AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A question for the OW.

Azureth is offline Banned

A question for the OW.

There is something I'm kind of curious about. Do you feel you are much different compared to other OW? Something I've read here is that many YM that get involved with OW are different than other YM usually in regards to maturity, drive, etc. So do you feel at all different compared to other OW? Maybe feel more youthful or energetic or something?

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Excellent question, Azureth....and YES, I DO feel different. Depending on their culture and lifestyle, most women my age don't think the same way I do....because if they were more than just fleeting thoughts, we might have something in common to talk about.

In all fairness, I realize that my musician's family upbringing has a lot to do with who I am today. I never thought about the way Mom dressed or wore her hair when I was a kid, but now that I look at 50's fashion....WOW! My mommy was HOT! LOL She dressed like a lady, but always in fashion...so cute! So I guess she raised me to be an individual...to stand out from the crowd. It's no good to wear things that are in fashion if they don't flatter your body.....so I learned to turn my nose up at certain styles, because I never wanted to look like everyone else.

And from learning to be an individualist, I was also open to anything that made me feel happy....regardless of the approval or lack thereof. You could say that I was rich....or at least I felt that way. In retrospect, I realize we were dirt poor when I was a little kid....but Mom never let us know it. I even had tap dancing lessons for awhile when I was 5, and Mom paid for that by working as a car hop on rollerskates.

So yeah...in many ways, I lived a privileged childhood...one that made me feel different from the rest of the world in my youth, as well as set apart from other older women as I matured. I love all people, but very rarely feel myself with women my age, or even within 10-15 years for that matter. I've found that to be different in this community, because we have a common bond. We are all outstanding individuals and we all shine in our own way.
    Azureth likes this.

walkersam is offline Senior Member
    Azureth, I think I am different from other ow because I do like things alot of younger people like and I am not stuck in a music warp, etc. I can say that I have found a lot in common with the women on here though. I do have a lot of younger friends but also have older friends as well.

gorillagirl Guest
    I must have arrested development. I smoked so much pot and did so much cocaine in the 70s and 80s, I think my maturity never happened. Plus, my mom killed herself when I was 28. I might be stuck at 28. Not really sure. I could be stuck at 19.

chi77 Guest
    Yes I also do feel different from most women my age. I am more open minded and not stuck in any era, like
    so many people that I know who are my age. To be honest I feel like I have always been different, and not
    just during this phase of my life. I guess I'm unconventional. My daughter, who is 23, has always told me I
    am not like her friends' moms, in a good way.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    I must have arrested development. I smoked so much pot and did so much cocaine in the 70s and 80s, I think my maturity never happened. Plus, my mom killed herself when I was 28. I might be stuck at 28. Not really sure. I could be stuck at 19.
    GG...***** HAPPENS. I lost my mom unexpectedly too. I experimented with nearly everything that one could smoke, snort or swallow. I don't believe in "arrested development", but I DO believe in "forever young". Stop apologizing for it and embrace it. And clean your damned room. LOL

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    There is something I'm kind of curious about. Do you feel you are much different compared to other OW? Something I've read here is that many YM that get involved with OW are different than other YM usually in regards to maturity, drive, etc. So do you feel at all different compared to other OW? Maybe feel more youthful or energetic or something?
    When I was a little girl, I was different from other little girls, this has continued until today. It is not that I am youthful, but rather that I never had a concept of what is age appropriate. There are parts of me that never completely grew up, and parts of me that were mature, even when I was a teen.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

soul is offline Senior Member
    Great question btw!

