AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By swirlingnurse
  • 2 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 2 Post By SummerBob

Thread: My son is going to China

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

My son is going to China

My son is traveling to China with his gf and her mother. They are visiting her grandparents. I am missing him already, and he just left today. In a way I know how my mother in law must have felt when Nick traveled to Panama for the first time, at the same age as my son. The world is such a big place from a mother's perspective.
    Last edited by SheLikesKitties; 05-28-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Hugs to you Kitties! You are a mom and your son will always be your baby. I hope he has a safe trip back home.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.
    "Two generations, One love!"

They just arrived at their destination (Canton) after a very long trip. That place is exactly 12 hours difference from Panama, so I guess we are standing on opposite sides of the planet. I remember that concept was endlessly fascinating to me when I was a little girl, I would always wonder if being on opposites side of the planet meant you did everything in a different direction, like sleeping crosswise on the bed, and walking on the ceiling.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    ahh...so he went. serious then?

gorillagirl Guest
    so, he's going to marry her? good thing you went to the dinner party.

Regarding the seriousness of the situation, I am just standing in the sidelines. He never asked my opinion before he promised her to make the trip. After I found out, I made him aware of the seriousness of a trip to meet the grandparents.

I remember when I took him to Indiana one Christmas, to meet Nick's parents, and grandparents, before Nick and I were married, and there was no sense of marriage engagement in the whole affair. Nick and I could have broken up (we actually did break up after that trip) and there would have been no social repercussions for any of the parties involved.

I think that now he is aware that the same situation means two different things in two cultures, but even then, he went ahead with the trip.

So, apart from wishing them a safe and fun trip, I am just waiting to see what happens.
    christina923 and gorillagirl like this.

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    so.... how was the his trip? is he married?

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    When I made my first trip to the Philippines, I felt a lot of pressure to marry the girl I was visiting. Her family even offered to prepare the paperwork for me. A red flag went up in my head! Something inside of me kept telling me no, and I returned home without making any promises or signing anything! It was one of the reasons I didn't marry her.

My second trip, to meet someone else, was very different, and the dynamic between her and I was altogether different. I just felt right, and I went through with it this time. It must have been right, because 22 years later we're still together.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

He came back from China less than a week ago. His girlfriend kept me updated about the cities they were visiting and kept her Facebook page full of photos, so I knew they were having a good time.

He tells me that her family was great, great hosts, but there was no pressure for marriage. I would not mind going to China myself when I get the cash for it, and sleeping pills for the long trip.