where do i go chat..

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe && Max View Post
    Greetings to all...I am in an age gap relationship with the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. I just want to find other relationships similar to mine for some of the same reasons I chose to come to Ageless Love. I am aware of how special age gap relationships are and that they need to be nurtured in ways that are not traditional in society's standards. I want to know the challenges and advantages of other couples for comparison.....as I am in this for the long haul. if you would like more information just message oh and one more thing.... our age difference is 18 years. Im 19ym and my wonderful, beautiful girlfriend is 36.
    i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast