AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Age gap documentary

fiorinda is offline Senior Member

Age gap documentary

Well, we should hopefully start filming some time this month for the age gap relationship documentary that one of the TV producers posted about on this site. It will be a 5 part series, with parts 1 and 2 airing (in the UK on Channel 5) this Autumn or Winter, and parts 3-5 next Spring. Lee and I will be the main focus of episode 3, which has a working title of 'Age gap love - the wedding'!! It's all quite exciting - we like to do new stuff.

Whilst talking to our friends about how they feel about being filmed for TV, we have realised that we actually know a fair few other age gap couples, just coincidentally. Two of my close workmates are in age gap relationships and keen to talk to the producers (one is the older woman by about 15 years and one is the younger woman by well over 20 years). My brother is married to a woman more than 20 years his junior. One of my best friends has been married to a man around 10 years older than her for 24 years. OMG!! We're everywhere!!

We're fairly confident the series will be very positive. I don't know if it will air in the US - it's possible, as some of the couples are American. I'll post a link to it as soon as one is available anyway.

We're really looking forward to our Halloween wedding, 8 weeks away this Friday!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    This is all so exciting! The wedding, plus becoming movie celebrities. If it airs in the US, I will probably get it on cable. I am curious about how the filming will work. Keep us posted.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

LoisLane is offline Member
    I am looking forward to seeing that! I will keep my eyes peeled for it.
    fiorinda likes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J3iW4gT0I8

Here's a link to the first of the 5 episodes of the documentary, on youtube so people outside the UK can watch it. We still haven't started filming our episode yet! Hopefully it should be next week though!

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Hey, this is really cool! I can't wait to get home and watch it.
    fiorinda likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

I watched it.
    It was very interesting.
    I do not think that the OW/YM side of things was too flattering.
    But at least it was respectful.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Harp girl is offline Member
    Thanks for the link! I really enjoyed watching it!
    fiorinda likes this.

gnothiseauton is offline Member
    How cool! Fun video so far; interesting people. Can't wait to see your segment, Fiorinda!
    fiorinda likes this.

Here's episode 2 on Youtube for anyone who is interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s3J-U2BvsI

We start filming on Saturday!!
    Last edited by fiorinda; 10-07-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    gnothiseauton likes this.

How exciting! You will be movie stars.

I never understood why people who believe that love should be ageless (that is, someone should love them as they age) set a low threshold for the partners they are looking for.

I think I found Joan quite sad. But I suspect she would be as peculiar no matter what her tastes. I just don't get it when women go 'they're (men are) only interested in talking to me about sex, oh woe is me' when they're presenting themselves looking like a tart in deliberately sexually provocative lingerie and poses. I think it's disingenuous to be honest. I find it hard to believe anyone is that stupid!

When I was online dating I knew I was interested in younger men, and I had a lower age limit I didn't intend to go below, but I didn't have an upper age limit. I went on dates with men aged between mid 20s and my own age. In the end, it was a man who was under my lower age limit who captured my heart!! I had never even considered that a man that much younger than me would be interested in someone my age until I met my previous boyfriend. That was when I discoverd that age really didn't matter. But looking for a life partner, I would never have considered limiting my choice by something as silly as age!
    Mélusine likes this.

Mélusine is offline Neophyte

It just happens!

A very thought provoking documentary.

Yes, I also found Joan sad and a bit a pathetic to be frank, like the older woman in the first episode.

For me it's this whole business of going shopping with a very set idea of what the man has to be like : "I am only looking for a man half my age". Like "I am only looking for a green coat and even if I find a blue one that suits me perfectly, I won't change my mind."

My reaction was: you should not go looking for it; it should just happen and it can only happen if you have an open attitude, if you don't have any prejudices as to what the "ideal man" should be like because, who knows, you may also find love with a man who is your age or older than you. And having blinkers is bound to shut off possibilities rather than open them up.

What I also found a bit off-putting about Joan and the other lone older woman was this obsession with their bodies and "sexiness' but then as the doco unfolded I found out more about Joan, the loss of her husband.

He loved her and showed it the way he loved her body, her breasts . She loved him by sharing her heart and body with him. She was just looking for a man who would love the way he did, as part of the promise she made to her husband and she focused on the physical manifestation of that love, forgetting that sexual attraction can be a manifestation of love but can also just be plain lust. And on the internet flaunting your boobs like that will get you the very young guys full of the latter...

So yes, she looked for that love, that man in the wrong place...

But lo and behold, he just turned up! And it made me think: yes, that is right; it just happens... It is about opening up to the mystery of life.
    SheLikesKitties and fiorinda like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mélusine View Post
    Like "I am only looking for a green coat and even if I find a blue one that suits me perfectly, I won't change my mind."
    Not really like that though, because you can have more than one coat in your wardrobe!!

I'm really hoping that the future 3 episodes (not airing till next Spring) will feature some older women who don't seem quite as odd. We know, but not everyone does, that if they seem odd they would do so whatever their personal situation; that they're neither odd because they're in OW/YM relationships, nor in those because they're odd. Obviously the documentary makers are limited to the people who volunteer to take part. Hopefully Lee and I will be able to show that not every OW/YM couple are weird - though he says we are weird anyway, just in a different way!!

We're starting the filming in a few hours. I think it might be quite a tiring day!!
    Pickles, Mélusine and ukfireball like this.

Woooo hoooo!
    You should have already filmed as I type this... how was it???

I think that all people in AGRs of over 10 years are odd. Meaning "out of the norm".

We have to have a certain disdain for other people's opinion to survive in an AGR. If we are too concerned about gossip or being judged we might as well not even get into one. I believe that the older ladies in the documentary have a higher degree of disdain for other people's opinion than we do, or maybe a different taste regarding clothing and make up.
    Angel, gnothiseauton and fiorinda like this.

The filming was a lot of fun!!

They said that Channel 5 had asked them to take down the Youtube versions of the show, because it broadcasts worldwide anyway. So, sorry if you've not watched it but wanted to. I'll try to find out how you can see it.
    Last edited by fiorinda; 10-07-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    ukfireball and whiterose like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast