AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Sophia
  • 1 Post By whiterose
  • 4 Post By fiorinda
  • 1 Post By gorillagirl
  • 1 Post By whiterose
  • 1 Post By Odd Even

Thread: What happened? Forum so quiet!

Sophia is offline Neophyte

Red face What happened? Forum so quiet!

Hi,
    I havenīt logged on in a long time simply because I have been so busy. The forum seems to be hybernating - did all the agegap relationships end? Mine didnīt!!
    How is everyone doing??
    /Sophia
    Falcon32 likes this.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    It is very quiet indeed. I have noticed lots of people visiting the site but just not posting. Keep posting and hopefully they will join in.
    Sophia likes this.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Hi,
    I havenīt logged on in a long time simply because I have been so busy. The forum seems to be hybernating - did all the agegap relationships end? Mine didnīt!!
    How is everyone doing??
    /Sophia
    They didn't end, they just stopped having issues so people are quietly getting on with their lives! Probably busy with other stuff, like yourself
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sophia is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by fiorinda View Post
    They didn't end, they just stopped having issues so people are quietly getting on with their lives! Probably busy with other stuff, like yourself
    Haha yeah, I was just joking there

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    We've all been wondering the same really. Personally I've got no age-gap related issues in my life so not so much reason to come to the forum. I check in most days but there's not much happening
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

gorillagirl Guest
    actually, many of us got irritated with over-moderation and a few consistently snarky (rude) posters and moved onto facebook.
    theREALTrish likes this.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    actually, many of us got irritated with over-moderation and a few consistently snarky (rude) posters and moved onto facebook.

Interesting, considering that there has hardly been any moderation required over the past several years. And I do mean hardly.

Now I was gone for about 10 months, so unless something happened during that time that didn't get documented, I am not seeing any moderation during that time.

The site is quiet because age gap relationships are more acceptable in society's eyes than 10-12 years ago. We simply don't attract as many new users who need our support like we used to. And, there are other options available for people to connect socially, like the example you gave.. Facebook.

Having said that, as long as the owners are willing to keep this site running, we are here to provide support and advice to whomever needs it.
    christina923 likes this.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    There hasn't been much moderation in the past couple of years for the very reason that the site is so slow. However, there was a time when it was heavily moderated and because of that, there were a few other sites that sprang off from Ageless.

Odd Even is offline Senior Member
    It seems to be a law of Nature that fora which once were very poplular with a lot of activity, after some years lose their popularity and the activity on them decline. This happened several fora of different types which I use to visit...
    Last edited by Odd Even; 04-30-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    theREALTrish likes this.
    Odd Even

Corsair is offline Member
    Forums aren't as popular as they used to be. A lot of people prefer Twitter and Reddit, Facebook etc now. Not sure if age gap problems being on the decline is a big factor as most of the discussions here are pretty general.