AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By fiorinda
  • 2 Post By gorillagirl
  • 2 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By MissMuffins
  • 2 Post By Pickles
  • 3 Post By gnothiseauton
  • 4 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 2 Post By theREALTrish
  • 1 Post By jessieh

Thread: Makeup for older women

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Makeup for older women

In my humble opinion, wearing too much makeup, specially around the eyes, and lips, makes an older woman look older and less attractive, rather than younger. It draws attention to two of the areas of the face that age the worst. Now that I am older, I only wear a bit of eye liner, light color for the lips, no eye shadow or mascara, and that's it.

I got thinking about this after looking at a couple of women in the AGR documentary, I was thinking, "they would look so much better without makeup".
    Pickles and fiorinda like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    I agree, and had the same conversation with my boss and friend at work today. I also think that clinging desperately to the makeup styles of our youth long after they stop suiting us makes it obvious we're not comfortable with ourselves as we age. Sometimes you wonder if certain people actually own a mirror!! This is my face first thing in the morning with no makeup and unbrushed hair. I like wearing makeup, but I often can't be bothered with any at all - and I sometimes think my skin looks better without it!

Makeup for older women-img_20140829_110206.jpg
    Pickles likes this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

gorillagirl Guest
    i rarely wear make up...once or twice a year at most. i'm 52. Makeup for older women-amy_marco_video2mike.jpg
    Pickles and gnothiseauton like this.

You two are very pretty.

Makeup for older women-20140513_134434.jpg

This is me at work... no makeup. Just some big glasses.
    Pickles and fiorinda like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    What made me sad was when the 60-something lady with the really heavy makeup said she redoes her makeup before she goes to bed because she doesn't like how she looks and doesn't feel good about herself when she doesn't have her makeup on.

Part of me doesn't care about other peoples' makeup, because it's that person's choice and there are so many regional cultural norms about the use of cosmetics. I've seen people use a lot of makeup to achieve a very natural look, and I've seen people who managed to significantly detract from their natural appearance with the use of very little makeup. Sometimes, I see a look which brings out my respect for the technique utilized to achieve that particular look. Other times, I see something that--while recognizing the person's intent was to look "better"--makes me wonder "what was that person thinking?!"

In my personal opinion, "overdone" makeup doesn't look good on anyone of any age. I prefer a natural, "no makeup" look for my daily look, but I like "pin-up style" makeup on my own time. I'm as likely to have pinup makeup as no makeup on the weekend, or wear my everyday look. While I'm comfortable being seen with or without makeup, I no longer go to work without makeup. I go to work to earn money, and in most professional environments--including my own, supposedly "enlightened" workplace--women who don't wear makeup aren't regarded as "professional." They get passed over for promotion and pay increases, as well as the types of opportunities that lead to promotion and pay increases. I think it's bullcrap, but recognize that it's the way things are.

I think makeup faux pas stem from things like not feeling good about oneself, not updating one's look, and not understanding that there's a difference between the makeups one would wear on TV or stage, corrective makeup, and the makeup one would wear on the street.

That being said, if someone feels good in Goth makeup at age 86, in drag at 40, or in no makeup at 24, or anything in between, I'm not going to deny them that experience.

MM
    eponavet likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    I am fat right now, though a face selfie cant show it.
    I have Loreal MAGIC perfecting base on my undereye, rose oil and Carmex lip balm. My hair has henna shampoo and olive oil leave in. Still, I'll be kickin the big 5-0 next year and I look pretty presentable.

I can get puffy especially with dark under eye. and have a perma wrinkle on my neck from when I was really 2 years ago.
    I will have smokey eye makeup professionally applied. I do very light liner and thicken lashes. Rarely any color.
    My lips look pinchy sometimes if I don't remember to moisturize.
    Makeup for older women-img_0123.jpg

Too much make up, especially a dated look or color, without the matching clothing is unattractive. sometimes clownish. Regardless of age of person, but more likely noticed on older woman..

I have strands of silver that are not diet related starting to show up. Not sure what Ill do when they get obvious. I am more bothered by the color darkening in conjunction with this. You kind of get used to looking a certain way after a long time. ^_^
    Last edited by Pickles; 09-28-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: oops... didnt fimish
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

gnothiseauton is offline Member
    Maybe I'm the youngest here at 43, and other than silver strands in my hair, some of which I've had since my twenties and which I often hide under a hat or with henna, I have few signs of aging. I don't like wearing makeup as it dries me out, though I do sometimes wear it when I'm performing. I'm passionate about my health; I'm a very fit dancer and I've been a raw vegan for 12 years. People who meet me for the first time often think my boyfriend and I are within the same age bracket and some are shocked to find I'm 18 years older. One lady had seen my silver and said she thought I must be age 24 and prematurely grey. My boyfriend thought I was around his age the first time he met me (granted he does need glasses). We're certainly "equally hot". Although I found the documentary interesting, I was surprised not to see more of us youthful older women in it, which I would have found more personally inspiring and validating. It's as if the casting directors really wanted to go for the shock value. I am looking forward to seeing your segment, Fiorinda, you look great!

My facial skin is very well nurtured with raw fruit facials. Beauty secrets: after making yourself a green smoothie with mango &/or banana, rub the inside of the (organic only) peel of either fruit on your face. Allow to dry, then wash off. Banana is moisturizing, while mango is perfectly astringent. Mango is my favorite, but I hear that people who are allergic to poison oak could react negatively to it, so be careful.
    Last edited by gnothiseauton; 10-03-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: decided i can't post pics on this public forum anymore, sadly

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Gah, I wish these photos were bigger!! We are all gorgeous aren't we?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Being fit does help to look younger. I need to lose weight baaadly.

I have had a lot of stress this last few months and my response to stress has always being binging. It's like "hey, I have a problem, let's add being overweight to it".

MissMuffins likes this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Being fit does help to look younger. I need to lose weight baaadly.

I have had a lot of stress this last few months and my response to stress has always being binging. It's like "hey, I have a problem, let's add being overweight to it".

I can completely relate to this.....

jessieh is offline Neophyte
    Make-up to bed?? That's insane But I like to wear make-up most days. My boy likes me with and without and says it's up to me how I feel, which is perfect
    fiorinda likes this.