I too feel different from people my age. I'm 44 and most of my peers shall we say, have been married had children and live out a 40 something lifestyle. I've never married, not had children and my sense of fashion, music, my thoughts are probably more akin to 25-30 yr olds. I love familyguy, horror films, online gaming, amongst other things. I have a very childlike sense of humor ( keep in mind theres a difference between childish and childlike:P), so yes i'd laugh at seeing someone falling over, and in hysterics if i hear a fart sound (lol). Im self employed businesswoman and very successful by most peoples perspective, but thats the only part of me that shows my age and maturity.

gorillagirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoesGirl View Post
    GG...***** HAPPENS. I lost my mom unexpectedly too. I experimented with nearly everything that one could smoke, snort or swallow. I don't believe in "arrested development", but I DO believe in "forever young". Stop apologizing for it and embrace it. And clean your damned room. LOL
    LOL! My room is generally really clean and it's much better now. I just had a rough couple of weeks. Definitely gotta clean it to perfection this week cuz my "boy toy" allegedly comes back Friday night (today is Monday) from a 3.5 week vacation. I always loved the bad boys. Not anymore, overall, I've moved on to PhD geek types but right now, this season, with my VYM, I'm in **serious** bad-boy regression. It's fun but it's just so temporary. I was born in 1962 and definitely aspired to "forever young." I have no kids (less stress than most women my age) and I've been vegetarian and vegan since 1976 so since I'm not eating death, maybe it keeps me young?!?! Just starting to get a few gray hairs and wrinkles now. I turn 50 in April. I have no clue how I made it this far.

soul is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    LOL! I've been vegetarian and vegan since 1976 so since I'm not eating death, maybe it keeps me young?!?! Just starting to get a few gray hairs and wrinkles now. I turn 50 in April. I have no clue how I made it this far.
    LOL! im vegetarian too, also since the hot summer 1976! I was 8 at the time, i think my parents thought i was just going through a 'phrase' and have heard alsorts of phrases akin to being a veggie, like 'i eat nothing that can look back @ me' but your ' i'm not eatting death' even i found that gruesome!

gorillagirl Guest
    well, i always agreed with the adage "you are what you eat." i guess i'm raw vegan chocolate today.

kitkat620 is offline wishful thinker
    Hi. Sometimes I do feel a little awkward around women my age that are stuck in 'mommy or housewife' mode. I have always been young spirited and I really think that is why I am attracted to men that are younger than me. I still drive singing loudly and off key with the radio or CD anything from Jimi Hendricks to Coldplay. I wear a lot of old rock n roll concert t-shirts and jeans and I can be a little loud when I have a couple of drinks in me. I love silliness and sometimes I think some women my age (50s) take that as being and acting immature. But my close friends know me and accept my behavior as just being me! Those are the girls I hang with and feel comfortable with.
    You know, the other day I wore a Metallica t-shirt to work (very casual atmosphere) and some guy I work with told me to 'grow up!' He tried to say it jokingly but I was really insulted. I ignored it instead of starting a ruckus, but people like that really irk me. I am who I am, I won't change because someone thinks I should be wearing polyester stretch pants with a rayon, flowered, blousy blouse! More power to the 50 year old women out there that do, but that isn't me!
    I think the main thing is to feel comfortable in your own skin, and I do.
    "We must become the change we want to see."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Ladies, if you don't mind please don't derail this thread

Kitkat, out of curiosity, was the guy that told you that an OM or a YM?

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat620 View Post
    Hi. Sometimes I do feel a little awkward around women my age that are stuck in 'mommy or housewife' mode.
    Hey now! I resemble that remark! LOL I know what you mean though. I've worked nearly all my life since I was 18, and when I wasn't working, I was pregnant. I never wanted to work outside the home....but my landlord/bank said I HAD to! Unreasonable lot they are! I always just wanted to take care of a man and have time to write, play my guitar...maybe even paint. Now that I'm finally presented with that opportunity, I'm gonna drink it all up.....reminds me of something I posted on Facebook...

"Dear Optimist, Pessimist & Realist....

While you guys were busy arguing about the glass of water....I drank it.

Sincerely, the Opportunist."

I know...slightly "off topic". Azureth....Feel free to call TSA. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoesGirl View Post

I know...slightly "off topic". Azureth....Feel free to call TSA. LOL
    Hey now, do that again and I may just have to, I'm sure I can find someone that checks everything! Don't want a butt bomber!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast