AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By christina923
  • 1 Post By theREALTrish
  • 1 Post By NY10
  • 2 Post By theREALTrish
  • 2 Post By gorillagirl
  • 1 Post By fiorinda

Thread: Reality TV Addict

whiterose is offline Administrator

Reality TV Addict

Hi, my name is Katrina and I am a reality tv addict. Not ALL reality tv, but quite a bit. It only recently occurred to me how much reality tv I actually watch! Here are the list of shows that I watch (am totally mortified to admit some of these - don't judge me ):

Survivor (my very favorite)
    Ghost Hunters (I think that is considered reality tv??)
    The Amazing Race
    Top Chef
    Project Runway
    Under the Gunn
    Deadliest Catch
    Little People Big World
    Face Off
    Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
    Call of the Wildman
    Long Island Medium
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette
    Catfish
    Duck Dynasty
    Dance Moms
    Kim of Queens

There may be others....

Please assure me that I am not the only one who watches this mindless tv. :

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    well...i have watched every 'hoarder' show...and 'first 48 hours'. love 'cold file cases'. now i'm into the DIY shows that are available on line...as we have no cable.
    whiterose likes this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
    Hi, my name is Katrina and I am a reality tv addict. Not ALL reality tv, but quite a bit. It only recently occurred to me how much reality tv I actually watch! Here are the list of shows that I watch (am totally mortified to admit some of these - don't judge me ):

Survivor (my very favorite)
    Ghost Hunters (I think that is considered reality tv??)
    The Amazing Race
    Top Chef
    Project Runway
    Under the Gunn
    Deadliest Catch
    Little People Big World
    Face Off
    Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
    Call of the Wildman
    Long Island Medium
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette
    Catfish
    Duck Dynasty
    Dance Moms
    Kim of Queens

There may be others....

Please assure me that I am not the only one who watches this mindless tv. :
    Survivor (but not every season)
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette (I think I'm going to check out Bachelor in Paradise next month)
    Catfish (my daughter introduced me to that one. She DVRs it then I, sometimes, watch it with her)
    Long Island Medium (occasionally)
    Lots of shows on HGTV (if that's considered "reality tv"), especially HGTV Design Star
    Lots of shows on The Food Network (also, if that's considered "reality tv"), especially Next Food Network Star
    Pawn Stars ("reality tv"?) I've, also, watched that other pawn show with the father, son, and daughter. Those people are crazy.
    American Pickers
    Duck Dynasty (when I've gone to Chicago to visit my son. We, also, found one about two rival families who own car junk yards. I can't remember the name of it but it was wild)
    Big Brother-one of my favorites (including Big Brother After Dark, if I stay up late)
    American Idol (is that considered "reality tv"?)
    America's Got Talent ("reality tv"?)
    The Apprentice (whenever it's on)

There are probably some I've forgotten. I used to watch Gene Simmon's Family Jewels and Bret Michael's Rock of Love. Oh, yes, I, also, confess to, occasionally, watching Keeping up with the Kardashians (God help me for that one). Also, Real Housewives of New Jersey, sometimes. I guess I consider anything where people are being themselves, and the audience sees into their lives, "reality tv".

Feel better now, Katrina? lol!
    whiterose likes this.

AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member
    I don't watch reality TV at all really. The only ones I can think of that I like to watch are Gordon Ramsay's shows, Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef, Kitchen Nightmares, Hotel Hell.... I don't watch em consistently, but if they're on and nothing else is (which, as we don't have cable, and our antenna box thing only gets us four channels, there's a lot of nothing on, lol). Sometimes I'll watch Antiques Roadshow, if that counts, and I absolutely adore Rick Steves' travel shows on PBS, though I'm pretty sure that's more educational programming than reality TV.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    I am addicted to the ID channel and all those types of crime shows. I have to admit to watching some bad reality like The Housewives of New Jersey and even Keeping up with the Kardashians under circumstances of extreme boredom and bad weather conditions. I watched the first season of Catfish then got bored with it. Other than that I think I am reality TV safe.
    whiterose likes this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I forgot the Million Dollar Listing shows on Bravo.
    whiterose and NY10 like this.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    I watch Hoarders, American Pickers and Antiques Roadshow, too, although not sure those are reality tv.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    I forgot the Million Dollar Listing shows on Bravo.
    They are my favorite of all of them. I love MDLNY and of course Fredrik steals my heart.

gorillagirl Guest
    i don't pay for cable. i do pay for netflix streaming. i've watched weeds, breaking bad, orange is the new black, and dexter. insanity. absolutely addicting.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    We don't have TV either, but do have Netflix (like you GG). We're currently watching Orange is the new black. We watch films. We were pretty addicted to each series of Game of Thrones (watched season 4 over 3 nights) and we watched all 3 long episodes of the original Broadchurch in one night! I never watch reality TV, I don't even watch documentaries (I can't even be bothered to watch those 2 minute videos people share on Facebook - I'll happily read an article, but will very rarely watch a video). Lee watches a current affairs programme on YouTube called The Young Turks, which is really good but I just wish he'd find a similar one about British current affairs - no offence to Americans, but there's more than enough happening over here without worrying about every little thing going on over there too!
    Guess I will be watching the Channel 5 three part documentary about age gap relationships when that airs later in the year (not just because we're going to be in it!)
    gorillagirl likes this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    I watch TV, mostly because Nick watches it. When he is on a trip, I do not turn on the TV We watch Pawn Stars, Storage Wars and Treasure Hunters. (I think those are the names, since they show here under "El Precio de la Historia", "Quien da más" and "Cazadores de Tesoros" respectively). Having said that, I love some series like Madmen, I watched Breaking Bad and Lost.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

legallyblonde Guest
    I had a whopping crush on Sean Kenniff from Survivor season 1 a loonnnngggg time ago. It's over now.
    He and his wife are my FB friends!
    Ali

M&M
    M&M is offline Member
    the only reality show i enjoy is duck dynasty but its not as good lately IMO

jessieh is offline Neophyte
    I've always loved American Idol and Project Runway, pretty much the only reality TV I watch