AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SheLikesKitties
  • 1 Post By Corsair

Thread: Question on ageing.

Corsair is offline Member

Question on ageing.

I know a woman who is in her 50's and she is constantly going on about age and how she is getting older. How her body is changing etc etc etc

Is this typical of what it is like to get older? To complain a lot and really focus on your age? I know I will not be immune to getting older myself and I know things will change and the body changes. I get that but I would hate to think that ageing becomes an obsession of sorts where that is all you can think about and talk about.

Just wanting to get some feedback.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    At one point, as we get old, some things suddenly do not work as they used to. It takes more effort to lose weight, it takes more make-up to look pretty, you cannot drink as much wine, it takes a bit of pain to climb stairs or hills. And then we realize youth is gone. Some people take these news with great concern, and it takes some time to get used to the idea that you are over the hill. Some women complain about being invisible, I consider this a blessing. It should pass.
    Corsair likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Corsair is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    At one point, as we get old, some things suddenly do not work as they used to. It takes more effort to lose weight, it takes more make-up to look pretty, you cannot drink as much wine, it takes a bit of pain to climb stairs or hills. And then we realize youth is gone. Some people take these news with great concern, and it takes some time to get used to the idea that you are over the hill. Some women complain about being invisible, I consider this a blessing. It should pass.
    The women becoming invisible part has always bemused me. Being male I have always been invisible unless someone wants something heavy lifted or a woman thinks I will provide her protection.

Perhaps it is just the women who have always received attention who tend to miss it when it's gone?

Overall though, I agree. Being invisible is a good thing.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

HDAntenna is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    The women becoming invisible part has always bemused me. Being male I have always been invisible unless someone wants something heavy lifted or a woman thinks I will provide her protection.

Perhaps it is just the women who have always received attention who tend to miss it when it's gone?

Overall though, I agree. Being invisible is a good thing.
    Ah. I see it.