AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By walkersam
  • 1 Post By laurad121
  • 1 Post By CrazyLove

Thread: Great Valentines

walkersam is offline Senior Member

Great Valentines

My guy did well on Valentines. He only gets thirty minutes for lunch so we never do lunch but today he took some time off and took me to lunch. For Valentines, he gave me the last Harry Potter Book in hardback to complete my series. My ex gave me all but the last one when I got my stuff in September. the last one apparently vanished. So my bf knew I didn't get it back. He also included a handwritten note telling me he how glad he was to have me in his life and how glad he was I was me. This was such a thoughtful gift, I almost cried. He apologized for not being a flower and candy guy but I thought this was so much sweeter and that is exactly what I told him.

He is Native American so I searched and found a recipe for fry bread and made him a tin full of it along with a stuffed animal and card.
    1love likes this.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by walkersam View Post
    My guy did well on Valentines. He only gets thirty minutes for lunch so we never do lunch but today he took some time off and took me to lunch. For Valentines, he gave me the last Harry Potter Book in hardback to complete my series. My ex gave me all but the last one when I got my stuff in September. the last one apparently vanished. So my bf knew I didn't get it back. He also included a handwritten note telling me he how glad he was to have me in his life and how glad he was I was me. This was such a thoughtful gift, I almost cried. He apologized for not being a flower and candy guy but I thought this was so much sweeter and that is exactly what I told him.

He is Native American so I searched and found a recipe for fry bread and made him a tin full of it along with a stuffed animal and card.
    Awww Sam...that was so thoughtful of him! What a lovely personalized gesture! Any guy could do the flower and candy thing (for me, skip the candy and just increase the roses. LOL) But seriously....I am touched by his sentimental side. What do you mean you "almost" cried? Girl, I'd be packing some serious Kimberly-Clark on this day.... but then, I am what my grandson refers to as a "baby crier". LOL

Joe called me first thing this morning to wish me Happy Valentine's Day, and it never stopped until he went to bed just a few minutes ago. He will be here on Friday, and that's all I need! I sent him a silly ecard with a birdie in an airplane (he's army/airborne) and he thanked me about 10 times...I forgot.

I think it's gestures from the heart that make Valentine's Day special. Looks like your man did his job.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Walkersam, that was very nice of him.

GIJG, I hope this is the last Valentines that you spend apart.

My husband worked until late, but he came home with chocolates. I had chocolates for him too. We agreed to postpone our celebration until next week when he has a few nights off. He had called me earlier this morning to wish me a Happy Valentines.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Walkersam, that was very nice of him.

GIJG, I hope this is the last Valentines that you spend apart.

My husband worked until late, but he came home with chocolates. I had chocolates for him too. We agreed to postpone our celebration until next week when he has a few nights off. He had called me earlier this morning to wish me a Happy Valentines.
    Awww SLK....that was very sweet...the chocolates from both of you and the phone call from him. That's awesome that you're planning time together for when he has nights off!

I never mentioned a word to Joe about V-Day, and he didn't get my ecard until he got home...so it was all his idea to call. I didn't answer the first time intentionally, because I wondered if he'd remember. He did! (voicemail) Now I have that saved, and he called me again about 20 minutes later. I know y'all must be tired of my gushing about Joe, but I'm so happy I could bust. He just gets better every day.

I can hardly wait to hear other stories!

walkersam is offline Senior Member
    joes girl, I can't even wait til Friday myself so we can hear all about it. How exciting! Yes, I am not much of a crier and it takes alot to make me cry but the whole thing really moved me because there was alot of thought in it. But this is also why I have a hard time being mad at him.

shelikeskitties, I am glad your day was good as well.

laurad121 is offline Senior Member
    Glad you guys had a great Valentine's day! Mine was good. Tom texted me at 12:30 am to say Happy Valentine's day and that he loved me. I was still up and was so touched that he remembered. We went out to a romantic dinner (he looked so damned handsome!) and we were so sappy holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes that I caught other couples looking at us at times. I made him heart shaped brownies during my lunch hour which he loved. We then spent the rest of our evening snuggling, talking and having a good time He isn't a mushy guy but I said "Say something nice to me" and his reply was "After a year and a half you are still so beautiful and sexy". That made the whole night for me......

Val, I am so excited for you for Friday!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it
    VenusDarkStar likes this.

CrazyLove is offline Member
    Chris and I went to a wonderfully romantic Valentines Dinner We've been going for 4 years now. There is poetry reading, waltzing and a Romeo and Juliet vignette performed by those who wish to act it out. Folks usually have alot of creative license with it :P Its awesomely cheesy and I love love that he enjoys it so much!

He wrote a poem the first year that won a five pound apple pie, I wrote one this year to win the pie There were about 15 entries, that were read aloud by the author over dinner.

Heres my poem this year:

Im not going to bore you with mushy old rhymes
    Or silly ol’ romance on this Valentines
    Our love is more than that, this is true
    Its about what we share and the things that we do.

We started with Jeeping, it brought us together
    With it we made new friends to keep for forever
    Then came racing, and driving real fast
    Id never have thought I would have such a blast!
    Now a house that’s just ours, not from the past
    A new home for us forever at last

Nine years ago, I stole you from time
    A match unexpected, a flip of a dime
    My best friend, my soul mate, its hard to believe
    Another that carries his heart on his sleeve.

Valentines at Rileys has become our tradition
    four years now weve come, We make it a mission
    Its not for the pie that I pen this poem
    (Though it would be a wonderful thing to take home!)
    We come for the romance the dancing, the dinner
    I dont need the pie to know im a winner

I love you Chris more than these words can say
    Wont you be my Valentine forever, Not just for today?

Tam
    VenusDarkStar likes this.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Tam & Chris....I LOVE reading happy stories like this....it's sooo encouraging! The poem is adorable and what's even more awesome is that you both have a little tradition to share. I'm gonna make one with Joe too!

As many of you know, he didn't make it for my birthday because Uncle Sam has other plans for him, and he has a lot of loose ends to tie up before his departure. But he has bought me a ticket to fly out to see him, so we get to spend more time with each other. It's only for 3 months and then we have bigger plans.

I can hardly wait to post a picture of our faces, just like some of the rest of you happy couples!

1love is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walkersam View Post

What a sweet guy. Things like this mean more to me than the usual cliché gifts.
    I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party! ~Betsy Cañas Garmon