AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: POF ruined my weekend!!! Brutal age gap bigotry.

Inamorata is offline Senior Member

POF ruined my weekend!!! Brutal age gap bigotry.

So I'd been on Plenty of Fish (POF) since January and I'd had some wonderful dates with some wonderful young men. This weekend I was supposed to meet a very shy but sweet young man to go for coffee and a walk in the park...

All of a sudden, out of the blue, POF sends out a message that in order to keep them from being a "Hook Up" site they were no longer going to allow anyone to contact someone more than 14 years younger or older than themselves. Why? People already have the option on that website of blocking messages from people of any particular age or age group. To make matters worse, they immediately started blocking everyone so I couldn't even send a message to this guy to give him my phone number since we could no longer send messages. This is someone I've been talking to for months! Obviously he's happy talking to me.

And, as if things couldn't get any worse, they send everyone who sends me a message, a message saying that "this user" does not accept calls from anyone in this age group. It's not me! It's them! And they won't even tell people that. *seethes with appropriate anger*

I got the bright idea of changing my profile to friends so I could let him know that it wasn't me rejecting him, it was POF but by the time I thought of that he had deleted his profile.I know he's very hurt because it was hard for him to ask someone out, especially an older woman that he found very attractive. I am really upset with POF's obvious bigotry toward age gap relationships. For heaven's sake, I had an amazingly happy marriage to a man who was more than 14 years younger than me. Never woulda happened on POF now.

And one more terrible thing... the only guys who approach me for "hook ups only" are guys my own age so thanks POF, you are protecting me from NOTHING!

graybits is offline Neophyte

Red face well don`tworry everyone should try this ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Inamorata View Post
    So I'd been on Plenty of Fish (POF) since January and I'd had some wonderful dates with some wonderful young men. This weekend I was supposed to meet a very shy but sweet young man to go for coffee and a walk in the park...

All of a sudden, out of the blue, POF sends out a message that in order to keep them from being a "Hook Up" site they were no longer going to allow anyone to contact someone more than 14 years younger or older than themselves. Why? People already have the option on that website of blocking messages from people of any particular age or age group. To make matters worse, they immediately started blocking everyone so I couldn't even send a message to this guy to give him my phone number since we could no longer send messages. This is someone I've been talking to for months! Obviously he's happy talking to me.

And, as if things couldn't get any worse, they send everyone who sends me a message, a message saying that "this user" does not accept calls from anyone in this age group. It's not me! It's them! And they won't even tell people that. *seethes with appropriate anger*

I got the bright idea of changing my profile to friends so I could let him know that it wasn't me rejecting him, it was POF but by the time I thought of that he had deleted his profile.I know he's very hurt because it was hard for him to ask someone out, especially an older woman that he found very attractive. I am really upset with POF's obvious bigotry toward age gap relationships. For heaven's sake, I had an amazingly happy marriage to a man who was more than 14 years younger than me. Never woulda happened on POF now.

And one more terrible thing... the only guys who approach me for "hook ups only" are guys my own age so thanks POF, you are protecting me from NOTHING!

I agree that POF have bben totally unfair and very stupid.. I enjoyed POF until they introduced the age gap problem and now that they have ended INTIMATE ENCOUNTERS
    POF is pretty useless to me and I expect plenty of other people feel the same ..
    Last edited by SheLikesKitties; 06-06-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Advertising a personal site. Reference removed