AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins
  • 1 Post By chi77
  • 2 Post By Mebel
  • 1 Post By Redhead

Thread: Topic 1: Is this your mother/Topic 2: New Years Eve

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Topic 1: Is this your mother/Topic 2: New Years Eve

Topic 1: Is this your mother?

This New Years eve I attended a party at my friends's house and I was introduced to this group of friends 4 females and 1 male. Two women were young looking about late 20s or early 30s, and there was a curvy middle age woman (I assumed my age) chemically blonde, in a short dress with cleavage down there, a man about her age, and a woman with full grey hair and a granny dress. So when I am trying to figure out who is related to who I ask the curvy blonde speaking about the grey haired one, "is this your mother?". Well... foot in mouth!

It turned out grey hair had been a class mate of blondie and was actually 4 months younger. They both had children in their 40s, and the younger women were grey hair's grand daughters, and both in their early 20s.

Oh I felt so ackward.

Topic 2: New Years Eve:

Apart from the foot-in-mouth described above, I had a great time at a party in the mountains. It was a small group but very international with people from Panama, USA, Australia and Singapore. The food was likewise international with turkey, Indian rice, Vietnamese salad, fish lasagna (surprisingly delicious), broccoli with cheddar, brownies and cream cake (yummy), champagne and pina colada. And fireworks!!! Lots of fireworks!

My diet went through the window and I will dread to step on the scale tomorrow.

What did you guys do for New Years Eve?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Sheila! LOL

So how did the evening go from there?

Isn't the range of ideas that individuals have toward "aging" incredible? How can two women so close in age look so different?! There's much to be said for a flattering hairstyle and wardrobe, and "age appropriate" doesn't *have* to mean Edwardian grandma!

May I ask, did you learn anything from your experience...perhaps always lead with something neutral, such as "How did you meet?"

Happy New Year/ Prospero Año Nuevo

MM
    theREALTrish likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Azureth is offline Banned
    It is amazing how much older/younger OW can look depending on all sorts of factors. Where they smoked or did drugs when they were younger, genes, what they wear, etc. Even OW themselves as we see can have trouble differentiating. Though, even girls my age can look "old" depending on factors. I knew a family whose mother had her daughter when she was 15 and people just thought they were sisters. They both looked great. Quite interesting.

CrazyLove is offline Member
    Ooops! Ive said things like that before. :X

We spent a few hours at the hospital waiting for a friends baby to be born....then went home and watched a movie with the kids. At midnight, we handed the kids pots and wooden spoons and went out on the front porch, they had no idea what to do with them. A new unexpected first. We pounded, whistled and yelled Happy New Year!!

The kids are settling in well, we expect to finalize the adoption within the next few months.

Tam

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    We had our Christmas. The kids were with their dad for Christmas, and they came back home on the 31st. So my hubby and I just waited to celebrate Christmas when the kids came home. It was awesome! The kids loved all their gifts. I got hubby a couple of Harley shirts, a Harley wallet, and a tablet. Hubby got me a jewelry armoire and a Ruger pistol. He sure knows the way to THIS girl's heart! LOL
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I went to a theatre and saw two performances. Then I had a drink with friends and stayed there and chatted. A party started there.

@SLK
    Ooop. How did they react?

I have been close to saying something like that at least twice in my life. I used to have two bosses, we all thought they were more or less the same age. We kept saying that it will be hard when they both retire. One day we found out that one of them was only 48. We had thought he was in his early 60s.

One of my colleagues has a twin sister, and she says they are identical twins. Once I would almost have said "Are you the older one of the two of you?". It was already on the tip of my tongue.
    Her sister has a few pounds extra, and she looks younger.

chi77 Guest
    Yes LOL. I can laugh because I have done worse.

I thought my friends neighbor was a man before I was introduced. She was standing with her husband and my friend's husband, and I walked up and asked my friend's husband to introduce me to the two gentlemen. Oy that was bad.

For New Year's Eve I walked to my next-door neighbors and we had drinks and talked and played cards.

I couldn't talk them into going outside at midnight and doing like CrazyLove said they did...banging pots and pans and whistling and yelling Happy New Year. That's what we always did when I was a kid and with my kids and I loved it.

It was nice to be home and in bed 5 minutes after leaving the party.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    We had a great time at a rocking party in the house of kevin's friend. Tables full with food, salads and snacks, oliebollen and different drinks. It was above this, his restaurant so this luxery food was made 'downstairs'..and oh so good! I had bought a set fireworks, others too. So at the time supreme we danced by this heavenly fire on the balcony, and toasted with champagne. We did not mind it was raining.
    We both stayed the night,, it must have been my age( for sure the oldest there) that we had the private comfort of our own room at the attic. Long time since i had slept on an air mattress. I found other people that following morning sleeping together in the living room on couches and sofa's.

Iedereen een heel gelukkig 2013 gewenst !

Yesterday I would almost have burnt my tongue. A colleague of mine (who is definitely unter 30 years old....I guess he is around 25) had worked abroad for our company for half a year, and yesterday I saw him again for the first time. My first thought is that he looks different, but I could not figure out what it was. Finally I wished him a happy New Year, and then I said "Have you been to the hairdresser?". The moment he turned into my direction I saw that he has gotten a lot of grey hair while he was abroad and that this is why he appeared to look different. He was a bit confused and said "Yes, but this is more or less the length I have been keeping for a while.". I said "Well, maybe I had not memorized it correctly because you had been abroad for a while."

Abra is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    It is amazing how much older/younger OW can look depending on all sorts of factors. Where they smoked or did drugs when they were younger, genes, what they wear, etc. Even OW themselves as we see can have trouble differentiating. Though, even girls my age can look "old" depending on factors. I knew a family whose mother had her daughter when she was 15 and people just thought they were sisters. They both looked great. Quite interesting.
    Its not good thinking .

STD Friends
    Last edited by Abra; 01-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Today I called back a colleague who has been getting on my nerves ever since the first time I met him. (His mere existence stresses my nerves )
    I dialed the number, and then my boss came, and I put down the phone. The other person had not replied yet. My boss was worried that he had interrupted me, but I said "no worries - I was just returning a call of sb. who really got on my nerves mightily yesterday". My boss grinned. One second later that guy was standing in front of my desk.
    He cannot prove that I meant him, but I also have no regrets.
    debralee likes this.