AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bag stolen - all money, ids, phones gone - happy to be home!

MOONBEAM Guest

Bag stolen - all money, ids, phones gone - happy to be home!

Woah! It's been a horrible traumatic evening. I was out having a drink at the pub to reward myself for having made some money selling my train ticket, celebrating Friday, happy to see the WE, and I turned around and my bag was gone.

Ironically, I am the luckiest woman in the world, as I could get home with a note from the police to get free transportation, my friend was still up to open the door to the building, I could break into my flat by throwing my weight on the door. I have nothing left, literally. Zero money, no means of transportation, no phones nothing.The woman at the police station kept saying, is there someone you'd like to call and I was like: I have no one.

I walked to the Police Station sobbing, no one helped. The management at the pub had me wait 30 minutes because the manager was on break and was the only one to call the police, in the end, they said they couldn't dial 999 and I had to walk to the police station; i couldn't find it and had to go back to get directions a second time....

Blessed to have a roof over my head and being warm.

Bless the internet that I can still communicate.

The universe is trying to tell me something, to take my identity and means of communication away, to take my means of survival away. I was so proud of myself that I had made some money today; and all I made is gone, as well as my money for next week.

I refuse to see this in a negative light, and I am expecting good things to happen. It already has, as my friends in the building asked me over for breakfast and said they'll lend me money to tie me over.

I might be wrong, but I kept thinkinng I'm such a lovely person, good things will counterbalance the negativity of this event.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    I'm so sorry MOONBEAM....in perspective, I feel grateful. My Blackberry is still sitting in front me, and I have food and my guitar. I have friends and family who adore me. I know how it feels when your world is turned upside down, but you will get through this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Moonbeam, you are a lovely person. I am so sorry that this happened to you. That was awful!

I am glad that your neighboors are helping. Do you have food at home?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry about what happened. Were there any credit cards in your purse? I hope your neighbors let you use the phone in case you need to call any emergency numbers to get cards blocked (so that they cannot be misused).

Just MiMi is offline Senior Member

You will make it!

Moonbeam,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. What has happened to our world? Thieves, and the manager was on break????

I'm having the same problem..... no family. Everyone I depended on died while I was overseas. My children are busy and I seldom hear from them.

Are there any agencies that can assist you like Salvation Army, etc? A church with a food bank?

You will be in my prayers and come out of this a stronger person.

Blessings,
    MiMi

MOONBEAM Guest

Thank you for your kind support.

I'm having the same problem..... no family. Everyone I depended on died while I was overseas. My children are busy and I seldom hear from them.
    So sorry you had to go through tough times like this, justmimi. It's tough when you lose your support system.Your children hopefully will step in in case of emergency.People are so busy these days!

I'm a strong person, but this episode made me realise how vulnerable I am right now, and how the smallest negative impact can spin my life out of control. What scared me the most was to have been seen as a target.

The traumatizing thing was to be treated like I was an inconvenience by the management of the pub.I'm irritated by people asking me how come I had my passport in the bag, how come I had cash, how come this, how come that...it's like: why should I be blamed for the bad things that happen? It was in a touristy area where that sort of things happen all the time.

When my own brother stole from me : my friends then also had to chirp in with their comments about how come I didn't secure my home, etc, etc...Only one asked if I needed money!

My friends in the building lent me some cash for the weekend and a phone to use as pay as you go until next week, I'm seeing another friend tonight, since I will be able to pay for transportation. I need to take my mind off those concerns, before I go mad.

I have another 12 days before my contract at work expires, and will get my last paycheck in 12 days, though all the money I had in the bag was to live for those 12 days!

Thankfullly my present job, though terribly boring and in a very negative environment, provided a very good salary that helped me pay up most of my debt, all I need is to find another job to keep on track. I'm not destitute, thank God, but I can see that the abyss is not that far, so caution must be applied.

It's spring here and the sun is shining. I just want to enjoy where I am and who I am without some dark clouds of worry.

walkersam is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry Monnbeam, that's terrible. They will get theirs that is for sure. Maybe your purse will show up even though the money won't be there so you can at least get your passport back.

Just remember if it doesn't kill you, it only makes you stronger and you will survive the challenge.

1love is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear this, Moonbeam. It's nice that you can count your blessings when you have lost all that! The best part is, you are still alive.

