AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Share your Corona experience

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP

Share your Corona experience

Hello, I decided this would be a good place to share how are we doing during this pandemic. I live in Panama, as of tomorrow we are in total lockdown. We have only one hour a day to go get supplies. The last number of your ID tells you during which time slot you are allowed to go out for essentials. All businesses except supermarkets, farmacies and hospitals are closed. Some government offices are open, most are closed. Our beaches are closed. No flights in or out. Borders closed. My business unfortunately is one of those ordered to be closed. Everybody home.
    My husband is a heavy smoker (40 yr old) I am 61. So we are both health risks. In addition, I take care of my mom, who is 87. She lives next door, but I do all her shopping.
    On a positive note, I have food for 2 weeks, and we are all healthy.

Take care you all.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    We had a few anxious days when our daughter went down with covid-19, but she is recovering well. She is an A&E nurse and had treated elderly patients brought in with acute respiritory failure which turned out to be due to it, and presumably contracted it from one of them. She felt rotten for two days then perked up, and now five days later is a lot better, but can't go back to work until she is out of isolation. Her partner and children have had to into isolation with her, but that has made little difference with schools and workplaces shut anyway.

The College where I teach has dispersed and all teaching and assessing is now online, so I'm writing online study guides instead of lesson plans, but the courses should finish on time.
    We are on 'social distancing' rather than a full 'lockdown' - staying at home mainly but can go out occasionally (no set times) for shopping and daily exercise, keeping 2m away from other people.

SW

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    I see only four of us; SLK, Inamorata, myself and Tamar12, have visited in the past nine days. AGL is truely a pale shadow of it's old self.

Hello Tamar12, I see you have been a member of 18 months but never posted. What brings you here?

Sw

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    I live in Dallas TX. I teach preK. All schools are closed indefinitely and are online learning only. We have a shelter in place order and fines can be given for failure to follow social distancing. We can still do take out, but Mark and I are not. We do not trust the workers. Both Mark and I are high risk: he has kidney disease and I have asthma. We only go out for groceries or to get ex. I do the shopping wearing a mask and gloves. We disinfect groceries, our shoes, mail, and hand wash. I am teaching online. We have our doggie babies who are here with us.

My Mom is 71 living with my bro and his wife. She is in NM. She is scared being older. My bro is considered essential. My sister-in-law is laid off until coronavirus bottoms out
    Last edited by Sweetie28; 03-28-2020 at 12:06 AM.