AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By thatoneperson
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 2 Post By thatoneperson

Thread: POF No Longer Allowing Messages Between People With 14+ Year Age Gap

Triumphrider is offline Member

POF No Longer Allowing Messages Between People With 14+ Year Age Gap

I heard today that Plenty of Fish is no longer allowing people with a fourteen or more year age gap to message each other. The idea is to make the site more about relationships than hook ups.

Obviously, I think this is discriminatory between those of us who seek out age gap relationships. The woman I am seeing is fifteen years older than me. We met on a dating site. It takes a whole lot to offend me but inferring that my relationships are only about hook-ups crosses that line.

YesToLove is offline Neophyte
    I know. I was reading the pof forums about that fiasco all day. I wanted to say something about it here -- you beat me to it.

I was messaging someone 20 years younger for several weeks. That fizzled out last month. I messaged him today to say this is what was happening, before the mass email was sent out, and before the owner made it for everyone, not just the men.

I'm glad I'm not seriously looking from that site. Forums only.

Also, one of his reasons is that he can't get the programming correct to have profile owners set their own age limits on the mobile device app. So that's why he resorted to this tactic.

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    Yeah because it's not like 20 somethings would ever seek to only have hookups with other 20 somethings That's bogus, and I'm glad I'm not on that site.
    pinkunicorn likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Wow, that is total discrimination against those who are just seeking love without age constraints. For example, I would never purposely seek someone with a large age gap, but what if we meet in a forum in the site and we like each other? Like my husband and I. I was definitely not looking for a 21 yr age gap.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Azureth is offline Banned
    POF is pretty stupid, especially since it asks you to pay for premium services.

Inamorata is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I just saw this post after I posted my own thread. Please read it. The title says it all. POF ruined my weekend!!!

I liked POF because I could just talk to adult men of any age but not anymore. Can anyone suggest a good site?

Azureth is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Inamorata View Post
    Oh, I just saw this post after I posted my own thread. Please read it. The title says it all. POF ruined my weekend!!!

I liked POF because I could just talk to adult men of any age but not anymore. Can anyone suggest a good site?
    okcupid is good. But please refrain from posting pictures of you in your undies/bikini in your bathroom at an odd angle pics I see so often. Not saying you would, just making a statement.

Inamorata is offline Senior Member

Lol!

Thanks for the suggestion... and I promise, no photos of me in my undies, lol.

melodioussoul is offline Neophyte
    Dang, that sucks. Yeah, I was definitely talking to and trying to find an older woman on that site. Thankfully, I found her on DateHookup though. There seem to be many women interested in age gaps on that site, at least that I find in my own experience.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    okcupid is good. But please refrain from posting pictures of you in your undies/bikini in your bathroom at an odd angle pics I see so often. Not saying you would, just making a statement.
    Also, do not take pictures with a messy room as a background. Or weird posters.
    1love likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Also, do not take pictures with a messy room as a background. Or weird posters.
    Don’t Be Ugly By Accident! OkTrends