AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: casting for tv show?

chi77 Guest

casting for tv show?

did anyone else get a PM from a meg brown about casting for a tv show in LA re: successful OW/YM relationships?

Azureth is offline Banned
    Knowing hollywood it'll be more like Cougar town

haroldandmaude is offline Neophyte
    It's definitely not like cougar town...it's more of a documentary style show and we are just looking for happy couples to share their stories, nothing more. It's not going to be a reality style show...just told from the point of views of the couples! If you'd like more info then contact me, if not, no worries, we will continue our search!

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Meg is actually a casting director from TLC. She is in search of couples for a new documentary profiling couples with an age gap. She should be posting a thread about it soon, but here is what she wrote to us via the site's mailbox:

I'm a casting director at TLC in Los Angeles and we are in search of couples for a new relationship documentary profiling couples with an age gap. We are searching for older women dating younger men to share their love story and show that not all relationships look the same but they all yield the same love and happiness! I found your website and it looks great and I think it could be really helpful to us finding really great people and maybe sharing the word of your site with others as well! I'd love to chat and see about posting something about our project so those interested in sharing their story can have a way to contact us directly. We want this to be a lighthearted look into the relationship, have them share the story of how they met and then what's next for them!
    I always support the idea of getting the word out to the world about real age gap relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldandmaude View Post
    It's definitely not like cougar town...it's more of a documentary style show and we are just looking for happy couples to share their stories, nothing more. It's not going to be a reality style show...just told from the point of views of the couples! If you'd like more info then contact me, if not, no worries, we will continue our search!
    Oh, haroldandmaude, are you Meg?

haha yes, it's Meg...I wanted an account that would link back to our show email...will be posting a thread ASAP!

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    This isn't the first time someone's ever posted something like this...does anything ever really come out of these posts? Has anyone here actually ended up on a show/movie/news article?

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneperson View Post
    This isn't the first time someone's ever posted something like this...does anything ever really come out of these posts? Has anyone here actually ended up on a show/movie/news article?
    Yes, a group of members were on Oprah some years back. Our old mod, Aina, and her husband were featured in an article in Norway (where they reside). I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Good luck Meg! I hope you find couples willing to take the risk! There are multiple relationships going strong as you can see by this recent thread: Longevity: How Long Have You Been With Your YM?. That's only a very small fraction of the membership!
    Last edited by Angel; 05-08-2012 at 10:45 PM.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

chi77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldandmaude View Post
    wish i qualified....

as angel said though, there are plenty of couples here who do qualify.

good luck.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I think that my husband and I qualify but he is too private and will not go on TV or any sort of interview. He even hates that I post our picture as my AV... I even tried talking to him about it but nope, no cigar. Too bad.

joesbabygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    I think that my husband and I qualify but he is too private and will not go on TV or any sort of interview. He even hates that I post our picture as my AV... I even tried talking to him about it but nope, no cigar. Too bad.

My husband is like yours. He doesnt think that he needs any type of validation to be with me. We are who we are, like any other couple out there. There is no difference if we came from different religious backgrounds, interracial, ect. ( which is funny, because we are those too ).

I think for the most part, what I learned here was that it is the younger man who pursues the older woman, and that it is the older woman who tries quite hard not to allow this relationship to happen. But in the end, if we let go of what we perceive societys view on us, we find that we are blessed with a happy healthy relationship. Lucky us !

But I know my husband wouldnt go and talk about it, only because he doesnt view us any differently and therefore doesnt need to validate.

I would do it though, mostly to help the woman who are like us. I dont mean any offence here, but I know there are women who like YM only because they are younger, Im not sure if its because they make them feel young again, for me, and alot of us here, it just kinda happened. Its those women I would like to have hear our stories, the ones who are afraid to love because of their fears. The ones who have to listen to family, friends, co workers, that they are robbing the cradle, or the P word. Im sure Meri could tell a story or two. I know for me, it was ( from my ex's family only - not family nor my friends ) how it would never happen, I was dreaming, he was using me .. ect. All negitive ... thats really where the problem lies, the other people, who dont count for much in the first place, trying to get their simple closed minds into someone elses life and ideals.
    Angel likes this.

Thanks for your positive words! We really are just trying to find some great couples willing to share their happy love story so, like you said, others who might be in the same situation or trying not to be will see how happy these couples are and that there's NOTHING wrong with dating younger or older and allow themselves to be happy too! You definitely don't see enough age gap couples on TV so we are trying to change that in the most honest and FUN way possible. If any of you who aren't interested know any couples that would be please send them our way, we want to find the best! THANKS AGAIN!

Meg Brown
    Casting Director
    meghanmcdaniel@gmail.com

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Yes, a group of members were on Oprah some years back. Our old mod, Aina, and her husband were featured in an article in Norway (where they reside). I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Good luck Meg! I hope you find couples willing to take the risk! There are multiple relationships going strong as you can see by this recent thread: Longevity: How Long Have You Been With Your YM?. That's only a very small fraction of the membership!
    Oh neat! We should have a thread that links to those

whiterose said it's legit, so I trust her. Good luck with the show! I don't qualify since I'm the YW in an OM/YW relationship

Re: validation, my OM is the same way. I pointed out another AGR couple we saw on the street (didn't know them) and asked, "Isn't it nice knowing you're not the only one?" He said, "I don't really care about that. I don't need other people to validate our relationship." So it's interesting to see that other women here have had the same experience with their YMs.

I am personally hoping someone from the site will participate and show the world what we've all known all along. Plus would love to see some of our members on tv. I love TLC. I enjoy their shows and can't wait to see this one.

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    Ok Whiterose, if I tell my story one more time someone will certainly barf. Ok, here goes.

Became friends with someone 20 years younger than me when I was 41. Never thought of it as anything but a buddy relationship.

He proclaims love for me, I tell him get lost.

He enlists in Army, stationed in Italy and a year in Afghanistan. Before deployment, he comes home and we get married.

Family really mad, His father made our lives miserable and strained relationships. My daughter is only one year younger. (She an only child)

He does his four years, we see each other at the most 4 times a year and only for a week here and there.

We are both incredibly in love, I thrive, look wonderful and feel fulfilled.

He comes home, has struggles landing employment, we live life.

I am a real estate broker so we were really impacted by the economy.

Keep our house, keep standing on our feet and the future now looks great.

Married 8 years in June and he is nuts about me. I dont really understand why but he is. I love him also and think he is one of the most decent guys on the planet.

There you have it. Our story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast