AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 6 Post By SheLikesKitties

Thread: Update on my life

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Update on my life

I sold the land where our mountain cabin used to be before it burned. The people who bought it are planning on building rental cabins, and a swimming pool... so one day I may rent there, I hope their business does well.

With the money I got, I bought another smaller property, with a killer view, and we have some left over money to start building a new cabin. It is also a mountain property, about 1/3 of an acre but right next to a forest preserve on the ridge of a rain forest valley with a distant ocean view. You can hear the chirping of birds, and there are butterflies as the one below

I will post pictures when I can actually take good pictures.

Things with Nick are great BUT, still no migration papers. The lawyer has been keeping us on a string, at least there will be no need for a marriage interview, but his situation is basically in limbo.

I am leaving for Guatemala tomorrow on a business trip, I am travelling with my son, I will not stay extra days for tourism, because I am trying to save every penny for the new construction.

And my mother in law is visiting this Christmas and I have to plan fun activities. I am looking forward to that.

I hope all of you have a great weekend!
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    can't wait to see pictures of your property! sounds lovely!

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Great news SLK!! I'm looking forward to photos too!! I hope the migration papers get sorted really soon!!

We've got my mother coming to stay with us for Christmas. Not for very long though (hopefully). I love her very much but having her stay isn't my idea of fun!!
    christina923 likes this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

maryb is offline Member
    Good for you, Shelia. Like a Phoenix...

Have a great trip, I sincerely hope this messy business over Nick's papers is sorted by the time you get back. It's gone on way way too long.

My mother in law is younger than me, and we have a lot of fun when we are together. In my culture you treat the mother in law with great respect and deference, like you would treat your own mother, including using the formal form of Spanish. So for a few years treating people (my inlaws) younger than me so formally created quite a brain disconnect. Now we treat each other as equal friends and that is much better.

I will be leaving this afternoon for Guatemala, and the thing I am most concerned about is the weather. Since I live in 85 -90 weather all year long, I consider anything below 75 as polar temperatures.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    The new property sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm sure your new cabin will be very lovely. You may have lost personal things but you'll always have the memories of the old cabin, and you'll create new, fantastic memories in the new place. Best wishes for years of health and happiness there.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the new property, I can't wait to see pictures.

At least Nick got his fingerprints taken and eyeball (???) scan done.
    What would they want his eyeball scan for is a mistery to me.
    Anyways, the whole ordeal took 5 hours. It was going great, until a pizza delivery guy arrived, around noontime, and then the system crashed for two hours... what a coincidence!

Nick was with his lawyer, and was wanting to leave, furious, but I told him to go through with it, that is was not going to get better any time soon.

Panama is a migration magnet. In a tiny country with a population of 3.5 million, we have 600,000 foreigners.

The new government is supposedly anti-migration. I am glad that Nick should get the permanent resident ID soon.
    whiterose likes this.

Nick and I went to our mountain property yesterday to talk to the contractor who will build our cabin. I can hardly wait until it is completed. As you can see from these pictures, the view is awesome and it is very peaceful.

The picture below is of Mt. Picacho, the 3rd tallest mountain in Panama. Our property is 1640 feet above sea level. Mt. Picacho is at 3880 feet above sea level.

Yesterday I saw beautiful small yellow butterflies. I hope to plant flowers that will attract even more butterflies.
    AmandaAlice, kilny, Faith and 3 others like this.