AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CrazyLove

Thread: A called from a SIL

lovemytwins is offline Senior Member

A called from a SIL

Surprised call from a SIL to tell me that I should let husband attend a party she is throwing for her husband who is in the facility for alzheimer. She said that she wanted all of us to be there but couldn't afford to buy airplane tickets for everyone. I never knew about the party until I told hubby he could take one kid with him just so that it's easier for me at home to which his sister said it wouldn't work because there will be a party he has to attend. I almost told her I have my own money for tickets but I didn't want to create more drama so I just said not to worry we will figure something out.
    The twins sleep with us. Hubby and I sleep in separate rooms and we each have a child. We love to co-sleep..works great until one parent has to spend a few nights away from home, another reason it is hard for me to let him go is because I am terrified to sleep by myself at home. I want to find someone to sleep with me but all my friends are mother of young kids just like me and I don't think they will want to pack and leave their husbands at home to come sleep with me. It is hard for me to pack for a sleepover and it is embarrassing to be honest.
    I want to be mature and not play my SIL game. I want to let hubby go for two nights....I think I will survive two nights without sleep. The last time he spent 3 nights at the hospital I almost get sick from lack of sleep. I also just learned that it is not wise to make committments when you are a mom of two toddlers with no relatives near me. The twins have been sick for the longest time... my son caught a bad virus infection that lasted 15 days and now my daughter has it so I expect we won't sleep for another 10 nights at least. But things are mush easier with hubby is around.....he is so great with them that I can catch a nap or sleepin in the morning. Advice please. I am embarrassed to admit to sil that I am afraid to spend the nights at home without husband.
    Last edited by lovemytwins; 03-12-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Sorry, I mean "A Call from a SIL'.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    What does "SIL" mean?

Azureth is offline Banned
    sister in law

Sister inlaw.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I see. I was wondering what this mysterious SIL means.

Have you ever tried to take valerian or Bach flower remedies? Not on a regular basis but to get thru a special situation.
    That is about the only advice I have for right now. If you somehow can, I would let him go to the party.

Having overcome two major anxieties in my life myself, I know how anxiety feels. On a medium to long-term basis, have you taken into account getting professional help to overcome your difficulty?
    It is nothing wrong with getting help. For one area of anxiety I got professional help, and I am so grateful about the freedom I achieved thru this. And the other area I overcame thru rock-solid confrontation with what made me nervous.

gorillagirl Guest
    your husband should go alone and you should sleep with both kids. but for sure it's time for you to learn to sleep alone without being scared so, in the near future, find a way to practice that. you do NOT want to pass that phobia along to your children. it's time for you to be brave and heal that fear. good luck!

CrazyLove is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    your husband should go alone and you should sleep with both kids. but for sure it's time for you to learn to sleep alone without being scared so, in the near future, find a way to practice that. you do NOT want to pass that phobia along to your children. it's time for you to be brave and heal that fear. good luck!
    Excellent Advice!

At this rate, your kids need to start learning to sleep alone as well

Id definitely start looking at getting help to work through your phobia.

Tam
    gorillagirl likes this.