AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By fiorinda
  • 3 Post By pinkunicorn
  • 2 Post By christina923
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 3 Post By gorillagirl
  • 1 Post By Pickles

Thread: The beauty of centennials.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

The beauty of centennials.

This Is A Nude 100-Year-Old Body, And It's Beautiful

Interesting article. Do you find beauty there?
    I do not know if we are supposed to.
    Old age is not supperficially beautiful, and that's all we can see in those pictures.
    Unless the pictures remind us of a loved one, who was beautiful not at skin level, but inside.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Completely honestly? I don't find those photos beautiful at all. I don't think I would find close up shots of anyone's imperfections beautiful, to be honest. I might have found photos of the whole people, maybe clothed (let's face it, MOST of us look far better with our clothes on, regardless of our age!) more appealing, photos where you could see the person's face, get a feel for who they are, what they're like. But just upclose, no holds barred pictures of skin that could belong to anyone (or anything)? No.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    I agree. I think the reason the photographer found these pictures beautiful was because she got to know the model. I think if she would have shown the model's face and the life in her eyes, and showed her as a whole being--beautifully posed of course--then the photographer's audience might have been able to see this model as she saw this model.

But a collection of pictures that are just parts of a whole? No. It doesn't matter what the age of the model, it's just a bunch of body parts. There's no human connection there, and the human connection is what makes it beautiful.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    i did not find the pictures beautiful or something i wanted to look at. there was no art in these shot.
    but would i find the 100 year old beautiful...absolutely.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    To me it wasn't beautiful, like others said I wouldn't find close ups of anyone old or young beautiful.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Sorry, but this birthday card came to mind when I read the article and viewed the pictures......

Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Oh my! I wonder what came over this old woman to "dress" like that? I hope I am saner when I'm that age.
    theREALTrish likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

kilny is offline Senior Member
    I think acting sanely and properly in old age is over rated.
    Life is short, Live it with all your heart, love and passion.

It's an actual birthday card that you see in the card isle at the drug store. I always get a laugh out of it when I see it. If you Gooogle it you can find it online.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

gorillagirl Guest
    as a concept, the photos are interesting. not "beautiful" or "sexy." i am not looking forward to a 60 year old body let alone a 100 year old body. this is what pajamas are for.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkunicorn View Post
    I agree. I think the reason the photographer found these pictures beautiful was because she got to know the model. I think if she would have shown the model's face and the life in her eyes, and showed her as a whole being--beautifully posed of course--then the photographer's audience might have been able to see this model as she saw this model.

But a collection of pictures that are just parts of a whole? No. It doesn't matter what the age of the model, it's just a bunch of body parts. There's no human connection there, and the human connection is what makes it beautiful.
    I remember a picture that once came across my Facebook page, a woman whose appearance was not unlike the woman in these photos. Then I read her story. She lived in Poland during World War II and risked her life to help people flee from Hitler's concentration camps. She was responsible for countless people who otherwise would have perished fleeing to safety in other countries, many eventually coming to America. After reading the story I saw this woman in a completely different light, and she looked different to me, even physically.

Most people don't see complete strangers as beautiful in the sense that the human soul and spirit is beautiful. You have to know more about them than what their skin looks like.

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    I cant say I think the presentation so lovely. Though I am keenly interested in a person who lived so long.

My Grammy lived to 95, She had lost some spark in are home when we tried to start getting her back. In the last decade she had become overweight, 5 years later in miserable care home (that mother and I were in process of extracting her from) she had lost much weight and got saggy. Her skin was not so weathered as this subject.
    Her mother... at 98 year old had flaxen blonde hair, never dyed-only used a lemon wash all her life, that touched the floor. we grands and great-grands would help her unbraid, brush and braid again. Her hands were a ruin if compared to a 20 year old or child. She was always a small bid of a woman so had no sagging, her neck showed every month. But stood rod straight, kept her teeth pearly white. She was put in a nursing home after a bout of flu and died later that year.

I know I will be a wreck at 90 if I reach it, I did things in youth that will haunt me -sunbathing being the worst. I am no hurry to see it, thanks, I'll take my time. I have a lot of life to explore and savor still.

Just because I find no notable beauty in an aged body doesn't mean I find it ugly either. More like.. it just is. Elderly break the mold of physical perfection and finally can be judged on the inner perfection.
    I have known many elderly I thought were beautiful.. but not from close up and examine hair and pores angle. It was the intangibles. Spark in the eye, carriage of self, graciousness....
    fiorinda likes this.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

jessieh is offline Neophyte
    Gross! Thatís not a good thing to see

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    i am not looking forward to a 60 year old body ........ this is what pajamas are for.
    I was downloading some snaps of my 63 yr old and recalled this comment. Being 63 is no reason to take to pyjamas.....

The beauty of centennials.-pa170030.jpg

The beauty of centennials.-pa170023.jpg

SW

Corsair is offline Member
    I'm sorry but if everything is beautiful than nothing is beautiful.