AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

View Poll Results: Would you like to keep the 2 separate Chit Chat sections?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like the separate OW/YM & YW/OM Chit Chat sections

10 52.63%
  • No, I would like for it to be a single Chit Chat section

9 47.37%
  • Other (please explain in your post)

0 0%
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By degausser
  • 2 Post By gorillagirl
  • 1 Post By Faith
  • 2 Post By Faith
  • 1 Post By theREALTrish
  • 2 Post By MissMuffins
  • 3 Post By Faith

Thread: Chit Chat

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Chit Chat

This is a poll to see if people would like to have two Chit Chat sections (OW/YM & YW/OM) or a single Chit Chat section.
    The only advantage I see of having two sections is that it allows two topics to be featured on the boards at the same time, which is useful for people who do not use the "New Posts" feature and only read what's on the board at the time.
    Maybe you could comment on the pros and cons of either idea.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

degausser is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea of having just one Chit Chat section. It seems like most of the topics in Chit Chat aren't relationship related, and if they are, aren't usually OW/YM or YW/OM specific.

I think there's a real benefit to separate Relationship Support/Sexually Speaking sections. For instance, a YW or OM might come on looking for threads about the YW being perceived as a bimbo and the OM being perceived as a sugar daddy. Or the OM having erectile dysfunction. You know, things specific to that particular type of age gap. However, I don't see that need with Chit Chat.

I also agree with the suggestion of the singular Chit Chat being titled General Fluff. And the logo being edited to, "Ageless Love: Helping You Pluck Age Gap Daisies Since (year incorporated)."

AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by degausser View Post
    I like the idea of having just one Chit Chat section. It seems like most of the topics in Chit Chat aren't relationship related, and if they are, aren't usually OW/YM or YW/OM specific.

I think there's a real benefit to separate Relationship Support/Sexually Speaking sections. For instance, a YW or OM might come on looking for threads about the YW being perceived as a bimbo and the OM being perceived as a sugar daddy. Or the OM having erectile dysfunction. You know, things specific to that particular type of age gap. However, I don't see that need with Chit Chat.

I also agree with the suggestion of the singular Chit Chat being titled General Fluff. And the logo being edited to, "Ageless Love: Helping You Pluck Age Gap Daisies Since (year incorporated)."
    I know I'm still rather new here, but I like this idea

gorillagirl Guest
    oops, my sister's cat just sat on my laptop and voted for KEEP SEPARATE but i like the "only one" section. So my 1 vote for keep separate was actually the footprints of a black cat named Willow.
    pinkunicorn and MissMuffins like this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    oops, my sister's cat just sat on my laptop and voted for KEEP SEPARATE but i like the "only one" section. So my 1 vote for keep separate was actually the footprints of a black cat named Willow.
    This is so funny!
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    Where would we put it? Under the "Ageless Community" section, perhaps?
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

gorillagirl Guest
    same "parent category" with the den, "discussion zone."

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkunicorn View Post
    Where would we put it? Under the "Ageless Community" section, perhaps?
    I like this idea. Put it near the top since it always has the most activity and the most chatter.
    theREALTrish likes this.
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

soul is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to be a rebel and say I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    I'm going to be a rebel and say I don't care
    LOL, soul! Walkin' on the wild side.

Well, so far there are a few more votes to keep the two separate forums rather than to have only one. The weird thing is, none of those status-quo voters has posted any comments about why they want to keep the status quo. Which makes me wonder if they're only lurkers who don't post at all...? Hmm.....
    theREALTrish and ukfireball like this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I've been an Ageless member since 2002. I left for awhile, for personal reasons, then came back and rejoined. I didn't post much but I've always kept up with all the posts.
    I remember when there was just one Chit Chat section. It worked out just fine because it brought everyone together to talk about any particular subject.

I suppose there are some subjects that might apply more to certain ages (personally, I don't get gaming....but I'm really on the older side....lol) but I think that, for the most
    part, we all have something to share with each other when it comes to general subjects. I think we learn from each other in every section of the forum. I'll definitely add my
    two cents when I feel it's necessary.

From my Ageless experience, a unified Chit Chat section worked just fine. It actually caused people to meet that might not have because they were only posting in their
    particular age gap area. I made wonderful friends, who I still treasure over ten years later.
    mskitty likes this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    I think it would be good to have one Chit Chat board. It fosters a greater sense of community, whereas separate Chit Chat boards could promote an "us" and "them" mentality in a less cohesive group than ours.

Most of the people who post in one Chit Chat post in the other. I think it'd be just fine within "Ageless Love Community" or "Home, Health and Family."

MM
    gorillagirl and mskitty like this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

*BUMP*

So far, not one single status-quo voter has posted one single reason for keeping the two ChitChats separate. Speak up, or forever hold your peace.

I am still strongly in favor of combining them into one ChitChat for everybody.

I am also strongly in favor of members being mindful of NOT abusing the ChitChat section by writing about relationship issues there, or sexual issues, or controversial issues, such as spiritual beliefs, politics, etc. Those posts belong under other categories.