AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By joesbabygirl
  • 1 Post By Blue-Angel75
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 5 Post By degausser

Thread: Lighthearted Entertainment - Looking for couples to share their stories

samaram is offline Neophyte

Lighthearted Entertainment - Looking for couples to share their stories

I am a producer in Los Angeles at Lighthearted Entertainment, a reality television production company. We are currently interested in unique romantic relationships with age gaps as a potential idea for a reality TV show. If you are interested please call me back at (818) 842-8500.

Sincerely,
    Samara Manger-Weil
    Lighthearted Entertainment
    samaralighthearted@gmail.com
    (818) 842-8500
    Last edited by samaram; 11-28-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    Is this for real or just some kind of scam.

Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    How do you know my name???

Blue Angel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Probably some kind of scam.

samaram is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Probably some kind of scam.
    This is not a scam. You can look us up at http://lighthearted.com/lighthearted.html

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    How about an international reality TV show. You could come to Panama and film here!
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    I have been approached via private message by Samara at Lighthearted Entertainment, and the problem I have with the offer is this.....

My time is valuable, and so is my privacy. Why would I share my personal romantic experiences just to give someone material for a show that may or may not materialize? I advised Samara that I won't be participating without compensation. It is not my concern if the show is sold or not. I don't work on contingency!

On the other hand, this forum is chock full of scripting material. At least she asked! ;-)

joesbabygirl is offline Senior Member
    Heres the thing that I think these people miss ... we dont think its newsworthy or entertaining. We just happen to be a couple of people who fell in love .. and we have an age difference. Honestly ... who wants to hear about that ... except people who think we must be crazy or trailer trash, who think that our lives are sooo entertaining. The real news flash is that were not. Im not going to lie here ... there was a couple on Maury on the other day .. she was like 32 or something, and he was 16. Now that is just wrong for many many reasons, but he was just in it for the sex, and because she let him do what he wants ... play xbox ... while she fed him junk food. Thats no man. Most of the YM here, are wise beyond their years, and actually take care of their women. At least the women I talk to here, this includes mine. To find a trashy couple .. I dont think that anyone looking for a newsworthy story .. should come to this site, its not what were about.

If they took the time to read through our stories, they would see that we were women who were being pursured by a man much younger, and that our insecurities were what brought us here. That we found a place where we learned that it was ok to be in this relationship, and that once we got over our insecurities, we found we were in an amazing relationship.

I love my husband, Im truly crazy about him, but he is a hard worker, a good husband, a great friend, and (in my eyes) the most beautiful man in the world. I adore him and I would do anything for him. His age has nothing to do with how I feel.

Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by joesbabygirl View Post
    Heres the thing that I think these people miss ... we dont think its newsworthy or entertaining. We just happen to be a couple of people who fell in love .. and we have an age difference. Honestly ... who wants to hear about that ... except people who think we must be crazy or trailer trash, who think that our lives are sooo entertaining. The real news flash is that were not. Im not going to lie here ... there was a couple on Maury on the other day .. she was like 32 or something, and he was 16. Now that is just wrong for many many reasons, but he was just in it for the sex, and because she let him do what he wants ... play xbox ... while she fed him junk food. Thats no man. Most of the YM here, are wise beyond their years, and actually take care of their women. At least the women I talk to here, this includes mine. To find a trashy couple .. I dont think that anyone looking for a newsworthy story .. should come to this site, its not what were about.

If they took the time to read through our stories, they would see that we were women who were being pursured by a man much younger, and that our insecurities were what brought us here. That we found a place where we learned that it was ok to be in this relationship, and that once we got over our insecurities, we found we were in an amazing relationship.

I love my husband, Im truly crazy about him, but he is a hard worker, a good husband, a great friend, and (in my eyes) the most beautiful man in the world. I adore him and I would do anything for him. His age has nothing to do with how I feel.

With a description like that...I want him too

I was also approached by this 'film maker'

I told him a funny story...ahhahahahah

Blue Angel
    1love likes this.
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Joesbabygirl hit the nail on the head I believe.

We don't see anything "newsworthy" about our relationships because we are used to them. So perhaps we can't understand why anyone wants to do a show about AGR's.

However, we tend to forget that "Joe Public" may not be as used to age gaps as we are. We've all gotten looks, comments, whispers, etc. when we are out and about with our mates (whether we notice or not). Look at the questions the newbies to this site have: the doubts, the fears, the what-will-people-think. Remember, we all were there in our own relationships at one point.

So many people look at AGRs and wonder why. They think someone has issues, one is just "using" the other, it can't be a real relationship, etc. Look at comments on news articles where celebrities are in AGR's. Many of them are not nice, and many of them are just waiting for the relationship to fail because they just know it will never work out BECAUSE of the age difference. People can't seem to fathom that AGR's are just "two people who fell in love." Hopefully, if the show that Samaram is proposing will promote "regular-couples" rather than "sensationalism," it may help people get over their misguided assumptions regarding AGR's.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I do not know what a reality show about a normal marriage between a man and a woman could bring in ways of enterntaining even if the couple has an age gap.

I thought that age gap relationships were not a fad any more anyways, after Ashton and Demi broke up.
    Angel likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

degausser is offline Senior Member
    A show about an age gap couple wouldn't entertain anyone, unless the relationship was full of age-related drama. For instance, no one wants to watch a show about my boyfriend and I ordering pizza and watching American Horror Story. Or spending the holidays with our families where no one talks about the age difference and everyone is accepting and supportive, or just polite enough to keep their opinions to themselves.

Reality TV requires unrealistic drama.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by degausser View Post
    A show about an age gap couple wouldn't entertain anyone, unless the relationship was full of age-related drama. For instance, no one wants to watch a show about my boyfriend and I ordering pizza and watching American Horror Story. Or spending the holidays with our families where no one talks about the age difference and everyone is accepting and supportive, or just polite enough to keep their opinions to themselves.

Reality TV requires unrealistic drama.
    Your last statement was the most important one....and now I realize why this whole concept rubbed me the wrong way. Reality TV??? EEEWWW!!! Nope nope nope...don't wanna be in anybody's side show!

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    When I talked to her, she said she was interested in doing a documentary sort of thing. Is this still the case?

degausser is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneperson View Post
    When I talked to her, she said she was interested in doing a documentary sort of thing. Is this still the case?
    The message sent to me was the same that she posted here - she works for a reality TV production company, and is looking to do a reality TV show about age gap relationships. That's all I know. But as soon as I hear "reality show" I cringe. They need to entertain people, so it will probably be full of cougars, gold diggers, and daddy issues

Venus - totally agree! They don't put normal people on reality shows. Because we're boring! Haha. They want side show.