AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By LunaLove

Thread: Ag Gap Love Documentaries from Channel 5

fiorinda is offline Senior Member

Ag Gap Love Documentaries from Channel 5

Ooops!! Title should be AGE Gap, obviously!

All of both series of the Age Gap Love documentaries made by Channel 5 here in the UK are currently available to watch on You Tube if anyone wants to see them (we are in Series 2 Episode 1). They might not stay, as Channel 5 usually takes them down when they find them!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=age+gap+love
    Last edited by fiorinda; 08-25-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

EMT
    EMT is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by fiorinda View Post
    Ooops!! Title should be AGE Gap, obviously!

All of both series of the Age Gap Love documentaries made by Channel 5 here in the UK are currently available to watch on You Tube if anyone wants to see them (we are in Series 2 Episode 1). They might not stay, as Channel 5 usually takes them down when they find them!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=age+gap+love
    You guys are wonderful! You are absolutely gorgeous!!

I had no idea this show existed!! Now I'm watching episodes like crazy. It's so refreshing and reassuring to see folks having wonderful lives together, and really making it. Thank you for bringing this show to my attention, I told J about it, and he's going to watch with me later on today.

Aww. Thanks!! Glad you're enjoying the programmes!
    EMT likes this.

LunaLove is offline Senior Member
    You two remind me SOOOO much of my YM and myself. Similar ages, personality types, circumstances, etc.

Is this series still being made?

The 2 series were made a couple of years apart so I guess it's possible Channel 5 could commission another series at some point, but there's only so much to say isn't there? You know, before it inevitably sank into freakshow territory. I think it teeters on the edge of that already in parts. It was a fun thing to do, and we got a highly original and very wonderful wedding video made in the process too!!
    LunaLove likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fiorinda View Post
    The 2 series were made a couple of years apart so I guess it's possible Channel 5 could commission another series at some point, but there's only so much to say isn't there? You know, before it inevitably sank into freakshow territory. I think it teeters on the edge of that already in parts. It was a fun thing to do, and we got a highly original and very wonderful wedding video made in the process too!!
    I've noticed that 1/2 the stories are a bit cringworthy, the other 1/2 are great. Maybe they are going for comparisons?

I have to say that I've watched your wedding video a few times. I'm envious. Me and my YM and I are both gamers and I made him cosplay shoulders for last Christmas. Even before I saw your show I wanted to do something different, original, should I marry him. And cosplay/gaming costumes are what I'd want. I really LOVE how you had your wedding.

It's probably bad luck to mention this but he has marriage on his mind. After 20 years of being married to an abusive man and 2 years of separation (also several separations in the past), I'm finally filling out the paperwork for divorce. My YM and myself both come from abusive parents and I'm so confused on what I should do.

To be married to someone I adore and who adores me would be the highlight of my life. And yet I'm so afraid it would be selfish on my part. I know that he'd marry me in an instant if that's what I want. But is that the right thing to do? Honestly, I know this is a carryover from my childhood and I should shake it off but I can't get past the feeling that I'm just not worthy of this, of him, of happiness.

Lunalove, I'd say be a little patient. You've not even lived together yet. Wait until you have been living together for a year or so and are sure that it's all that you'd hoped it would be.

It's perfectly acceptable for you to be the one to propose marriage. And it wouldn't be selfish. No-one is going to force him to marry you. Surely he'll only do it if it's what he wants too.

I'm really flattered you enjoyed watching our wedding so much. I've never been one for following conventions when they don't suit me (or I think they're ridiculous or redundant). My first wedding (in 1996) was a 'walking wedding', with the reception in my mother's garden, catered by me, and I wore black that time too.

Why not start a private Pinterest board to collect ideas for your possible future wedding? No-one else needs to know!! Good luck with your divorce!

Hi Fiorinda, was feeling especially emotional about things when I wrote that.

He'll be here in just 3 short months now. And yeah, we'll wait and see how things go.
    fiorinda likes this.

arctic is offline Member
    Nice documentary ! Although I have second thoughts about that Asian woman but those are just my two cents...
    Flying solo again

Quote Originally Posted by arctic View Post
    Nice documentary ! Although I have second thoughts about that Asian woman but those are just my two cents...

Which Asian woman, Arctic?

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    Kawaii
    I enjoyed most the series.

Gotta say, that Austrian fellow, I wouldn't marry at any age. If they fail it wasn't the gap. My own pop was a multimillionare that was 30 years older than my mom. I'm glad he was efficient, gregarious, patient and active

Your Wedding was fun, Amy. You and your man are like peas and carrots. I still am in the LDR waiting game myself. And my 5-0 is today
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

Happy Birthday Pickles!! My 51st is in just under 2 weeks. We're having a 1st Wedding Anniversary/Halloween party on my birthday in the venue where we had our wedding reception!! Then 4 days later we move house!! Think that officially makes us crazy!

The Austrian, Richard? I think he and his wife deserved each other.