AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: things that make you go hmmmm.....

christina923 is offline Senior Member

things that make you go hmmmm.....

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Is this still going on?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

SLK... there were clips from 2013 in the video. to what extent this is still going on, i don't know. but it sure is strange.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    'The Hum', reports of a low-frequency accoustic humming or buzzing, have been cropping up around the world since at least the 1940's.

These Wikipedia and BBC articles list some locations and suggested causes.

The Hum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC News - Who, What, Why: Why is 'the hum' such a mystery?

There has been a claim that amourous fish are the cause: Mystery hum keeping people awake may be love-making fish - Telegraph

A friend of my father was sent to investigate a widely-reported 'hum' in Bristol, England, in the late 1970's. He was an engineer working for a firm making high-sensitivity microphones and sonar gear and the directors thought that solving the 'hum' would generate good publicity. He was unsuccessful as he never heard the alleged sound and was unable to detect anything unusual with his instruments. However others report that it is still going on in 2013: BBC - Bristol - The Bristol Hum: your viewpoints

SW
    christina923 and ukfireball like this.

Another writer suggests VLF from TACAMO airbourne tranmitters could be the cause: http://www.scientificexploration.org...8_4_deming.pdf However there is little evidence that people can directly perceive VLF or any other radio frequencies.

Assuming the phenomenon really is external and accoustic, my pet theory is that it originates in the oceans, where there is a mass of millions of tons of water in motion, with the resulting energy transmitted to the ground (sea bed and/or shore) possibly causing vibrations which due to geological conditions may be amplified and detectable at the surface at considerable distances inland (e.g. folds in rock layers deep underground acting as echo chambers and directing faint ground movements to areas on the surface). That Bristol lies near the apex of the roughly funnel-shaped Bristol Channel inlet of the Atlantic and has a highly unusual hot spring, implying a route for water from deep underground to the surface, might be factors in the notorious 'Bristol Hum'.

SW
    christina923 and ukfireball like this.

gorillagirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by christina923 View Post
    what does the apocalypse have to do with it? what an odd title for this news reporting. it's probably every woman in the world using her "hitachi magic wand."

my (ex) husband and i heard a humming noise late at night for years while they were completing this tunnel about 6 miles away but nothing since the tunnel was completed.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/dslide/
    Last edited by gorillagirl; 12-02-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    what does the apocalypse have to do with it?
    Indeed. A faint persistent drone is not the sound I would associate with apocalyptic events.

NB - another possiblility, along apocalyptic lines, is a side-effect of global warming: the sound being generated due to rock layers moving (very slowly and slightly, at small fractions of a millimetre per year, but with a huge weight of rock and therefore quantity of kinetic energy involved) following the removal of the weight of glacial ice masses due to their melting. Such noises, in effect groans of stressed rock, might surface far from the area affected by the ice removal.

SW

well...because its end times GG...geez!

SW... hmmm...jury is out on the global warming ... Global warming 'pause' may last for 20 more years and Arctic sea ice has already started to recover | Mail Online
    yes, i realize they say "pause"... but it is a natural trend and not all that al gore BS. so maybe just from a thaw /refreeze... again and again....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2mKA1Yk91

gorillagirl Guest
    if it's end times, christina923, quit your job and don't bother paying your property, income taxes, or health insurance.

when i get a handle on the time line.

do you always take everything so seriously??
    gorillagirl likes this.

gorillagirl Guest
    there is no apocalypse

the zombies are stirring.... you have been warned.

mskitty is offline Member
    my vibrator makes me go HUMMMMM and it may be apocalyptic at times...

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Quote Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
    my vibrator makes me go HUMMMMM and it may be apocalyptic at times...
    You are so funny!!
    mskitty likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast