AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By manofmisteree
  • 3 Post By kittylane
  • 1 Post By theREALTrish
  • 2 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By christina923
  • 1 Post By SummerBob
  • 1 Post By swirlingnurse
  • 2 Post By Peachy
  • 1 Post By Sweetie28

Thread: Hello from an "old timer"

manofmisteree is offline Music Educator/Brat

Hello from an "old timer"

Hello,

It's been a while since I have logged into Ageless. It's funny how life goes on even when you are long longer active on the site. The coloring has changed, the formatting is different, and I even forgot how to log onto here. lol Most will not remember me, mostly because the people I did chat with are likely no longer on this site or keep up with me through facebook.

I still remember logging into Ageless around last 2002. There wasn't myspace, or facebook, or even cell phones that could take pictures. Age gaps were a taboo back then, cougar wasn't yet a term. I was 18, I was beginning my first year of college, and I was gaining lots of life experience and friendship. I remember many people saying that age gap relationships would never work out, younger men just want to fulfill a fantasy, they just want sex, etc. Through my time here, I learned a lot from others as well as myself and I made many long lasting relationships.

Fast forward to 13 years later... I am now 31 year old, I got my Master's degree, I have a full time career as a music educator in the public schools, and I relocated to Los Angeles, CA. Oh...and yes, I still very much love older women.

It's an interesting transition to have always been one of the youngest members to now being one of the veteran members. As I have gotten older...I'm not sure I necessarily felt much different from 13 years ago. I still wanted to be treated as an equal with respect and value regardless of my age. I have noticed that it wasn't until I was 30 that I really got that from people. Being older, I still feel the same about age gap relationships and my desires. I would say the only difference is I understand more about what I want and my confidence has increased a great deal.

Not sure why I am posting here really...though I will say ...to those of you that have been told "he just wants sex, he just wants to fulfill a fantasy, he will leave you after a few months..." I want you to know that those people are wrong. There are those of us that just have a genuine attraction to older women. Thanks to the media and changes in society...it's certainly a lot more acceptable than it used to be.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I hope I am not 40 before I post here again, lol.

Take care,
    Paul
    Every journey begins
    With but a small step.
    And every day is a chance
    For a new, small step
    In the right direction.
    Just follow your Heartsong- Mattie Stepanek

Dr. Mano...paging Dr. Mano...Code "O!"

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    Paul,

Nice to see you around. I too come on a few times a year. This site was a big deal in my life 12 years ago. Yes, you are correct YM OW relationships are normal and work, we will be married 11 years in a few weeks! I just realized that myself! I am thrilled to hear of your life accomplishments. Awesome news. I think you hit the nail on the head, a few years back we did not have the exposure that we have now. I think it has been years that I have explained our age difference.

I wish you the best, I hope some other old timers come on and see your post! Best wishes from sunny S. Florida to you in California!

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manofmisteree View Post
    Hello,

It's been a while since I have logged into Ageless. It's funny how life goes on even when you are long longer active on the site. The coloring has changed, the formatting is different, and I even forgot how to log onto here. lol Most will not remember me, mostly because the people I did chat with are likely no longer on this site or keep up with me through facebook.

I still remember logging into Ageless around last 2002. There wasn't myspace, or facebook, or even cell phones that could take pictures. Age gaps were a taboo back then, cougar wasn't yet a term. I was 18, I was beginning my first year of college, and I was gaining lots of life experience and friendship. I remember many people saying that age gap relationships would never work out, younger men just want to fulfill a fantasy, they just want sex, etc. Through my time here, I learned a lot from others as well as myself and I made many long lasting relationships.

Fast forward to 13 years later... I am now 31 year old, I got my Master's degree, I have a full time career as a music educator in the public schools, and I relocated to Los Angeles, CA. Oh...and yes, I still very much love older women.

