AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: The Seduction Scene in The Graduate - Is it realistic?

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

The Seduction Scene in The Graduate - Is it realistic?

I stumbled on the seduction scene from The Graduate the other day, and after watching it it did not seem realistic to me. First, and what kinda bothered me was the number of times that Mrs. Robinson hit on and was rejected by Benjamin... but she still kept going and going.

IMHO most OW would not be so insistent and also, I wonder if many YM would not jump at the possibility of having free no-commitment booty.

Mrs. Robinson is disgusting in so many levels, but, is this how things would happen today?

How many older women today are terrified of expressing interest in a YM or accepting his interest out of fear of being considered a Mrs. Robinson?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Azureth is offline Banned
    Depends, is the OW/YM on a cougar cruise? lol.

I can't imagine there are that many OW like that. One thing to note is that, despite the media insinuating that every man would just loved for tons of women to just throw themselves at them, there are many guys that would get turned off by it just as a man doing the same to a woman.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    In Latin America us women are used to men throwing themselves at us. I even think that men make a list of the women they meet so they make sure they have not neglegted any in their flirting. It does not turn me off, as I consider it an art to turn a man down while avoid hurting his ego.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

RadoG60 is offline Senior Member
    I think also keeping in mind his personality, along with the year it was made plays a huge role.
    Hes a naive boy, living at home, no experience, insecure about himself and his future, and his turning her down wasnt very convincing....it was clear he was nervous and unsure.
    An age gap relationship is still taboo to society today, let alone back then when things were more hidden.

But I agree, the whole thing seems unrealistic, but when I watched the movie, I could see how it could happen that way.

Abra is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    In Latin America us women are used to men throwing themselves at us. I even think that men make a list of the women they meet so they make sure they have not neglegted any in their flirting. It does not turn me off, as I consider it an art to turn a man down while avoid hurting his ego.
    What you wanted to say .

STD Friends
    Last edited by Abra; 01-12-2013 at 01:32 AM.