AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Elliott
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins

Thread: Amusing Moment

Elliott is offline Member

Amusing Moment

I know this is random, but I can't resist sharing this. I figured no one else would appreciate it the way you guys would.

My YM and I grew up in the same city and attended the same schools. With the 17 year age gap, it's been amusing to look through each others' yearbooks to compare what teachers we had in common. He's able to see what they used to look like and I can see how kind...or unkind...the years have been to them. While talking the other day, he told me about a Middle School teacher that he had had that he hadn't liked much. Turns out she and I knew each other in High School. I'm not sure everyone my age would agree...but I think it's hysterical that one of my old classmates gave my boyfriend a string of detentions when he was a kid

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    My SO and I are from neighboring communities and attended the same combined high school...19 years apart. We had several of the same teachers in elementary, jr hi and high school. He went to school with many of my classmates' parents, and college with several of my high school teachers. It's definitely an interesting comparison/contrast. I learned more about being from that area in 6 months of being with him than I did in the 18 years I lived there.

MM
    Elliott likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Well, my OM and I grew up in entirely different states (him in Colorado, me in South Dakota). But I went to the same school as my dad. I had many of the same teachers in elementary and high school as he did, as well as my aunts and uncles.

Apparently, I was a much better student than my dad was. LOL

What was funny was when my OM and I watched Dazed and Confused together. I'd seen it before, when it first came out, but he'd never seen it. He was excited to watch it, though, because it's set on the last day of school in 1976--the year he graduated. He liked it a lot, and after we watched the movie, he had LOTS of stories and memories to tell. LOL
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    ut I thinthis is random, but I can't resist sharing this.ay, he told me about a Middle School teack it's hysterical that one of my old classmates gave my boyfriend a string of detentions when he was a kid
    That is indeed pretty funny.