AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By NY10
  • 2 Post By Pickles

Thread: Honest people

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Honest people

This Christmas I have been scatter brained. I have left my purse/wallet in not one but two super busy stores, and both times it was returned to me intact, containing cellphone, car keys, and cash.

Sigh

I hope I become more careful soon. No need to tempt luck.
    christina923 and kilny like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Well as long as both times it was returned then I'd say you're lucky.

It's nice to know there are still nice honest people in this world.

On LI yesterday at our busiest mall where millions are finishing xmas shopping there was a robbery at a Rolex store gone wrong and an employee was shot.

Middle of the day. I was planning on going there too.

So sad and terrible. I went today instead and it was insane. Traffic, crazy drivers, crazier people. It's like the whole meaning of Christmas no longer exists.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I've had two experiences like that, both times I lost my wallet on the road while riding my motorcycle

The first time the person who found it called me and returned it to me at a place where we agreed to meet. Everything was intact, including cash.

The second time I got a call from the police saying they arrested the guy who tried to use my credit card. When I got the wallet at the station everything was gone -- license, credit cards, social security card and even the picture of my girlfriend (we were still dating).

So, yes, don't tempt fate. It's the luck of the draw when someone finds your wallet.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    Lucky for you. My Purse was untouched including except fact it had been rifled thru and I had 3 air tickets charged to my account on Al Jazeehira Airlines 24 hours later. Also had my identity used later that year. Lucky I had alerts so my bank was like Miss Penny Pincher is doing WHAT?Better give her a call. Man that would have hurt since it was pretty much my entire account and bills would have bounced.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    What I have been seing on FB lately is a LOT of lost and found dogs. It seems that with the firecrackers poor dogs escape their yards and get lost. I hope they find their owners.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Pickles is offline Senior Member

Merry antichristmas.
    As some may remember I have been working my fanny off repacking and sorting tons of stuff so i can move back to my homestate of AZ.
    The locker that was being filled with sorted, repacked things to take with us and that I just put my new adjustable table in after last payment made, was broken into. A few cherished things were taken, all d our appliances, tools, the wheelchair hoist I put in while my ranger goes for repair, an even her spare legs. Worse they crushed and ruined underfoot everything they didn't steal. They somehow were able to undetected take an entire 10x20 room of stuff. I hate thieves and this is why I in particular hate every aspects of drugs. No such thing as a victimless crime. If they are caught I will push for the most severe punishment possible since it is a major felony with several items worth over 5k themselves. I will be there, in their face pressuring them. I would say sadly, but it gets less sad to me, every decade I live I despise the human race more.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest