AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By LoisLane
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 3 Post By truckman
  • 1 Post By Percy
  • 2 Post By LoisLane
  • 1 Post By thatoneperson
  • 2 Post By LoisLane
  • 1 Post By trolleycar

Thread: Elves fixed my car...

LoisLane is offline Member

Elves fixed my car...

Just wanted to share this.....So a few weeks ago some kids walked past my car, which was parked outside my house, and ripped off one of my wing mirrors. The plastic inside snapped so i couldn't just push it back on, it needed replacing. I have been taping it on as i haven't had the money to get it fixed.

However, yesterday i come home from work and as i walk past my car i notice that it has been repaired. I walked into my house and then walked out again as i thought i was going mad. I looked again this morning, yep its definitely been fixed. But who did it?? It definitely wasn't my partner, (he said he kind of wished it had been him but he had no idea how to repair it lol)no one in my family would think to come by and do that, and i don't have any friends who actually know that it got ripped off. I don't see much of my neighbours and we live in the kind of the street where people don't really have much to do with each other, i generally keep myself to myself.

I am completely stumped. But really amazed and humbled that someone would think of doing that for me. They have saved me money i really don't have right now and taken a small weight off my mind.

All i keep thinking of is the elves and the shoemaker story!!!

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Wow, that is awesome, maybe the kids broke it by accident and felt bad and found a way to fix it?
    Angel likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Wow, that is awesome, maybe the kids broke it by accident and felt bad and found a way to fix it?
    Nice theory but those kids were seen kicking it off, they have done that to a few cars down our street over the last year or so,along with smashing car windows. So unless one of them had an attack of conscience i think its unlikely. the mystery continues....

truckman Guest
    About 35 years ago, when I was in my early teens, a friend and I decided it would be "funny" to blow up a mailbox. We picked one at random, made our "bomb", and set it off. The metal mailbox didn't explode, but all the paint burned off as our "bomb" just burned out of control with no bang. My friend and I were disappointed, we hung out a little longer, then parted ways to head home.

Unfortunately, the news of our bad deed reached our fathers before we got to our respective homes, so after our fathers gave us the (typical of those days) "you embarrass me" beating, our fathers brought us to Rickels (out of business, Home Depot replaced them) and my friend and I had to buy (1) mailbox, (1) mailbox post, (4) bags of quickcrete, and we spent the early evening into late evening digging out the old mailbox post, setting it in concrete, and installing the new mailbox on top of that.

With body's sore from beatings and slave labor, our allowances gone for months from the cost, my friend and I didn't blow up any more mailboxes.

Maybe, someone saw who broke your mirror and it got back to one of the kids fathers who is "old school" like mine.

VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing as Truckman. I grew up with 2 wonderful little brothers, but in moments of weakness...perhaps trying to impress their friends....(I double-dog dare ya!)...they pulled some pretty dumb stunts. Word would get back to my stepdad, and there was some atonement to be paid for sure. I really hope that was the case, because whoever fixed your mirror has a father or mother with some fine parenting skills.

Percy is offline Senior Member
    I think Gizmo fixed it lol!

LoisLane likes this.

Live life...instead of trying to control it......through non resistance...non judgement and non attachement.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    It would be something if the kids who did it actually fixed it, I think it's not so far fetched, every now and then even the baddest of the bad have a moment of good and can do nice things. It could have also been someone who did see what happen, noticed it wasn't being fixed by you and decided to take matters into their own hands.

Acts of kindness that are unknown can leave us stomped but it shows that there are still good people in the world who do nice things for people for no other reason than to just be nice.

debralee is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE stories about anonymous and spontaneous acts of kindness. Thank you for sharing this.
    ​​"Life is an adventure, not a prison sentence."

Hehe i love the idea that Gizmo fixed it!!

Seriously though yes i guess i shouldnt rule out that there are some old school parents out there who may have found out and then made the kids that broke it come back and fix it..i guess you never know.

But yes, random acts of kindness are awesome and this has really put a smile on my face and somehow made the whole week so far seem like an extra good one

I still would love to know who did it, just so i can thank them but i also kind of like the idea of it remaining a mystery!
    Percy and thatoneperson like this.

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisLane View Post
    I still would love to know who did it, just so i can thank them but i also kind of like the idea of it remaining a mystery!
    I suspect it's someone who frequently sees your car. You could always leave a little note on your car or use window paint to thank them
    LoisLane likes this.

So i found out who my elf was. I saw a neighbour outside earlier and asked him if he had seen anyone repairing my mirror. He grinned and said that he had seen me trying to tape it up on several occasions and seeing as he had been able to fix his mirror when vandals did the same to his car, he decided to give it a go with mine.

I was really glad to have the chance to thank him and tell him how he had made my day when i found it fixed. What a nice man!
    debralee and Faith like this.

Unoriginal is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisLane View Post
    So i found out who my elf was. I saw a neighbour outside earlier and asked him if he had seen anyone repairing my mirror. He grinned and said that he had seen me trying to tape it up on several occasions and seeing as he had been able to fix his mirror when vandals did the same to his car, he decided to give it a go with mine.

I was really glad to have the chance to thank him and tell him how he had made my day when i found it fixed. What a nice man!
    That's pretty cool.

I can't believe people actually thought that the kids that destroyed it in the first place had some sort of attack of conscience and decided to fix it.

trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    I had something like Lois Lane had happen with the repair of her car.
    On Thursday I had an appointment with my doctor.
    When I started the car My gas Gauge showed half way between Half and one quarter of a tank.
    Whew I came out after the doctors appointment and start the car's gas gauge now showed just a little over three Quarters of a tank.
    I did not stop for gas in fact I did not have the cash to buy any gas.
    The only thing can Account for the extra gas ?
    I most have had a visit from the good Gasoline Fairy. I wonder if there is a good Tire Fairy ,as I need to replace all four tires.
    If any of you all happen the know the e-Mail address for the good Tire Fairy I will be grateful.
    Inamorata likes this.