AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By Azureth
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins
  • 1 Post By melodioussoul
  • 1 Post By degausser
  • 1 Post By NY10
  • 2 Post By YesToLove
  • 1 Post By fiorinda
  • 2 Post By fiorinda

Thread: What I love about myself and my life!

fiorinda Guest

What I love about myself and my life!

I just noticed a thread called something like 'why I hate my life/body'. I started reading it incredulously, but had to stop because it was making me depressed! So I decided to start a new thread where we can share the good things about our lives, and hopefully about ourselves! I can't STAND to see or hear people focussing on the bits of themselves they like least, especially when they say things like 'I have ugly this or that' and 'I hate my such and such'!!

Imagine being with your very best, most loved friend, and saying to her or him "dear god, you're ugly! You're so fat, your legs are gross! You'll never get a partner looking like that! You're such a loser!". If it's not OK to say it to someone else it oughtn't to be OK to say it to yourself!

So, come one! What are your GOOD points?! Do you have a beautiful singing voice, or pretty feet or sexy shoulders? Are you strong? Can you see trees from your house windows? Does your mother love you? EVERYONE must have something positive to focus on, I want to know about it!!

Azureth is offline Banned
    Can the men post what is great about our O/YW? If so, I love my girls attitude towards life. She really goes and gets it and will stand up for herself; she's not timid at all. She's also generous and kind and help those and even donates her time and money to help people and she's about to be 19!

Physically, I love everything about her, from top to bottom, but in particular her legs, especially now that it's summer and she has been getting into skirts and stuff

Just a very amazing woman overall!
    christina923 likes this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    I have pretty feet.

MM
    fiorinda likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

melodioussoul is offline Neophyte
    I love having so many things I'm so ambitious about and see myself pursuing and being successful with. I love having an amazing family and friends who support me.
    fiorinda likes this.

fiorinda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Can the men post what is great about our O/YW? If so, I love my girls attitude towards life. She really goes and gets it and will stand up for herself; she's not timid at all. She's also generous and kind and help those and even donates her time and money to help people and she's about to be 19!

Physically, I love everything about her, from top to bottom, but in particular her legs, especially now that it's summer and she has been getting into skirts and stuff

Just a very amazing woman overall!
    Lovely words, Azureth, but what about some positives about yourself?

degausser is offline Senior Member
    I like the "what I hate about my life/body" thread because it's more...practical? Not to be conceited, but I could sit here all day talking about the things I love about myself and my life. I believe there's more positive in my life than negative. That's why it's fun to have a place to vent about the negatives.
    gorillagirl likes this.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    I love the people in my life. As of late I have not been my best, my attitude towards life and those around has truly sucked and yet everyday I get calls and texts and messages from the people who love me most encouraging me, helping me and motivating me. It's not easy to find true love from people, a SO, friends, family. I have some amazing people in my life and the one's who have stuck by me in the last year have truly been the reason I have been able to continue on thus far.
    fiorinda likes this.

YesToLove is offline Neophyte
    I love that I know that the thoughts you think, bring on more thoughts-in-kind, which create an emotional vibration, which brings into your life the types of experiences you've been attracting through your thoughts/emotional vibration.
    gorillagirl and theREALTrish like this.

fiorinda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by degausser View Post
    I like the "what I hate about my life/body" thread because it's more...practical? Not to be conceited, but I could sit here all day talking about the things I love about myself and my life. I believe there's more positive in my life than negative. That's why it's fun to have a place to vent about the negatives.
    That's fine, but too many people only ever see the negatives in themselves. We all need to vent about the stuff that gets us down, but I believe that calling ourselves bad names and focussing on the things we dislike about ourselves is very unhealthy.
    Faith likes this.

fiorinda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YesToLove View Post
    I love that I know that the thoughts you think, bring on more thoughts-in-kind, which create an emotional vibration, which brings into your life the types of experiences you've been attracting through your thoughts/emotional vibration.
    EXACTLY why I think it's important to offer ourselves positive thoughts, YesToLove!

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    WOOT! some common sense! i too disliked the other thread...it was so petty. i had posted a picture of a larger hand holding a smaller hand of an obviously starving person with the caption "you hate your life, while others dream of having your life."

what i love about my life...i woke up today! a whole new beginning!

gorillagirl Guest
    The thread was started by me (in chit chat) in response to some folks whining in threads that didn't really have a great category...yanno? Like griping about non-relationship issues under OW/YM or vice-versa. So it was just a clear assigned place to gripe.
    That said, the best thing about ME is...hmmmm... my resilience.

fiorinda Guest
    I'm all for a good ol' moan, I've got a Masters in complaining!! You should see my Facebook rants about public transport idiocy!!

Just thought it would be nice to have the other side of the coin. And I LOVE to see people go 'actually, I am pretty good, I can do this and this really well, and this is great about me'.

I yo-yo dieted for about 15 years until I discovered an organisation called Beyond Chocolate, which, amongst many other things, teaches you how to stop being vile to yourself and saying horrible things to yourself about your own body. Once you're aware of it, it becomes REALLY hard to listen to other people doing the same thing to themselves!!
    gorillagirl and Faith like this.