It's an interesting transition to have always been one of the youngest members to now being one of the veteran members. As I have gotten older...I'm not sure I necessarily felt much different from 13 years ago. I still wanted to be treated as an equal with respect and value regardless of my age. I have noticed that it wasn't until I was 30 that I really got that from people. Being older, I still feel the same about age gap relationships and my desires. I would say the only difference is I understand more about what I want and my confidence has increased a great deal.

Not sure why I am posting here really...though I will say ...to those of you that have been told "he just wants sex, he just wants to fulfill a fantasy, he will leave you after a few months..." I want you to know that those people are wrong. There are those of us that just have a genuine attraction to older women. Thanks to the media and changes in society...it's certainly a lot more acceptable than it used to be.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I hope I am not 40 before I post here again, lol.

Take care,
    Paul
    I was just thinking of you......thinking about all our phone conversations. lol! Lots has changed over the years. Send me a PM here or a message on FB. I'm proud of you!
    whiterose likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Mano, I love your FB posts. You obviously love what you do, and that's great. Welcome back.
    whiterose and karlsgirl like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    lil' ship ...wasn't that also your name?
    whiterose likes this.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I'm not sure age gaps were as taboo in 2002 as you think, or as accepted today as you think, but if you think the transition from 2002 to now is as dramatic as you seem to imply, then I'm certainly encouraged by that. I'll think of that the next time I look for a wife. LOL!!

This is a great forum, but as far as activity, it's slowed down these days. I think the hayday of this forum was probably around 2004 - 06 when it was really hopping!

It's like everything else in the world. New technology, methods and ways of doing things come along and the old becomes obsolete. Today so many people are chatting on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other social media sites that old-style forums have become old hat. But we're still around and people pop in from time to time, so it's always great to have another person join the discussion.
    whiterose likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Quote Originally Posted by kittylane View Post
    Paul,

Nice to see you around. I too come on a few times a year. This site was a big deal in my life 12 years ago. Yes, you are correct YM OW relationships are normal and work, we will be married 11 years in a few weeks! I just realized that myself! I am thrilled to hear of your life accomplishments. Awesome news. I think you hit the nail on the head, a few years back we did not have the exposure that we have now. I think it has been years that I have explained our age difference.

I wish you the best, I hope some other old timers come on and see your post! Best wishes from sunny S. Florida to you in California!

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary kittylane! Glad to know you and your hubby are still very much in love!
    kittylane likes this.
    "Two generations, One love!"

Peachy is offline Lost in Love
    Paul ... what a hoot! I have not been here in FOREVER!! I really cannot remember the last time. But I got an e-mail from AL wishing me a Happy Birthday and then today I got a friend request so I decided to come see what's going on ... and lo and behold the first thread I see is yours!!!

Go figure!
    whiterose and karlsgirl like this.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW . . . What a ride!"

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    Hey, glad to see you're still dropping in! I'm a newb compared to a lot of the old timers here but I know your posts and glad to hear things are going okay.
    whiterose likes this.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    What a surprise Mano.

princessdy is offline Photography, My Passion

O ... M ... G ....

MANO!!!

Like several of the other women who have posted here, I visit much, much less these days but mostly come back after I suggest the site to someone else, lol.

So nice to see that you are all growed up, a Masters, how wonderful, and I bet you are just amazing with the children. Good, good, good for you.

Now, you have all that done, increased confidence, you should not have a difficult time finding a woman as you were a very sweet man when you were 18 and sounds like you just became sweeter as you grew.

All the best to you!

Big Hugs,
    princessdy

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by manofmisteree View Post
    Hello,

I still remember logging into Ageless around last 2002. There wasn't myspace, or facebook, or even cell phones that could take pictures. Age gaps were a taboo back then, cougar wasn't yet a term.
    Actually, in 2002 age-gaps were openly accepted by comparison to 1982. LOL!

I joined in 2004, so I probably don't remember you. Welcome back, and I hope you stick around and chat!
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."