Last week a young guy in my photography class was driving in a rural area looking for a bridge for a panorama photo. He was hunched down with his camera on the tripod taking photos when three thugs came up behind him and beat him down with a wrench and their fists. They took his wallet, stomped his cell phone, broke his laptop, and left him bleeding on the bridge. However, the did not harm his camera. Luckily, some construction workers found him and called for an ambulance. He had to have huge rows of stitches on both sides of his head. Everyone was so shocked because it's not something you would expect to happen in a rural farming community.

Hope you will be ok!
    I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party! ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Isn't it funny how the victim is often portrayed as the criminal? What good could it possibly do you to start waving fingers at you? What the management said to you was terribly insensitive. I always believed that when you are trustworthy, you also extend trust to others.

On the other hand....that sign on my old boss's office door comes to mind.....

"Trust everyone.....but cut the cards."

How sad that we have to learn caution from the dishonesty of others.

MOONBEAM Guest
    Last week a young guy in my photography class was driving in a rural area looking for a bridge for a panorama photo. He was hunched down with his camera on the tripod taking photos when three thugs came up behind him and beat him down with a wrench and their fists. They took his wallet, stomped his cell phone, broke his laptop, and left him bleeding on the bridge. However, the did not harm his camera. Luckily, some construction workers found him and called for an ambulance. He had to have huge rows of stitches on both sides of his head. Everyone was so shocked because it's not something you would expect to happen in a rural farming community.
    The world is going mad! It used to be that small towns and rural areas were safe. Unfortunately, the display of any kind of possession is now a reason to be attacked and robbed.

I went to the pub to celebrate having made some money selling my train ticket...I had also bought some nice make up and was so happy to have the ability to treat myself. I also wanted to be social and talk to people, which I can't do at my job as it is so stuffy and miserable.

Thank God I had good people to help me and a good brain to rely on. I went to Whole Foods today and returned 50 pounds worth of merchandise I was too ashamed to return before. I bought some nice food for the week.

How sad that we have to learn caution from the dishonesty of others.
    Yes, so true. I am ready to learn from positive events now universe...thank you for sending amazing people and happy endings to make me believe in the good in people and life and learn from abundance.
    Angel likes this.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    I'm so glad that things are looking up for you. It's a start, right?

MOONBEAM Guest

Things are looking up.

My work contract has been extended til the end of this month! More jail time means more money.

I kept saying: if only I could work until the end of March...and there it is... so someone is looking out for me somewhere...

It also means I can use my benefits and get private healthcare for another 3 weeks, which is great since I might require an knee operation. Though I think my body breaking down is a warning sign that I just need to stop.

Went to work today and ended up in tears. People are so cold and funny here, they were asking if I wanted a sweet cup of tea...It doesn't get more Brit than that! I felt like :"now, can you give me a sweet new life and quit offering me your bloody tea because you feel uncomfortable with a display of emotions...where are the hugs?"
    Angel likes this.

chi77 Guest
    Moonbeam you are one of the most insightful posters on here.

I am torn between believing everything happens for a reason and that the universe is completely indifferent. I choose whichever suits me at the time.

When I am surrounded by negativity I determine to have a positive affect (effect? - **** I can never get that one straight) rather than letting the opposite happen. I think you do that too. Perhaps you are a warm ray of sunshine in those cold peoples lives and they just don't know how to let you know other than asking if you want a cup of sweet tea.

You gonna make it the 12 days now?

Hug from me.

MOONBEAM Guest
    When I am surrounded by negativity I determine to have a positive affect (effect? - **** I can never get that one straight) rather than letting the opposite happen. I think you do that too. Perhaps you are a warm ray of sunshine in those cold peoples lives and they just don't know how to let you know other than asking if you want a cup of sweet tea.

You gonna make it the 12 days now?
    That is very sweet of you! I see you are a fellow veggie! Yeah!

I wish I was a ray of sunshine, but most of the time I'm a ball of stress with the occasional smile from the soul. I don't know if these people even like me, or are fake nice.It's very corporate and follow the rules. I think it might be that ifyou don't offer someone tea and comfort you are not providing a good working environment...

In any case, it was comforting, though they asked me if I needed a place to go so as not to be crying in front of other people. Strange how you have to hide your most human emotions...

I am like you, I decide to believe what is most empowering and positive.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Just wanted to give you some hugs:

Being a victim of someones greed sucks. Keep focusing on the good. Sounds like it is responding. Not in a large traumatic way like losing your purse, but in smaller yet equally meaningful ways. If you were closer I'd let you raid my cupboards.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast