AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SummerBob

Thread: Remembering 9/11

whiterose is offline Administrator

Remembering 9/11

Have spent the entire day watching 9/11 documentaries on the History channel. 15 years later, I still cry deeply over the losses our country suffered that day. My thoughts and prayers are with all who lost loved ones that fateful day.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    My youngest son, who is 12, was not born yet when it happened. He's in 7th grade taking a communications class where they discuss and write about events that happened before the kids were born, and what impact it has on their lives. They're studying 9/11 right now.
    whiterose likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I remember that day well. It's funny, I had a premonition of death riding my motorcycle to work that morning. I had just recently replaced the chain on my bike, and as I was riding I kept hearing a jingling sound. I thought the chain was loose, which would be disaster if it jammed while I'm riding at 50 mph, so I took it very slow. I kept thinking if I go down now this could be it. As I turned to go to the motorcycle shop I looked down and realized the jingling was my keys. Feeling stupid, I turned around and went back to work.

Later that morning I got a call from my mom. My mom never calls me at work, it's always my wife. I picked up and she told me about the planes crashing into the World Trade Center. The rest of the day is history.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."